• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It's a shame we've decided to ignore our academy, 40+M invested in Lokonga and Vieira would've been massive for the academy and we could've picked up better talent from smaller clubs.

I don't even think buying Vieira and Lokonga was a bad approach, just that Arteta is no Wenger and doesn't have that talent for finding players (getting rid of scouts doesn't help either).

Arteta needs $$$ to buy players who are ready to play so as long as he is in charge we should stop buying players who might be good one day
I think its as much that Lokonga and Vieira would have been fine to integrate and get experience if we were competing for 4th, but the team has gone to competing at the level where everytime we drop points its a disaster. Both have strong elements, but needed to be playing regularly to develop, but injuries and our level increasing have knocked that on the head. These kind of buys often don't work out, and its not a disaster.

Vieira is a shame because what he's good at, he's very good at, but his weaknesses are too pronounced to carry at this level bar being a sub.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It was a gamble, Arteta seeing how Bernardo Silva performed thought that Vieira could be a similar player. It did not play out and I hope that he leaves in the summer for its goodwill. There is no future for him at Arsenal.

Jorge Mendes asked Arteta and Edu for a favor and as a result of that we signed this loser who wasnt good enough for Porto. Teta never saw this guy play before he was signed and neither did Edu. It was an agent signing, nothing else. Edu and Teta should be criticised for this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Jorge Mendes asked Arteta and Edu for a favor and as a result of that we signed this loser who wasnt good enough for Porto. Teta never saw this guy play before he was signed and neither did Edu. It was an agent signing, nothing else. Edu and Teta should be criticised for this.

I’d say it was a stat based signing rather than an agent led signing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Least him and Zinchenko didn't come on, moral victory for us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Does Arteta afraid to use him LCM? I know he lightweight and last season wherever he used there was not great. But I'd like he give him another chance

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Does Arteta afraid to use him LCM? I know he lightweight and last season wherever he used there was not great. But I'd like he give him another chance

I do not care about a player being a lightweight just look at Bernardo Silva who is a world class player. I know Vieira isnt on that level but at least we can try to play him.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Bigger waste of money than f*cking Pepe.
He was more than half the transfer cost of Pepe but has produced far less than half the output and has played far fewer games where he has had a major impact on the game.

But when you are a record signing like Pepe, these proportions seem to count for little.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I do not care about a player being a lightweight just look at Bernardo Silva who is a world class player. I know Vieira isnt on that level but at least we can try to play him.
For me it doesn't but It matters with our system you can't have player in midfield that lose tackles or headers because our high line gonna be killed in counter.

It requires system changes but Arteta too stubborn to change

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Viera is a strange signing for Arteta, sounds like Arteta believes he has a wonderful final pass, but he wants his players to be far more rounded in general. To recruit him on one super attribute for over 40 million, seems very un Arteta like.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Viera is a strange signing for Arteta, sounds like Arteta believes he has a wonderful final pass, but he wants his players to be far more rounded in general. To recruit him on one super attribute for over 40 million, seems very un Arteta like.
I believe he'd have get more chances this season if he didn't miss majority of it. Him and Partey are biggest disappoint this season it left us with Rice Havertz and Jorginho

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom