• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win English Super Cup | Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester City | Sunday, August 6 | KO: 16:00 BST | ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like that, the new season is here...and what a way to get it properly started, the cup of cups!

Can we add to our glowing collection of Shields and start the season with a trophy...

main-qimg-c1c0bfec14283c9b7d3e55cf7722c9c1-lq

f4f3c266cbdc0d28891d10e77481d17d_crop_exact.jpg

arsenal-community-shield-winners.ashx

01h3ey7bnxt8m2mvd3ex.jpg

...going for our 16th title in this comp (and it is number 16, don't listen to wiki...as the one we "won" in 1991 (( my birth year too ffs 🤬 )) was actually shared with Sp**s of all teams, so that one can get right in the ****ing bin) and I reckon we will win it 2-1.

Win it for Gabby Jesus, lads!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Think you could honestly apply this to pretty much any creative midfielder in history tbh.

The lad provided two assists in the first leg against Madrid last season, and then scored a goal himself in the second leg. If any Arsenal player did that and you had fans of other clubs, neutrals and whatever making arguments like "he doesn't show up when needed", you'd be laughing at those takes.

I think he's an absolutely world class player and a huge reason why City has been so dominant for so long now. He might be the best creator in PL history. At the very least the most consistent one.

It's just a shame he's playing for City which makes it all a bit boring really.

Might sound nit picky but there’s a big difference between a semi final and a final. Thierry Henry was magnificent for us during cup runs but lacked killer instinct in finals.

I think something similar can be said about KDB. Except Thierry never faked injury and left his team to fend for themselves.

He was not concussed in 2021 and he could’ve continued back in May. He over hit a cross then suddenly felt a bit sore.

Would never doubt his talent. It’s undeniable. But he could’ve shown up a lot more for club and country.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Might sound nit picky but there’s a big difference between a semi final and a final. Thierry Henry was magnificent for us during cup runs but lacked killer instinct in finals.

I think something similar can be said about KDB. Except Thierry never faked injury and left his team to fend for themselves.

He was not concussed in 2021 and he could’ve continued back in May. He over hit a cross then suddenly felt a bit sore.

Would never doubt his talent. It’s undeniable. But he could’ve shown up a lot more for club and country.

So far Haaland has not shown up in big matches either

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don’t like what he is doing with unethical Barca and City; but Guardiola is a phenomenal strategist. It is so funny the most tactically unpredictable Manager is compared to Tets. That being said i am worried about City. They are stockpiling like every good defender other than our two first choice CBs. Combine that with Haaland, De Bruyne, and Rodri i think they will be as strong as ever. No joke we could get 95 points and finish second.

You can see his mind working. Deep, rock solid defense combined with the most clinical striker out there. He is literally playing a completely different way than what he started at Barca and still as dominant as ever

I read a take somewhere recently that city could concede less than 15 goals this season.

And I agree :shivering:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I don’t like what he is doing with unethical Barca and City; but Guardiola is a phenomenal strategist. It is so funny the most tactically unpredictable Manager is compared to Tets. That being said i am worried about City. They are stockpiling like every good defender other than our two first choice CBs. Combine that with Haaland, De Bruyne, and Rodri i think they will be as strong as ever. No joke we could get 95 points and finish second.

You can see his mind working. Deep, rock solid defense combined with the most clinical striker out there. He is literally playing a completely different way than what he started at Barca and still as dominant as ever

Gvardiol is obviously a top player but it all comes down to whether Kovacic can replicate Gundogan's influence in the CM position, if so they'll be very tough to beat. If not, they're beatable.

Farzad Stoned

Gvardiol is obviously a top player but it all comes down to whether Kovacic can replicate Gundogan's influence in the CM position, if so they'll be very tough to beat. If not, they're beatable.

I just find it interesting that he is changing the formula after this many trophies. It makes a lot of sense to me. You limit opponents opportunities while punishing your chances. A long way away from Tiki Taka

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

I just find it interesting that he is changing the formula after this many trophies. It makes a lot of sense to me. You limit opponents opportunities while punishing your chances. A long way away from Tiki Taka
This is why he’s the best. Guy is constantly innovating. The chequebook manager comments are so off the mark. I mean yeah he’s bought good teams etc, but he’s had a profound impact on how the game is played, for better or worse.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

True, in this day and age you need to constantly change things, whether with players that bring something different or formations. Once it's clear how a team can be beaten, others will copy that very quickly.

Conte's time at Chelsea was interesting in that regard. He changed to 3-4-3 - which no one else in the PL played - after a few months in the season and went on that incredible winning run, but next season many teams started using the same formation and they really had a bad season.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Kovacic doesn't have the influence or distribution and definitely not the end product Gündogan has but he's better defensively and one of the most press resistant CMs in the world, depending on what Rodri and KDB look like this season they could actually be even better.

People were joking about Guardiola spending billions on defenders but he's understood that it's harder - for him at least, probably in general - to improve a defender at the top level than it is to teach a team attacking patterns that enable them to control games going forward and to score.

Still think it's outrageous he's won the treble with Akanji and Ake as starters. Game's in the gutter ffs.

Farzad Stoned

True, in this day and age you need to constantly change things, whether with players that bring something different or formations. Once it's clear how a team can be beaten, others will copy that very quickly.

Conte's time at Chelsea was interesting in that regard. He changed to 3-4-3 - which no one else in the PL played - after a few months in the season and went on that incredible winning run, but next season many teams started using the same formation and they really had a bad season.

That is why he keeps tinkering he doesn’t let teams settle on a formula to beat him. Jose was undone by tactical rigidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom