• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I know people complain about youtube compilations, but seriously just watch a few of Jack and you just see how scarily talented he is, he's absolutely amazing. He has such a range of passing, plays clever one-twos, goes past people for fun, has a great turn and is just an all-round clever player. You just want to see a full season of Jack, Özil, Xhaka and Alexis all on the team and you can see them creating absolute magic. I'm talking about pure Wengerball at its finest like when Hleb, Fabregas and Rosicky on the same pitch only this time you could say the current lot are a level above too with winners like Alexis and Özil.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I really want him to play on Mon, this is the stage you want to see top players on, and Jack is up there with the best. He will give England the drive they need through the middle. If he plays, I'm confident he will light up the game.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Seems he needs to get up to speed and stay injury free. Hopefully, he'll be fit and ready for August...;)

logic DC

simply unmatch fit no reason to overreact about his performance yesterday, England fans just clueless as always tbh

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
simply unmatch fit no reason to overreact about his performance yesterday, England fans just clueless as always tbh

TBF if you take the rose tinted glasses off he was totally awful yesterday. Yes the entire team was bad but Jack was on another level. Hardly got on the ball, didnt provide anything going forward bar a very nice ball over the top early on and gave it way in dangerous areas a couple times. Based on that performance I cant see him getting another look in as any remaining games England are too important to have such an unfit and off form player on the pitch.

Lots of non Arsenal fans were upset he got a call up and he pretty much proved them right last night.

Hodgson knows he can be a big player for England at future major tournaments so maybe/hopefully he just he took him for experience, but I dont expect to see Jack again until preseason for Arseanl or when we're 6-0 up in the final and we want to keep all the "Ole!" chants going *crosses fingers*.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lots of non Arsenal fans were upset he got a call up and he pretty much proved them right last night.

57 minutes of football has never 'proven' anything, or anyone right, mate--nevermind **** sucking, wooden topped Wilshere hating fans of other teams.

**** them.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
57 minutes of football has never 'proven' anything, or anyone right, mate--nevermind **** sucking, wooden topped Wilshere hating fans of other teams.

**** them.

I know and believe me it hurt watching Wilshere yesterday as I had a hope he would shut the critics up, show his quality, and get into the team but he surely wont get another look in now. He just looks sooo off the pace from not playing all year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I know and believe me it hurt watching Wilshere yesterday as I had a hope he would shut the critics up, show his quality, and get into the team but he surely wont get another look in now. He just looks sooo off the pace from not playing all year.
Looked like he lacked a bit of confidence to me. He's been much better than that in his cameos at the end of the season for us, so to say his touch is missing etc doesn't really answer any questions about his performance.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's still England's best midfielder. Fickle, no-nothing fans who reckon Alli is a better player annoy me more than you'd ever know.

It's just comforting knowing the same people slating Wilshere are the same guys who will be heading back under their rocks when he starts to boss midfields again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Jack is not one to complain but I think something was wrong yesterday and not just match fitness. As @Jury said, he had better cameos for us at the end of the season. A couple of times he was bent over hands on knees getting his breath back, that's not normal when you are not even running that much. Anyway, yes it was a poor performance but not due to lack of ability or even lack of match fitness.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Jack is not one to complain but I think something was wrong yesterday and not just match fitness. As @Jury said, he had better cameos for us at the end of the season. A couple of times he was bent over hands on knees getting his breath back, that's not normal when you are not even running that much. Anyway, yes it was a poor performance but not due to lack of ability or even lack of match fitness.
Maybe the ciggies finally caught up with him. :lol:

blaze_of_glory

He didn't have a good game. But still did better than any other midfielder in there. Other than maybe Dier I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom