• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Stoke City - 12/09/15, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Cazorla's had one good game by my count - it's not about being dropped anyway it's horses for courses. Don't think we need Coq in this type of game.

It's all moot anyway as Wenger will stick to the same XI vs Newcastle but Mert for Gab, Giroud for Theo, Özil will go back to #10 with Ramsey in place for Ox at RW.
If that happens then i'm putting 50 quid on another 0-0.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If this is true. It's a tad depressing.

Would you bet against it? Arsène might actually prefer Gabriel who has been impressive and has the pace which will allow us to player a higher line with more confidence. It will be interesting to see how Arsène manages Giroud though - does he leave him on the bench and play Alexis up front? By all reports he was again average on international duty - the guy is in a rut.

gstew

My outfield 10:

--------Giroud----------
Theo---Özil ---Oxlade
----Ramsey---Coq-----
Nacho---Kos--- Gab---Bellerin

Sanchez on at 60 minutes for the least effective of the front 3. Alexis has not been himself in both sharpness and hunger. Providing a mini-break could help (I wouldn't mind Wenger telling him that he looks tired......then I could see him having that extra bit of motivation against Chelsea). Lots of big games coming up.

Santi is a defensive liability in terms of strength and pace. I agree with many others that we should change our line-up according to opposition and make use of our high quality depth in the positions where we have it. Thank god Coq is currently not an international and France only play friendlies.

I really wish Wilshere could play this one. I would like to see Santi replace Özil at about the 60 minute mark and keep them both fresh throughout the season with these types of rotation.

samir

Cech
Debuchy Gab Kos Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Campbell Özil Chamberlain
Alexis

Its tough leaving Ramsey out but I really want to see a front 3 of Joel-Alexs&Chamberlain as I think they have everything.

Neymar_Messi_i_Luis_Su_rez.v1417453235.png

GOONER1991

Established Member
Cech

Bellerin
Gabriel
Koscielny
Monreal

Arteta
Ramsey
Özil

Walcott
Alexis
Giroud

Think this team has a great balance, and returns to all the good things we've had in previous seasons, prior to Wenger's butchering. Gabriel has done enough to get a chance in the team, no fault of Mertesacker but Gabriel needs his chance.

Not enjoying the Coquelin/Cazorla midfield at all. Wenger for some reason, hasn't given the Coquelin/Ramsey midfield a chance, outside the first half of the opening game. Walcott needs to play on the wing, as he gives us the movement, pace and directness Giroud lacks.

DanishDoc

That picture reminds me of how average our front three are, and the other front threes in the league for that matter. Giroud vs Messi.. ha ha ha

In relation to the game against the orcs I hope the lineup will be:

Giroud
Alexis Özil Walcott
Ramsey Coq
Monreal Gab Kos Bellerin
Cech

A must win game, no ****ing excuses.. Should really make a statement here after this dreadful start to the season..

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'd love for us to start bursting out the goals. Humiliate Stoke, then go across London and kick the racist club in the nuts.

That would be nice. We'll probably just score 1 own goal though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexis Giroud Walcott
Özil
Ramsey Coq

Replace Ramsey with Cazorla if you must but I think that front three deserves a run together a list. If Giroud got some form/confidence going I'd expect him to go a great run with those two beside him.

Cazorla/Ramsey probably come in for Theo though, which is a shame. Ox doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the 11 on recent showings.

Must win against Stoke and Chelsea if we wan't to go even on the expectations we had for the first 6 games.

Time for Sanchez to start his season.

Sanchez - Ramsey - Chamberlain
Cazorla - Özil - Coquelin
Monreal - Koscielny - Gabriel - Bellerin
The legend

Nick08

--------Giroud---------
Alexis--Özil---Theo--
---Cazorla--Arteta----
Nach-Kos-Mert-Hector
--------Cech----------

Give Ramsey and Coquelin a rest. Given it was decided to keep Arteta we ought to use him.

Playing all three strikers at once is a risk but goals at the Emirates are desperately required.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I expect to see Giroud playing like a man who knows he's still our No1 CF, he cant have been relaxed about his position during the window and I think it showed in his performances.

Bring Ox on after 60 mins and take either Walcott or Alexis off, depending who's performing best. If we are 3 or 4 up it would be good to give Campbell some mins.

---------Giroud----------
Alexis----Özil ---Walcott
----Ramsey---Coq-----
Nacho---Kos--- Gab---Bellerin
------------Cech------------

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I don't see Giroud magically finding good form this weekend after his showings recently. So not sure we can expect anything from him against Stoke. His confidence is at 0 right now.

I'd be tempted to try Alexis up top with Theo and Ramsey flanking him. Just think Giroud is going to stink up the joint on Saturday. Would much rather see Alexis/Theo at ST at this point in time.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah do you stick or twist with Giroud? My preference is to field Alexis as CF but won't be surprised in the slightest to see Olly start there.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
---------------Cech------------------
Bellerin--Gabriel--Koscielny--Monreal
----------Coquelin--Arteta----------
--Ramsey-------Özil--------Chamberlain---
----------------Sanchez--------------------

Bench: Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud, Chambers, Per, Gibbs, Ospina

I think we play at a much faster and fluid tempo when Arteta is in midfield and with Coquelin next to him I have no qualms with Mikel starting.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
---------------Cech------------------
Bellerin--Gabriel--Koscielny--Monreal
----------Coquelin--Arteta----------
--Ramsey-------Özil--------Chamberlain---
----------------Sanchez--------------------

Bench: Walcott, Cazorla, Giroud, Chambers, Per, Gibbs, Ospina

I think we play at a much faster and fluid tempo when Arteta is in midfield and with Coquelin next to him I have no qualms with Mikel starting.
Not sure I'd want Shaqiri and Bojan running at Arteta. Stoke aren't a top team but they will pose a threat on the counter no doubt. Not sure I'd drop Coquelin for Arteta here.

Don't mind seeing that front 3 although Ox has been pretty bad in the last few games so I'd go with Theo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom