• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Getting worried about how his wages affect any transfer fee we might get if we consider reinvesting.

Can’t even play the ‘come on in an open game’ role that you tend to give to limited speedsters. What’s the diff between him and Brennan Johnson at this point.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Hmm he did a decent job with helping to defend but really producing nothing in attack. His speed helped us give some time to breathe though

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He was fresh and still outpaced by VDV which I found pretty deflating despite VDV being one of the fastest players. After that it felt like he didn't even want to try to compete 1v1 with him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Just nothing good you can really say. Can't even praise his defending because he nearly gave them a chance in the box being stupid. This kind of regression is just weird. It's one thing for the ball not to go into the net but his decision making is worse now than it was when he was a teenager. He really needs to regroup, get in the lab and come back an improved player or he won't be long for this club. Arteta tried to replace him when he was doing well. He won't hesitate to do it now.

Buhry

Established Member

He was fresh and still outpaced by VDV which I found pretty deflating despite VDV being one of the fastest players. After that it felt like he didn't even want to try to compete 1v1 with him.

VDV is the guy with the fastest recorded speed out of anyone in the league.

But we need to upgrade the LW in the summer. Trossard has played pretty well but martinelli has had a terrible season.

Black Noir

Getting worried about how his wages affect any transfer fee we might get if we consider reinvesting.

Can’t even play the ‘come on in an open game’ role that you tend to give to limited speedsters. What’s the diff between him and Brennan Johnson at this point.
Playing More current Timo Werner, than Johnson imo.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just nothing good you can really say. Can't even praise his defending because he nearly gave them a chance in the box being stupid. This kind of regression is just weird. It's one thing for the ball not to go into the net but his decision making is worse now than it was when he was a teenager. He really needs to regroup, get in the lab and come back an improved player or he won't be long for this club. Arteta tried to replace him when he was doing well. He won't hesitate to do it now.

Could be a mix of a small injury he might be carrying.

White was having similar form issues at the start of the season and up until Dubai and only really began to change when Mikel started inverting him.

The major issue I see are his wages. We tried to get ahead of the game, but so far it hasn't panned out well for a myriad of reasons.

Like @Trilly said, it could reduce the amount we could get for him by quite a lot.

El Duderino

And again, you could also point to a system change, but today was a prime chance to get things going, since he was brought on to take advantage of his pace on the counter.

Season can't end soon enough for him.

Batman

Could be a mix of a small injury he might be carrying.

White was having similar form issues at the start of the season and up until Dubai and only really began to change when Mikel started inverting him.

The major issue I see are his wages. We tried to get ahead of the game, but so far it hasn't panned out well for a myriad of reasons.

Like @Trilly said, it could reduce the amount we could get for him by quite a lot.
Yeah but he's been awful all season. I'm not sure he's put together 2 consecutive good performances in a row. I'm not saying we need to move on from him but he definitely needs to look in the mirror and demand more of himself because it's the mental side of his game letting him down even more than the physical side.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still think we need to persist (at least for another season) get him a proper midfielder for his side and that frontline of him, Havertz and Saka is scary good.

We need his pace, tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There no hopes if he keep playing like this he managed to be worse than Trossard who was very bad today

El Duderino

Yeah but he's been awful all season. I'm not sure he's put together 2 consecutive good performances in a row. I'm not saying we need to move on from him but he definitely needs to look in the mirror and demand more of himself because it's the mental side of his game letting him down even more than the physical side.

Misses Xhaka and Jesus something fierce.

Like Havertz, the less he is involved with the build up, the better. He needs to be on that Henry edge of the box zone.

Jesus at left 8 with Rice at 6 could be good for him if we're willing to pull a Joelinton.

Gooner_girl14

Hope he finds his form again soon, has gone off the rails. Can't believe some people have given up and thinking to sell him though. The guy cost peanuts and is only 22. Even if we get a big offer for him, whoever we get to replace him won't be cheap and IMO CM and CF positions are more important to address.

El Duderino

Still think we need to persist (at least for another season) get him a proper midfielder for his side and that frontline of him, Havertz and Saka is scary good.

We need his pace, tbh.

This is where I'm at. Unlike Gabriel, his issues are not really down to having needed three knee fixes every other season.

Batman

Misses Xhaka and Jesus something fierce.

Like Havertz, the less he is involved with the build up, the better. He needs to be on that Henry edge of the box zone.

Jesus at left 8 with Rice at 6 could be good for him if we're willing to pull a Joelinton.
I still don't know that he's a winger. He might be more of a 9. I don't mind experimenting with something like that as an alternative but we probably just need to upgrade at the left 8 and LW to get where we're trying to go. The rest of the team bar the LB is ready to win the biggest trophies.

El Duderino

I still don't know that he's a winger. He might be more of a 9. I don't mind experimenting with something like that as an alternative but we probably just need to upgrade at the left 8 and LW to get where we're trying to go. The rest of the team bar the LB is ready to win the biggest trophies.

He's not a striker, imo. At most he could play a Vardy role, but that's not Arsenal. Would end up having the same issues Eddie does.

This version or Arsenal won't even carry an out an out goal scorer.

It more of a "every one chips in with goals" team.

....which leads us back to the problem we're having at left wing.

Batman

He's not a striker, imo. At most he could play a Vardy role, but that's not Arsenal. Would end up having the same issues Eddie does.

This version or Arsenal won't even carry an out an out goal scorer.

It more of a "every one chips in with goals" team.

....which leads us back to the problem we're having at left wing.
Yeah idk. It's on him to figure out a way to contribute or he won't have a future here.

Dynamic

This lad had 17 PL goals at 21 years of age. The ability is there, he should concentrate this summer on preparing physically and mentally.
next season is a clean slate

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom