• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,759

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ben Sheaf signed a new deal today. Has looked good as a CB, which is intriguing for his development. In fact, I think if they really want a midfielder to convert to back up right back, I think Sheaf is more suited to the role than Maitland-Niles is - has more experience playing there and is arguably better defensively. Sheaf could easily play a midfield role but it's clear they like him at CB for his height, ability to pass from deep and his interceptions. With Holding and Bielik, we now have 3 young CBs with height and technical ability.

[Reedy]

16114622_10154625167702713_3421390577390926776_n.jpg
Our reserves need a new hairdresser.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
And right on cue......

This needs to happen. Mavididi has quickly grown into a very promising young player for us. I initially wasn't sold on him if I'm honest - I thought he had good strength and movement but limited in overall play. Boy was I wrong about the latter. He's not just strong but quick and powerful in the air. He has a very underrated technical game, notably his dribbling and passing, and he has become a scorer of relatively important goals in recent months - the winner v Chelsea, the equalizer v PSG, 2 goals to get us back into the game v Liverpool, v Derby etc.....he's probably one of our more underrated prospects and if he goes on loan, I'm hopeful it will lead to a productive spell.

Not sure players going out now will have productive spells. Most teams are settled. We will find some weak teams who have a lot different playing style than ours.

Unless really lucky it will just break his confidence and we will look past him and focus on players who already here and never had a bad loan spells because we never loaned them out.

I think loaning players should be taken more seriously. It should be done in the summer where we can find suitable clubs for our youngsters and clear plan of what we are expecting of players. Not just throw them to second division teams just to give them play time in **** league.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure players going out now will have productive spells. Most teams are settled. We will find some weak teams who have a lot different playing style than ours.

Unless really lucky it will just break his confidence and we will look past him and focus on players who already here and never had a bad loan spells because we never loaned them out.

I think loaning players should be taken more seriously. It should be done in the summer where we can find suitable clubs for our youngsters and clear plan of what we are expecting of players. Not just throw them to second division teams just to give them play time in **** league.
Agreed - I'm not a fan of the way we have used the loan system. The best loan I can think of recently is Jon Toral at Birmingham and that was hardly built upon well at all. The Granada loan was a shambles in the end. We need a designated team, a feeder team IMO with a somewhat similar philosophy, or at the very least to do more research into the teams we're loaning players to.

Aevi

Hale End FC
And right on cue......

This needs to happen. Mavididi has quickly grown into a very promising young player for us. I initially wasn't sold on him if I'm honest - I thought he had good strength and movement but limited in overall play. Boy was I wrong about the latter. He's not just strong but quick and powerful in the air. He has a very underrated technical game, notably his dribbling and passing, and he has become a scorer of relatively important goals in recent months - the winner v Chelsea, the equalizer v PSG, 2 goals to get us back into the game v Liverpool, v Derby etc.....he's probably one of our more underrated prospects and if he goes on loan, I'm hopeful it will lead to a productive spell.
It's in the attitude as well; I haven't actually heard anything about his behavior off the pitch but it feels to me from what I've seen that he's quite down to Earth and ready to work hard. Him, AMN, and Nwakali are favorites of mine atm, I like their styles.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's in the attitude as well; I haven't actually heard anything about his behavior off the pitch but it feels to me from what I've seen that he's quite down to Earth and ready to work hard. Him, AMN, and Nwakali are favorites of mine atm, I like their styles.
Can see why - athletic all-rounders with a solid technical base. All good on the dribble and short passing also.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's mine :p

I was thinking of making one, but I'm unsure on whether he's in the actual first team yet which is a bit of a criteria.
I think Iwobi made a few cameos before whoever made his.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think Iwobi made a few cameos before whoever made his.
I may be wrong, but I think his thread actually started with someone announcing like "Iwobi has just been promoted" or something. Doesn't matter anyways, it's something superficial. I'll go ahead and make one.

If you're concerned about how many threads I have, you can go ahead and claim one of mine and Ill switch it up. I just love AMN man :drool::lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I may be wrong, but I think his thread actually started with someone announcing like "Iwobi has just been promoted" or something. Doesn't matter anyways, it's something superficial. I'll go ahead and make one.

If you're concerned about how many threads I have, you can go ahead and claim one of mine and Ill switch it up. I just love AMN man :drool::lol:
It's fine, do your thing. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom