• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Benteke pisses on Giroud, not even worth a debate if you watch enough of both without your Arsenal rose tinted glasses.

Giroud has little over Benteke, good looks maybe, that's it.

He'll score more than Benteke next season though, as he'll start every game for a much better side in Arsenal.

Benteke has a great scoring record, phenomenal actually when you consider the anti football of Lambert.

Maybe ?:eek:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Benteke pisses on Giroud, not even worth a debate if you watch enough of both without your Arsenal rose tinted glasses.

Giroud has little over Benteke, good looks maybe, that's it.

He'll score more than Benteke next season though, as he'll start every game for a much better side in Arsenal.

Benteke has a great scoring record, phenomenal actually when you consider the anti football of Lambert.

Harry Kane outscored everyone and he plays for Sp**s . If this guy is that good he'll outscore Giroud as he'll quickly become the focal point .

@Stevo the Villan Is there a problem with consistency there ? I remember him playing against Chelsea and putting Terry to the sword . I also remember he went through a stage he couldn't hit a barn door .

Bit of a fallacy saying he would score with the chances created for him . The ball moves quicker with our team than it does with Villa . Movement and touch would be tested .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah,

Yeah he is.

Did you happen to see Ade's penultimate season for us? Absolute machine, 30+ goals, neck and neck with Ronaldo for the golden boot. His attitude has always been questioned but his ability hasn't.

Benteke hasn't had a season close to Ade in 07/08.

Yeah he was a monster that season and he still wasn't the finished product . Can you imagine what he would have been if he had hunger and desire as well .

GDeep™

League is very weak
Harry Kane outscored everyone and he plays for Sp**s . If this guy is that good he'll outscore Giroud as he'll quickly become the focal point .

Kane is a freak story, happens once every 10 years or something.

Benteke is joining a new club, new style of play and will be competing with one of the best strikers in England for a start.

Giroud has been here a number of years and will start a bulk of the games for a quality Arsenal outfit, he should outscore Benteke very comfortably.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I think he's a decent player but I highly doubt he'll fit with Liverpool's team, don't think they'll play anyone out wide who's actually much of a crosser. All playmakers like Lallana or Firmino cutting inside.

It's common knowledge that Benteke as a player needs to have a good supply of crosses to score, so guess which team put in the least amount of crosses in the league last year?

That's right, Pool.
No. That's not common knowledge.

What that is is a common misconception that Benteke is just a target man. Basically because he's tall people think he scores loads of headers and needs crosses.

He doesn't. He scores every type of goal there is. He doesn't rely on crosses. Yes he needs service, most strikers do. But its a lazy accusation thrown at him that he needs crosses into the box to score from. He doesn't. Get the ball to his feet and he'll score.

Incidentally, he's off the mark for Liverpool already.

https://vine.co/v/eHMWZql660e

What a clogger

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
@Stevo the Villan Is there a problem with consistency there ? I remember him playing against Chelsea and putting Terry to the sword . I also remember he went through a stage he couldn't hit a barn door .
He went through a patch where he was playing injured where he didn't score for a while.

But he was playing for us, probably the least creative team in the league at that point. It would have been hard for anyone to score for us at that point.

Plus he was still only 22 or 23 at that point.

Bould14

I love Benteke I always liked him more than Lukaku he's got a real edge to his game. Lukaku never uses his great size as he should. Benteke Scores some great goals is he worth the price bought of course not, but in this over inflated market with strikers it's bound to happen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No. That's not common knowledge.

What that is is a common misconception that Benteke is just a target man. Basically because he's tall people think he scores loads of headers and needs crosses.

He doesn't. He scores every type of goal there is. He doesn't rely on crosses. Yes he needs service, most strikers do. But its a lazy accusation thrown at him that he needs crosses into the box to score from. He doesn't. Get the ball to his feet and he'll score.

Incidentally, he's off the mark for Liverpool already.

https://vine.co/v/eHMWZql660e

What a clogger

Come on man, look at the space he's getting... who's he even playing against!?

I didn't say he just needs crosses to score but denying it's a major part of his game is ridiculous. Of his 36 non-penalty goals, 27 came from crosses.

He's not great at linking play at all and he's hardly clinical either, add to that the fact that he's neither a good presser of the ball or the fact he isn't a distance shooter and it's a crazy transfer.

Last edited:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Some of the **** you read on here... If Benteke was world class he wouldn't be going to Liverpool. He's a good player, around Giroud level with room to grow and that's about it. Adebayor was much more talented and is far better technically.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Come on man, look at the space he's getting... who's he even playing against!?

I didn't say he just needs crosses to score but denying it's a major part of his game is ridiculous. Of his 36 non-penalty goals, 27 came from crosses.

He's not great at linking play at all and he's hardly clinical either, add to that the fact that he's neither a good presser of the ball or the fact he isn't a distance shooter and it's a crazy transfer.
Your post reads as somebody who doesn't watch games, just relies on stats to form their opinion. Is that accurate?

Benteke can press.

He hasn't in the past because that wasn't our game.

But he's quick, and he's not lazy. if you ask him to press he'll press. He's more than capable of it.

Not great at linking play? Probably a misconception based on his pass completion stats. For a long time at Villa he was isolated up front. That led to him having few options.
He's a very good passer and links up with others extremely well when the options are there.

Here's a small selection of some of his link up play

and this goal

Relies on crosses? Not really. He'll put away good crosses extremely well, but he's very comfortable playing with the ball at his feet

Not a distance shooter? I'm not sure what counts as "distance". Do these count?

vs Liverpool
another vs Liverpool
vs Norwich
vs Blackpool
vs Manchester United
vs Norwich
vs West Brom
vs QPR

Benteke with the kind of service and link up play he'll receive at liverpool, or another top team, will thrive. Like I said, next summer or the one after he'll be leaving Liverpool and joining an elite club. He's that good

Last edited:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Also, on the Benteke vs Giroud debate, it's worth noting that their stats are almost identical.

They were both signed in the summer of 2012.
Giroud has played 81 games and score 41 goals.
Benteke has played 82 games and scored 42 goals.
(in the premier league)

I'd say the difference is Benteke has done it in one of the worst teams in that league in that period. A team that scored the lowest amount of goals in it's history last season. Benteke still managed 13 goals in 28 appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom