• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 0 - 2 Liverpool | Sunday 7th January | KO: 16:30 GMT | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

Screenshot-20240102-082031.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Just finished watching the full match, the malding over performance is well off the mark. We played Liverpool off the park in the first half and created enough chances to win 2 or 3 matches. Was even enough in the second half but we still could have easily won it by 2 or 3 just from second half chances.

This is entirely on finishing, Once the chances start to go in we start to look like a good team again, but while you miss 5-6 good chances a game you're always open to a counter attack or an own goal deciding a game.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Just finished watching the full match, the malding over performance is well off the mark. We played Liverpool off the park in the first half and created enough chances to win 2 or 3 matches. Was even enough in the second half but we still could have easily won it by 2 or 3 just from second half chances.

This is entirely on finishing, Once the chances start to go in we start to look like a good team again, but while you miss 5-6 good chances a game you're always open to a counter attack or an own goal deciding a game.

This post feels like I stepped into a Time Machine back to 2008/2009 or 2013/2014. How many times did we play United off the park only to lose?

With us, there's always some missing piece of the puzzle.

"If we get in a great attacker/striker" - Then our midfield becomes porous
"If we fix our defence" - Then we can't score goals.
"If we fix the midfield" - See the above.

This isn't even directed at you, this is just the latest post I've seen. I'm tired of being valiant losers with nothing to show for it, because we never fix what the issue is in a timely manner and in doing so, we create two more.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This post feels like I stepped into a Time Machine back to 2008/2009 or 2013/2014. How many times did we play United off the park only to lose?

With us, there's always some missing piece of the puzzle.

"If we get in a great attacker/striker" - Then our midfield becomes porous
"If we fix our defence" - Then we can't score goals.
"If we fix the midfield" - See the above.

This isn't even directed at you, this is just the latest post I've seen. I'm tired of being valiant losers with nothing to show for it, because we never fix what the issue is in a timely manner and in doing so, we create two more.
Just sick of being the banter joke club that we have been since 2008. Why do I still put up with this ****?

fute

I was listening to Lawrence Mckenna, the Liverpool fan, who has good takes on football.

He makes a good point about our matches played. Says Arsenal play with a bit of naivety to them, because they want to force the issue with their technical and tactical superior play. Not being able to force matters in our favour, make our players more anxious and we end up not getting the result we want.

Its a good point and I think it serves a good warning message for the rest of our season, in all our games really. I think we need to continue working on our game, but also remember the importance of composure and not panicking in the crucial moments.

This team has what it takes, but it also needs to get its mind right for the psychological fire that will still come this season.

Liverpool went through the same thing when they played Man U in Anfield this year. Everybody was expecting a slaughter, and Pool kept forcing shots and kept getting frustrated. Man U didn't budge and it led to a draw.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Good analysis on the game played.

Says Klopp's personnel changes in the second half confused our marking system a great deal, which allowed Liverpool to get their longer balls out to their forward line. This evened up the game a great deal.

The Martinelli substitution threatened Klopp once again, and he responded with the youngster sub on their right side.

Good tactical battle, but the boxes were the story of the day.

February should be another interesting tactical tie.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A-M turning on me instead of Mikel @A_G

Absolutely revolting is what it is!!

We need to get our affairs in order by ridding ourselves of Tets. The moment he's gone though, you're up, lad.

I've had it with your poxy matchday threads which are wreaking havoc on my blood pressure :lol:

Last edited:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
This is entirely on finishing
For this match, maybe. For some other matches, we didn't create any meaningful chances or test the goalie at all.

And let's not talk as if finishing is something easy to solve or that it isn't part of the game. It's an important skill to have and we don't have it at all in the team. Also, the chances we created against Liverpool ain't extreme high quality chances like a sitter. The easiest chance was probably Nelson's.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

For this match, maybe. For some other matches, we didn't create any meaningful chances or test the goalie at all.

And let's not talk as if finishing is something easy to solve or that it isn't part of the game. It's an important skill to have and we don't have it at all in the team. Also, the chances we created against Liverpool ain't extreme high quality chances like a sitter. The easiest chance was probably Nelson's.

We created '4 big chances' vs Liverpool while they created none and won the game off an OG.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The Ødegaard shot that hit the bar would've been a sitter to any pro player.

Nah come on man :lol:

There were like 4 Liverpool defenders to get through, he had to hit that high - it was exceptionally well struck and just unfortunate it wasn't an inch or two lower.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
What were the 4 big chances? only remember the crossbar and that set piece routine which yeah was brilliant but the cross just wasn't good enough to send home

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We didn’t really create any clear cut openings. Maybe other than the Reiss Nelson chance where he should have taken it first time. There were loads of half chances which we dithered and dallied over.

A clinical ruthless finisher like Son or Salah converts one of those half chances into a goal. That is the difference.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We didn’t really create any clear cut openings. Maybe other than the Reiss Nelson chance where he should have taken it first time. There were loads of half chances which we dithered and dallied over.

A clinical ruthless finisher like Son or Salah converts one of those half chances into a goal. That is the difference.

I'm sorry man but this is garbage :lol:

I urge you to watch the first half again, we created enough openings to score half a dozen goals.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

I urge you to watch the first half again, we created enough openings to score half a dozen goals.
They were chances which became half chances because of our inability to hit a decisive shot.

Liverpool defenders were scrambling but were in a position to block whereas we constantly just ****ed up getting a clean strike on the ball.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Yeah we did, but none of them turned out to be chances with extremely high xG because we didn't even shoot it first time when the angle was good, we delayed till they could get a block in or dribbled till the angle was acute and easy for Allisson to save.

Nelson and Ødegaard chances were the clearest and yet it wasn't sitters where it was criminal they didn't score.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah we did, but none of them turned out to be chances with extremely high xG because we didn't even shoot it first time when the angle was good, we delayed till they could get a block in or dribbled till the angle was acute and easy for Allisson to save.

Nelson and Ødegaard chances were the clearest and yet it wasn't sitters where it was criminal they didn't score.

Teams can easily score 5 goals off of just 2xG - it happens often enough. Our xG doesn't count the botched chances we had for example Ødegaard not weighting the pass well enough for Kai for ex

I'm telling you , watch the first half again and you will be amazed we didn't score at least twice.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

It’s difficult to take perspective when you’re in a bad place.

But you’re right about this game, really good performance in both halves.

Apart from the Fulham game where we looked out of it, and just vulnerable in transition all the time, we have looked good in the games from PSV to Liverpool home. We are even getting into better situations and creating better chances than we’ve done for most of this season so far, I.E. we are performing at our best despite the losses.

I’ve been unhappy we’ve fallen out of contention for the PL, but I’m also happy about our improvements across the field. I think if we continue this way, stay fit, address the mistakes (set pieces and open play mistakes) and learn to finish, we will see a resurgence from our boys.

Whether that is enough for the PL though, I’m not so sure anymore. We’d need a 15 game run for that at least, and I don’t think that’s possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom