• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Has the Project been a success? Or is our manager a proven bottler?

Is Arteta a proven bottler or can he win league soon?

• Yes he is choker of epic proportions

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • No, he is going to win League or CL

Votes: 41 77.4%

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Rammers reading AM again it seems...

...him and the Doc really dislike this thread @farzad4daarse
So? We live in a world where fat women demand to be called beautiful, of course bottlers don’t like to reminded of their tank job; just like your local moo moo wearing fat lady wants you to pretend like she is as hot as Charlize Theron.

Farzad Stoned

Just look at the squad cost. As for Stan being able to buy and sell owners, that doesn’t count for anything until he matches their investment.

Anyway I’m done with this believe whatever you want the numbers don’t lie and they sure as hell don’t agree with the story you’re trying to tell.
Yes they do, 3rd most transfers in England more than City last 5 years provided the screenshot

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

So? We live in a world where fat women demand to be called beautiful, of course bottlers don’t like to reminded of their tank job; just like your local moo moo wearing fat lady wants you to pretend like she is as hot as Charlize Theron.
Bruh, you're my parents' age wearing full Adidas track suits out to dinner

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agreed. The full beamed headlights need to be focused on Edu, I’ve said it before but if this ship sinks then Edu is first man to get thrown to the sharks imo.

You look at our recent business in previous window and it doesn’t look as great as everyone is suggesting it is in terms beating other top teams to the players we want.

- Willian was a disaster but an easy deal to do as his contract was up
- Thomas Partey was a release clause
- Ødegaard had a taste of how things were at the club and Real Madrid didn’t have a place for him at the club
- We overpaid for decent players in Ramsdale and Ben White
- Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus were straightforward deals as City wanted them out of the door + Teta had already worked with them.
- Trossard had a bust up with De Zerbi and there was no way he was staying at Brighton. Sp**s were linked but not sure if any “big clubs” were interested?
- Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Fabio Vieira, Lokonga and co were fairly unknown players with not really any competition.

The heat is on Edu this summer. Let’s if he fumbles the bag once again.
Fair points and I agree that Edu and the money men need to be looked at. What I'm unsure of is whether it is right to blame Edu for doing an easy deal for a player that Arteta wanted eg Willian. What is concerning is the fact that we couldn't get a few of our first choice targets

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I agree that we dropped points we shouldn't have in the past month or so. It's frustrating and it's doubly so when you've got a juggernaut like Man City hoovering up every possible point.

At the same point you can't place all the blame on Arteta for poor performances and dropped points in 3-4 bad games but not give him credit for the very good job he's done in the vast majority of games this season. If he's solely to blame for those results he's solely responsible for actually getting us in a title race.

I don't agree with the logic of everything being on Arteta but if you're using it for the poor results / performances you also have to apply it to the good results / performances this season and they far outweigh the bad.

It's a cliche and I'm sure naysayers will role their eyes at it, but it's a process and we're obviously not near the end of it. If in 2, 3 or 4 years time we aren't winning major things on a fairly regular basis then I'll call Arteta a flop or failure or whatever.

We're probably a season ahead of schedule. We were in a genuine title race and got done partly by our own inexperience and partly by Man City. There are way more reasons to be positive than negative. Young squad, young manager, both learning. Actual investment in our squad and maybe most importantly for some Arsenal fans, good football to watch.

Last edited:

Sparrahork

On two (Martinez and
Fair points and I agree that Edu and the money men need to be looked at. What I'm unsure of is whether it is right to blame Edu for doing an easy deal for a player that Arteta wanted eg Willian. What is concerning is the fact that we couldn't get a few of our first choice targets
[/QUOT

For Martinez and mudryk we bid, we upped our bid, but a rival was willing to go higher and paid top whack. Personally I think it is a strong point that we will identify targets but pull out when no longer representing value. To quickly pivot and sign better players at lesser fees shows promise and development edu didn't have before.

With regard to caicedo we again identified well but Brighton simply were not going to sell in January, our willingness to back off will hopefully cause no I'll feeling from a team that will continually unearth talent.

We have champions league now, we will identify and get players, prior to this we had to be savvy and we can upscale our targets. Players will force transfers through to join us and selling clubs will be aware we will not be an easy touch.

We have had excellent windows bringing players in of late, the outwards are yet to be of the same standard, but the deadwood has all but gone so no excuses going forward.

Farzad Stoned

Everytime I see Lee gunner I cringe so hard.

Yes Lee let's take the ridiculous opinion of one Arsenal fan and present it as proof that the whole fanbase is deluded and has no standards.
The whole fanbase is deluded they think a bottler is second the Ferguson in skinny jeans

NZgunner

bottling is far too harsh, but we definitely showed mental fragility again in that critical three game run of W Ham, Southampton and City - the lack of belief as they went onto the field at City was palpable

but it's fine margins - Saka scores the penalty, Nelson's shot doesn't take that tiny deflection to put it wide, and we go into the City game with a completely different mindset

it's Arteta's job to cultivate self belief, and it is disturbing that it is two seasons in a row where he has let it slip - but like I said above, fine margins

I'm also concerned that he seems too stubborn and "sticks to the process" just a little too long - Holding vs Kiwior is one example of that, persisting with Zinchenko is another - but this is 20/20 hindsight

I don't know what standard has been set for next season, are we realistically expecting another strong title challenge (and this one was definitely strong) with the added distraction of Champions League, plus an EPL that is wiser to us? So much will depend on what happens with the squad - we can't just hope to do the same and get a different result - we have to build on this season, add strength and depth, and mix up our gameplan

Farzad Stoned

bottling is far too harsh, but we definitely showed mental fragility again in that critical three game run of W Ham, Southampton and City - the lack of belief as they went onto the field at City was palpable

but it's fine margins - Saka scores the penalty, Nelson's shot doesn't take that tiny deflection to put it wide, and we go into the City game with a completely different mindset

it's Arteta's job to cultivate self belief, and it is disturbing that it is two seasons in a row where he has let it slip - but like I said above, fine margins

I'm also concerned that he seems too stubborn and "sticks to the process" just a little too long - Holding vs Kiwior is one example of that, persisting with Zinchenko is another - but this is 20/20 hindsight

I don't know what standard has been set for next season, are we realistically expecting another strong title challenge (and this one was definitely strong) with the added distraction of Champions League, plus an EPL that is wiser to us? So much will depend on what happens with the squad - we can't just hope to do the same and get a different result - we have to build on this season, add strength and depth, and mix up our gameplan
The players didn’t bottle it Arteta did. Literally this collapse is solely on him, the players didn’t pick Holding to destroy two seasons in a row. Edu bought him a starting Serie A defender in January and he didn’t play him. If Holding returns to the club it is a slap in the face to the fans. He makes Mustafi look like peak Nesta

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The process is cooking, if you don’t see Arteta is something very very special than you’re either blind, ignorant or a hater. No other options. Let us continue to cook

Farzad Stoned

Your acting like its 2012. 400m over 4 years is less than the average spend of the biggest spenders in the league. ETH spend over 200m in this first season alone.
Number 3 in transfers after United and Chelsea in last 5 years. And neither ETh nor Boehly have the benefit of a competent player personnel guy.

Farzad Stoned

The process is cooking, if you don’t see Arteta is something very very special than you’re either blind, ignorant or a hater. No other options. Let us continue to cook
I read your post so i can’t be blind. I rated Holding more accurately than your manager so i can not be ignorant. The second the dumb w.nker wins league or CL i will love him up more than the rest of you so i am not a hater either. But nice try; i hate incompetence and repeated mistakes

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I read your post so i can’t be blind. I rated Holding more accurately than your manager so i can be ignorant. The second the dumb w.nker wins league or CL i will love him up more than the rest of you so i am not a hater either. But nice try; i hate incompetence and repeated mistakes

Warra incompetency to bag a fa cup and come second to the best league team ever , all within years from taking on your first managerial job. Such incompetence

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Number 3 in transfers after United and Chelsea in last 5 years. And neither ETh nor Boehly have the benefit of a competent player personnel guy.

I find these hard to believe. Grealish, Rodri, and Haaland, Ajanki alone cost Man City 250m. No way our gross spend is higher than Man City over a 5 year period.

Farzad Stoned

Warra incompetency to bag a fa cup and come second to the best league team ever , all within years from taking on your first managerial job. Such incompetence
Yes, Arsenal were the Kings of Fa cup, and if they get runner ups medals they should hold a bonfire and burn them. To destroy two years in a row eoth same pub league defender while a starting Serie A defender bought for you in January sits on bench is about as stupid as you can get. Or failing to move White inside

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom