• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Stoke City - 12/09/15, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Help me understand, how does Ramsey fit into our current double pivot, ahead of Cazorla?

I'm seeing him in there for most of the posts.

For me, our best and balanced midfield trio consists of Özil, Cazorla and Coquelin, which allows for good possession, good transition and good creativity.

Keep in mind that Hughes will be looking to remain compact and hit us on set pieces and counter attacks, its for this reason I want Cazorla deep, allowing us to move the ball out quickly from defense.

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member
Cech
Debuchy Gab Kos Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Campbell Özil Chamberlain
Alexis

Its tough leaving Ramsey out but I really want to see a front 3 of Joel-Alexs&Chamberlain as I think they have everything.
Do they really?

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Do they really?

All 3 of them are grafters first of all especially the two south american s they have a great determination. I think Sanchez can succeed as our main forward based on his performances for Chilie and Udinese, he is good in the air for his height, hold up play is impressive and can produce a goal from his own quality unlike Walcott and Giroud.

Campbell if given the game time I could seriously see him getting 15+ goals with the amount of chances we create. Hes one of the best young finishers in Europe, his left foot would balance our attack, pacey player and can combine well in our passing game as his ball retention and movement is impressive.

Chamberlain could be devastating on the left cutting in with his right foot, he has fantastic dribbling ability, trickery and can create many chances for the team.

It's unlikely Wenger will ever experiment with this trio but I think based on the attributes all our attackers attain these 3 would could be our most deadliest and fluid forward unit.

Last edited:

Hegemony

I'd go with:

--------------Petr-----------
Bellerin--Kos--Gab--Nacho
--------Coq-----Ramsey----
Oxlade------Özil------Alexis
------------Giroud-----------

I still haven't given up on the idea of Theo as striker but Stoke are a physical side so we need the strength of Giroud. I figured drop Santi for the same reasons.
Ideally I'd like to see Alexis subbed off around the 60 minute mark. If we had a competent LW I'd be tempted to rest him ahead of the Chelsea game, but with Welbeck injured we don't have many options. He's looking a bit jaded so any extra rest time before Mourinho's men is a bonus.

As I said earlier, I've got it as 3-0.

Axel_Gunner

we definitly need Giroud as CF. If that doesnt work out i would love to see Sanchez instead of Walcott in front. I think he is on a higher technical level and good in ball control that might help. Okay but then someone else has to play on the left wing.

TorontoGooner76

Jesus this international break is dragging. Gonna be like christmas next weekend. Back to pretty much 2 games every week fellas. Gotta love the CL.

Know what you mean. A long break in between games. I will be looking forward to this match all week. Hope they come out with a solid performance and a good result. It would bring everyone's confidence in the squad up a few notches and that is exactly what we need right now.

nicky47

Established Member
Looking forward to this, we need a positive performance or things could get sour if we struggle to score yet again! We just need a goal at home to be honest, haha. There's actually a lot of nice looking fixtures so should be a good weekend of football.

I just hope for us we see a couple players step up, we need them too... Would like Campbell to come out of nowhere and score but that I think is wishful thinking!

AVENTUS

Where are you UK residents watching the game I hate 3pm kick offs. I'm looking to go into Foreign Satellite or something soon so all these games can be watched without sh!tty Internet streams.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't wait for this one too long since our last game. Hopefully there'll be a bit more optimism afterwards too.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

---------Alexis----------
Oxlade---Özil ---Theo
----Ramsey---Arteta-----
Nacho---Kos--- Gab---Bellerin

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Coquelin was our player of the month as voted on Arsenal.com, Santi has also had a decent start to the new season, they're two of the last players who'll be dropped imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Cazorla's had one good game by my count - it's not about being dropped anyway it's horses for courses. Don't think we need Coq in this type of game.

It's all moot anyway as Wenger will stick to the same XI vs Newcastle but Mert for Gab, Giroud for Theo, Özil will go back to #10 with Ramsey in place for Ox at RW.

Bould14

Cazorla's had one good game by my count - it's not about being dropped anyway it's horses for courses. Don't think we need Coq in this type of game.

It's all moot anyway as Wenger will stick to the same XI vs Newcastle but Mert for Gab, Giroud for Theo, Özil will go back to #10 with Ramsey in place for Ox at RW.
If this is true. It's a tad depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom