• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cozier-Dubery: It’s A Me, Amario

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he is skillful and entertaining but won't make it because he is not efficient in front of the goal, from decision making to his finishing. That can all work at the youth level but doesn't translate well into the first team

Sparrahork

I bet there is a thread because he is on the US tour. They only sub 20 year old to make it I believe. Interested to see if he gets some pitch time. He's an exciting player.
I hope the thread is here to remind some we do not need a further rw, that there should be a path for hale Ender's like acd to force their way into the team.

Very interested to see more of him this tour, hopefully he gets some minutes and impresses when on the pitch.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Why is there a thread already? :lol:

Anyway, Amario Cozier-Duberry is arguably one of the most underrated prospects currently. He's a non-league talent we picked up as an u15 so wasn't at Hale End for long before making an impact at U18 level. He's ascended pretty quickly and is became one of - if not - the most important players in the U21 team in his 2nd scholarship year.

Yes, he is small. He is, however, very adept at dealing with defenders bigger than him, using his acceleration, agility and an ability to use his body very well in duels - something that's been a strong feature of Hale End in recent years (Saka being the benchmark). He's also a very sly dribbler, often misdirecting his opponents with his ability to go inside and outside, and doesn't lose the ball often in very close quarters. He doesn't score that many but he does have significant goalscoring potential due to his ability to cut in and shoot. He's quite good at manufacturing angles for himself to get a final shot or pass into forwards.

Perhaps the most underrated aspect is his doggedness - he's willing to get involved in duels and doesn't shy away. The similarities to Saka, while not as strong as made out, are more prominent when you consider how versatile he is and how useful that scrappy nature is - he's played as a CM, both wings and as a LB/LWB.

It's obviously a tight call on whether he will make it. He has Saka ahead of him after all. That said, he's one of our strongest prospects and despite being an England youth international already, he's very much under the radar. If he is given a rare chance to show his ability, do not be surprised if he impresses beyond expectations.
Is he good enough to be our 3rd option RW with a look to become our 2nd option RW soon? Should we plan ahead with the understanding that he'll need a path to the first team a la Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is he good enough to be our 3rd option RW with a look to become our 2nd option RW soon? Should we plan ahead with the understanding that he'll need a path to the first team a la Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly?

Tough question to answer because development these days is so hard to map. For me, he is better than Marquinhos who seems to be ahead in the pecking order. I think he definitely has the potential to be a back up for that position within a season or 2. With that in mind and considering there's no immediate need for another wide attacker, I think that's a spot we can ready him for.

Because he has some similar traits to Saka, there won't be much of a stylistic change. Where I'd like to see a bit more is in his end product but only because I think he has a lot of potential for more goals/assists.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Wenger used the League cup as interim competition to bleed youngsters through. We need to do it this seas vs playing poor performers like Sambi.

With a strong defense and CDM...we can get away with this season.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Wenger used the League cup as interim competition to bleed youngsters through. We need to do it this seas vs playing poor performers like Sambi.

One of the youngsters we want to play is a defender. We played Nelson, Vieira, Marquinhos, Sambi, and Hein, last season and were bounced, immediately. The plan sounds good but the players have to perform well enough to keep the team alive.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Wonder how Omari Hutchinson feels seeing ACD touring the US with us, while he is stuck training with the reserves at Cobham. Such an odd choice to go there as it has turned out pretty much exactly as we all predicted on here so far.
156676-sports-soccer-club-europa-netherlands-vitesse-arnhem.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wonder how Omari Hutchinson feels seeing ACD touring the US with us, while he is stuck training with the reserves at Cobham. Such an odd choice to go there as it has turned out pretty much exactly as we all predicted on here so far.
Shame for him. His best hope is he gets a decent Championship loan but he's gonna have to learn to deal better with contact at a higher level. Sparing a thought for Carney Chukwuemeka aswell - really hope they don't waste him aswell next season as he's a proper talent. He probably should have stayed at Villa! :lol:

Cozier-Duberry turned out to be just as clutch at U21 level though. Slightly less individualistic and perhaps doesn't have Hutchinson's clean ball-striking but given how much Cozier-Duberry has improved in so many aspects of his game in such a short space of time, I think those abilities will start to improve exponentially.

Arteta simply doesn't seem to want to do that. Similar to Pep, he wants his first team fighting all the battles and doesn't give out debuts for free. You have to be as good as the starters basically to bulldoze your way into an opportunity. It's annoying from the perspective of someone that loves seeing the Hale Enders get a shot, even if they're not going to be long term players. Objectively speaking, it's logical to do it this way and it also means that the youngsters have to raise their level even further than where they're at. (Caveat being that it would of course be far more desirable to see the youngsters play than, say, Holding, Cedric, Elneny etc).

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Shame for him. His best hope is he gets a decent Championship loan but he's gonna have to learn to deal better with contact at a higher level. Sparing a thought for Carney Chukwuemeka aswell - really hope they don't waste him aswell next season as he's a proper talent. He probably should have stayed at Villa! :lol:

Cozier-Duberry turned out to be just as clutch at U21 level though. Slightly less individualistic and perhaps doesn't have Hutchinson's clean ball-striking but given how much Cozier-Duberry has improved in so many aspects of his game in such a short space of time, I think those abilities will start to improve exponentially.

Arteta simply doesn't seem to want to do that. Similar to Pep, he wants his first team fighting all the battles and doesn't give out debuts for free. You have to be as good as the starters basically to bulldoze your way into an opportunity. It's annoying from the perspective of someone that loves seeing the Hale Enders get a shot, even if they're not going to be long term players. Objectively speaking, it's logical to do it this way and it also means that the youngsters have to raise their level even further than where they're at. (Caveat being that it would of course be far more desirable to see the youngsters play than, say, Holding, Cedric, Elneny etc).
Chukwuemeka the bigger talent for sure, but at least he got some game time. Bloody stupid going there though - he'd probably have played 3 times as much at Villa. Interesting how Chelsea have gone for a much more expensive version of project youth - but have gone so far overboard that they will waste a number of careers. They may be feeling very smug in 4 years time as there are so many talented young players they have bought, but it could easily go badly badly wrong. Will be interesting to watch.

As for Arteta and the kids, its also a timing thing. Since he's been manager, our best young players have either already been in the squad, objectively not good enough or simply too young/early in their development, or exciting but never going to get the games they need without going on loan.

Theoretically, despite the higher level, it should be easier for younger players to be blooded in the cups as the team culture and level really cements this year. Before he was always too busy putting out fires or this last year massively overachieving to really give young players much a look, particularly as the best were mostly out on loan.

And tbh I'm not sure its that more desirable to have any of our playing ahead of Holding, Cedric or Elneny for the last 3-4 years as we've had no-one at the level in those positions. I think the same is true this year. Another loan might develop BNC sufficiently to get a look, but we aren't stocked for centre-backs or DMs. Walters needs some mens games on loan before being exposed at this level, and I don't see and defensive midfielders close yet. Obviously MLS looks like he could well get there, but is he really a DM? And he is still very young and raw from a senior football perspective. Not sure Bradley Ibrahim has the potential, though may be worth a look at some stage.

Ultimately, most of our deadwood in recent years has been in positions its hard to expose youngsters unless they are truly exceptional. Easier to come in as wingers or strikers or attacking midfielders. Hence ACD being in America

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think he'll learn from it as he might have realized it after Saliba went down in a nothing match.

League should have been prioritize but he risked a first team defender that was crucial for our success. I'm sure he regrets and I doubt he'll play his core starters in League Cup matches again. Ride of die with the players that start it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he'll learn from it as he might have realized it after Saliba went down in a nothing match.

League should have been prioritize but he risked a first team defender that was crucial for our success. I'm sure he regrets and I doubt he'll play his core starters in League Cup matches again. Ride of die with the players that start it.
It was the deciding home playoff game in UEL against Sporting at home where Saliba was injured.

Arsenal lost in penalties, so it was a close match after 2-2 draw away.

He already rotated White in that game from the backline, who had played more earlier I think.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I’d like to see Cozier Duberry act as back up for Saka and get some serious minutes. I’d wager that he will become a serious option for rotation, the guy is super impressive each time I watch him play.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Chukwuemeka the bigger talent for sure, but at least he got some game time. Bloody stupid going there though - he'd probably have played 3 times as much at Villa. Interesting how Chelsea have gone for a much more expensive version of project youth - but have gone so far overboard that they will waste a number of careers. They may be feeling very smug in 4 years time as there are so many talented young players they have bought, but it could easily go badly badly wrong. Will be interesting to watch.

As for Arteta and the kids, its also a timing thing. Since he's been manager, our best young players have either already been in the squad, objectively not good enough or simply too young/early in their development, or exciting but never going to get the games they need without going on loan.

Theoretically, despite the higher level, it should be easier for younger players to be blooded in the cups as the team culture and level really cements this year. Before he was always too busy putting out fires or this last year massively overachieving to really give young players much a look, particularly as the best were mostly out on loan.

And tbh I'm not sure its that more desirable to have any of our playing ahead of Holding, Cedric or Elneny for the last 3-4 years as we've had no-one at the level in those positions. I think the same is true this year. Another loan might develop BNC sufficiently to get a look, but we aren't stocked for centre-backs or DMs. Walters needs some mens games on loan before being exposed at this level, and I don't see and defensive midfielders close yet. Obviously MLS looks like he could well get there, but is he really a DM? And he is still very young and raw from a senior football perspective. Not sure Bradley Ibrahim has the potential, though may be worth a look at some stage.

Ultimately, most of our deadwood in recent years has been in positions its hard to expose youngsters unless they are truly exceptional. Easier to come in as wingers or strikers or attacking midfielders. Hence ACD being in America
Who's ACD?

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom