• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I still want the qualities he brings to the team but maybe in the form of a player who can stay fit. I Hooe he can get fit again abd fire us to a bug trophy
I feel like a lot of people here really underestimate his qualities, but I understand people get frustrated when a striker doesn't score. To me, he brings so much to the squad that I can forgive him for those chances as long as we score enough goals as a team. He can create something out of nothing (not many strikers can), his physicality is underestimated and he has so much technique. As a team we score quite a lot of goals. It could be better, but it's not bad.

Besides, the striker market is dusted. There are not a lot of players we could get that improve the team overall (probably several options that would score more goals on their own, but would contribute less in other areas).

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I feel like a lot of people here really underestimate his qualities, but I understand people get frustrated when a striker doesn't score. To me, he brings so much to the squad that I can forgive him for those chances as long as we score enough goals as a team. He can create something out of nothing (not many strikers can), his physicality is underestimated and he has so much technique. As a team we score quite a lot of goals. It could be better, but it's not bad.

Besides, the striker market is dusted. There are not a lot of players we could get that improve the team overall (probably several options that would score more goals on their own, but would contribute less in other areas).
I like the player but such is the tight system that we play, there's no room to play as we want/need to whilst he's injured. This impacts the team quite a bit although yesterday was quite encouraging. I'm torn between keeping him to play as a 10 behind a killer or cashing in before we tank his value. It all depends on money and interest.

Preacher

Always Crying
“He’s fit enough,” Arteta confirmed ahead of the trip to Bramall Lane to take on Sheffield United on Monday. “How long he will last that’s very different.

“We didn’t want to take any risks. We need him fit and now we want to make sure we load him in the right way.”

Looks like Jesus knee is compromised.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He just isn’t fit an available enough and isn’t clinical enough. I think he is an elite international talent but not really a striker and always hurt.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Needs to earn his way back into the team, we've played our best football in years without him and that cameo was everything wrong with Jesus in a nutshell.

This is true, he has to earn his way back (though if Gabby is out, then he's a must at left wing ((Trossard wide with Havertz up top is a big no no, like the days of Giroud up top and Santi outwide...way too slow))) but let's not act like we didn't play equally amazing football last year with him when he was fully fit.

He will be crucial still for us, have no doubts.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom