• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cozier-Dubery: It’s A Me, Amario

lomekian

Essays are my thing
:lol:
That's more up @lomekian alley tbh
tbf the ones that left us for nothing in recent years really have been crap! If ACD or Walters leaves without a fee, particularly Walters, that will be a failing of the club. That said, City & Chelsea have had the same problem a lot in recent years.

If we were still ****, I'm sure Walters and ACD would have had a look by now - though not bringing Walters on in the Lens home game was an error in my view.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
One of the things in football I enjoy the most is academy players breaking through. It's so cool to see a player develop into a top player before your eyes. Unfortunately, Arteta doesn't come through in that department at all. It makes sense to develop an academy player behind Saka, because who can you buy that has the quality and the patience to play second fiddle behind Saka? I fear Arteta is running Saka into the ground and he should've used the opportunity to develop ACD behind him to rest him when possible.

Based on the highlights I've seen of ACD I would be happy to see him go to Ajax, so I can see him develop there. He would do well to get the hell out if he wants a chance to play.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
One of the things in football I enjoy the most is academy players breaking through. It's so cool to see a player develop into a top player before your eyes. Unfortunately, Arteta doesn't come through in that department at all. It makes sense to develop an academy player behind Saka, because who can you buy that has the quality and the patience to play second fiddle behind Saka? I fear Arteta is running Saka into the ground and he should've used the opportunity to develop ACD behind him to rest him when possible.

Based on the highlights I've seen of ACD I would be happy to see him go to Ajax, so I can see him develop there. He would do well to get the hell out if he wants a chance to play.
Tbh none of the current guys are ready for that level. Looking back, it makes me appreciate Saka even more. The most talented from this crop both U18 and U21 are Nwaneri, Skelly and Monlouis

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tbh none of the current guys are ready for that level. Looking back, it makes me appreciate Saka even more. The most talented from this crop both U18 and U21 are Nwaneri, Skelly and Monlouis
100% 17 year old saka would not be near the first team under Arteta. And no one was saying give saka a chance before Emery did. Sometimes young players surprise you. 9/10 there is much safer bet in the first team than young talent. Like Amrabat instead of mainoo at United

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think they were negligent because they assumed he would sign without actually doing the work to prepare him for first team football. He'll be 19 by the time he makes his debut and will be behind players around his group despite his potential. He should have signed in the Summer and been on loan. Then we wouldn't be talking about not giving him opportunities- we'd have a clearer idea of how good he can be.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
100% 17 year old saka would not be near the first team under Arteta. And no one was saying give saka a chance before Emery did. Sometimes young players surprise you. 9/10 there is much safer bet in the first team than young talent. Like Amrabat instead of mainoo at United
I don't know man, Saka was on fire in the academy. That whole group were killing it. Joe Willock, Balogun, Smith, John Jules, Amaechi... They played electric football and were just crushing teams. None of these current batch really dominate U18 and U21 football like those guys did. Reiss Nelson also made that level look like child's play at 17. I like Duberry, but he has not shown that type of dominance. Closest are Skelly for his physicality and athleticism and Nwaneri for his composure and technique. But even both of those guys have not shown the consistency yet.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't know man, Saka was on fire in the academy. That whole group were killing it. Joe Willock, Balogun, Smith, John Jules, Amaechi... They played electric football and were just crushing teams. None of these current batch really dominate U18 and U21 football like those guys did. Reiss Nelson also made that level look like child's play at 17. I like Duberry, but he has not shown that type of dominance. Closest are Skelly for his physicality and athleticism and Nwaneri for his composure and technique. But even both of those guys have not shown the consistency yet.
Again you can find a reason not to promote every youngster. But if you can promote a player or two and make atleast a squad player of then it saves you a lot of money. We are in a time where 30-40 million gets you an average pl player. This is where academy and coaching becomes big. But with the ffp now I think suddenly a lot of clubs will look more into their academies

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom