• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win English Super Cup | Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester City | Sunday, August 6 | KO: 16:00 BST | ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like that, the new season is here...and what a way to get it properly started, the cup of cups!

Can we add to our glowing collection of Shields and start the season with a trophy...

main-qimg-c1c0bfec14283c9b7d3e55cf7722c9c1-lq

f4f3c266cbdc0d28891d10e77481d17d_crop_exact.jpg

arsenal-community-shield-winners.ashx

01h3ey7bnxt8m2mvd3ex.jpg

...going for our 16th title in this comp (and it is number 16, don't listen to wiki...as the one we "won" in 1991 (( my birth year too ffs 🤬 )) was actually shared with Sp**s of all teams, so that one can get right in the ****ing bin) and I reckon we will win it 2-1.

Win it for Gabby Jesus, lads!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Haaland is actually poo when he's not playing against PL farmers and mentally brittle midgets isn't he. Has regressed since coming from Dortmund in that respect.

Poor man's ponytailed Pippo Inzaghi at this point. Long way to being compared to Mbappe.

How many times did Haaland touch the ball? Wouldn't be surprised if it was less than 10.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don’t get me started 🤦🏾‍♂️
I have been on this train for so long. Got and get ridiculed by the usual suspects at times for beating this drum, but unless everyone raises a godawful stink things will not change. The referees, the PL and media will not change without pressure. It is the only way. Yesterday just shows how unfair it often is. I blind man could see that Rodeo should have been booked! 💯

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If anything I think we under-celebrated
Not according to Kevin De Bruyne, he said we took it too hard & that it's only a pre season friendly hahaha! They were pretty dirty. Anyway, doesn't matter what they think.

I think that was a pretty hard performance, I was impressed by quite a few of our players and to especially do it against City. It would have put our confidence sky high now, even more for players like Rice, Timber and Havertz, an official trophy in their 1st season with us! It was good to see Turner get a medal, probably his last game with us and he gets 1. Pleased to see the guys that didn't get on still go up there with the team.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Haaland is actually poo when he's not playing against PL farmers and mentally brittle midgets isn't he. Has regressed since coming from Dortmund in that respect.

Poor man's ponytailed Pippo Inzaghi at this point. Long way to being compared to Mbappe.

Forget Mbappe not sure he is better than Harriet from Seven sisters road

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This was a great win. A draw basically but so so important against City. And how they celebrated their goal tells a lot.

Arteta with the masterplan to train penalties in pre-season. Ay @Yousif Arsenal ?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I have been on this train for so long. Got and get ridiculed by the usual suspects at times for beating this drum, but unless everyone raises a godawful stink things will not change. The referees, the PL and media will not change without pressure. It is the only way. Yesterday just shows how unfair it often is. I blind man could see that Rodeo should have been booked! 💯
Who are these usual suspects? I disagree with most stuff you post but here I think the frontlines between the two sides are very different to the usual camps you see here.

Been calling for PGMOL to be dissolved and its members to be hanged for well over a decade on AM fwiw.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Reading the Blue moon forum going back to the penalty shoot out part just for a bit of fun, the way they are carrying on towards us & criticising their team is just making me crack up so much. The way they carried on after they scored, yet they go on and on themselves about us "over celebrating". Seeing City fans during the shoot out to was classic to see!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is fascinating and something I never copped. City rushed all their penalties while all 4 of ours our players took a few seconds to compose themselves before hitting it.

I wonder if it's something we've worked on since losing both last year to Lisbon and recently to United, but also I wonder if Pep encouraged all three of his takers to take them quickly because it's also bizarre how all three were just over a second waiting before striking. The logic being Ramsdale wouldn't have had time to react (I imagine could be wrong and it could just be a coincidence).

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

This is fascinating and something I never copped. City rushed all their penalties while all 4 of ours our players took a few seconds to compose themselves before hitting it.

I wonder if it's something we've worked on since losing both last year to Lisbon and recently to United, but also I wonder if Pep encouraged all three of his takers to take them quickly because it's also bizarre how all three were just over a second waiting before striking. The logic being Ramsdale wouldn't have had time to react (I imagine could be wrong and it could just be a coincidence).
AM hurled abuse toward Arteta for including penalty shootouts in preseason yet it turned out to be valuable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom