• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA Officials Arrested On Corruption Charges

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Its clear what needs to happen.

Blatter absolutely needs to step-down/be forcefully removed. The bid for at least 2022 in Qatar needs to be rescinded and a completely new bidding process needs to be set-up.

There needs to be an outside board of oversight perhaps made up of representatives of sponsors (like VISA who released a statement against FIFA) and players associations (former players) and install some form of independent investigations.

Without Blatter and his crony cohort disappearing from the organization, without Qatar bid being retracted and without some form of independent oversight of FIFA then the organization is doomed because its incentive structure is set up incorrectly. There are too many incentives for corruption that need to be removed.

Well while reading that, I got this idea: Wenger would make for a spectacular FIFA president.

Would clean the game proper.

He'd get technology implemented quickly, would clear financial doping and probably make countries invest in youth football much more than now. And many more cool things.

Last edited:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This whole ordeal can't be true at all, why FIFA just recently released a report saying that FIFA isn't corrupt! My goodness!

I think the money aspect was finally hitting the US, and that's why action is being taken.

FIFA as an organization must continue to exist. I don't want it to go so badly that in a few years we're watching something bizarre like the "WLOSPC Tournament of Countries" instead of the world cup.

keep the name, fire everyone working there. Start over.

You would have to fire literally everyone working there and burn down all of their legal framework. FIFA's corruption is endemic and its body is pervaded with metastases throughout, if you thought Blatter is bad you should have seen Havelange before him.

ScotVieira

Established Member
You would have to fire literally everyone working there and burn down all of their legal framework. FIFA's corruption is endemic and its body is pervaded with metastases throughout, if you thought Blatter is bad you should have seen Havelange before him.
I remember the Joao Havelange era. However, he favoured the developed countries so there was no pressure at all. It is just like proper politics - whatever favours developed countries is seen to be right and whatever does not favour them is deemed wrong and only suitable for hell.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
l1SOZ9a.gif

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Man, I clicked Like on soooo many of posts in this thread.
FIFA is as clean as a whore wearing a miniskirt.

There's too much money in football and even though these arrests may have frightened the country FA heads, I am 100% sure that fat **** Blatter will get reelected with vast majority of votes, because most of them are as corrupt and shady as him.

Check this too

Btw, this from Onion, was hilarious :D

CGCwcDkW0AEC-Ky.jpg

Sorry if someone already said this but Jack Warner actually cited this Onion article in a youtube video he uploaded in defence of his corruption charges thinking it was a legit story :D

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I felt like diving head first into the telly when he gave it the 'lets go FIFA, lets go FIFA' bollocks. Disgusting little sh!t of a man.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
As you say, @jones, you don't even have to talk about ethics if we're discussing Qatars merits. But Russia? **** me. The simple fact that Putin is in power there makes it a farce. That **** is ordering passenger planes be shot out the sky.
1st, Russia is a great place to hold the World Cup. They just finished hosting one of the most successful Winter Olympics in recent history, why would the World Cup be any different?

As for the bolded statement: Wow....proof?!

Or is it normal now that anything the USA's state department speculates is understood to be undeniable facts?

The report from the official investigation led by the Dutch will come out in a month, want to bet that they won't be able to prove the Russian side did it? Had it been the Russian side, it would've been really easy to prove since the rocket fragments are in the bodies of the victims and it is a straightforward process to determine the identity of the rocket or where it was made using those fragments.

You should stop taking propaganda at its face value and try gathering information from different sources and reading in between the lines. In fact, there is no such thing as impartial mass media, you have to figure out the truth for yourself. A lot of the time media will present only one side of the story, so it is up to the readers to piece all the sides of the story together to find out what actually happened.

As for Crimea, there have been several polls conducted by Western media and they all confirmed the results of the referendum. The super majority of the people there clearly would rather be part of Russia than Ukraine so why not let them? Why is it they can't decide their affiliation but Kosovo can?

As for the FIFA scandal, Blatter is as corrupt as they come but this "investigation" is a joke. Another question is, who in his position would not be corrupt? What would be the best way to fight the corruption in football? Tough question, but this political game USA is playing is not the answer.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Talk about contradictions... Don't believe... do believe.. I believe because *then tells me something he's been fed*. Come off it mate. As for the winter olympics: they didnt even finish the athletes' accommodation in time ffs. And how would that ever be compared to holding a WC in a million years? That has to be a joke.

Look, I wont slate Russia out of respect for you, an arsenal fan, on a public forum, but you're clearly very very biased and quite patriotic.

Last edited by a moderator:

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Talk about contradictions... Don't believe... do believe.. I believe because *then tells me something he's been fed*. Come off it mate. As for the winter olympics: they didnt even finish the athletes' accommodation in time ffs. And how would that ever be compared to holding a WC in a million years? That has to be a joke.

Look, I wont slate Russia out of respect for you, an arsenal fan, on a public forum, but you're clearly very very biased and quite patriotic.
Well you obviously completely missed my point and since it is not a political forum I won't continue the argument, I said my piece and those with an open mind should see where I was going and that's enough.

As for the Olympics, you are clearly spouting BS. No tournament of that size is going to go perfectly but the one Russia hosted had no major problems and when compared to the previous ones, it was one of the most successful. Another impressive aspect of it is that all that infrastructure was built practically from scratch.

And for the record, I am a citizen of the US and have been living here for over 17 years since I was 11, I may be biased but at least I get to see both sides of the coin whereas you are ignorant of a half of it.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom