• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ki Sung-Yueng

raag

ARSENAL MAKE KI APPROACH

Arsenal have made an approach to sign Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-yueng, according to Sky sources.

The 26-year-old has become a key part of Garry Monk’s side and Arsène Wenger is believed to be interested in bolstering his midfield options with the South Korea international

A reliable source talking about this. Took me by surprise a bit. Always seemed to put a good shift in whenever I've seen him. Not sure he'd take us up another level though. Shouldn't we be aiming higher? Or maybe he's just a shirt selling tactic for the Asian market?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I mentioned Ki in another thread regarding him being a very underrated player. Ki is intelligent, has very good passing distribution and overall is technically astute.

Granted Ki is no Vidal but I would be happy if we signed him.

dbig

Think he'd be an Arteta level signing. Good, but not great.

Not sure if that's good enough if we'd like to challenge for the title again.

Edit: Then again, how many times did United win the title with Park Ji-Sung (who always seemed to score against us)? :D

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think with this signing, you get linked with players like Vidal, Scheniderlin, Gundogan and all and then you get linked with Ki... yeah hes underrated but I doubt he'd make our team.

nicky47

Established Member
Very highly rated by the Swansea fans I know. Would cost a decent amount I reckon, Monk won't let him go too cheaply... Completely out of the blue this one though, maybe Wenger is just looking for back up in Midfield rather than a 1st teamer?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not sure here, mainly because I haven't watched him enough.

Will he replace Coq? Or be a squad player who can cover various players?

Won't be cheap, 15M at least.

raag

Think he'd be an Arteta level signing. Good, but not great.

Not sure if that's good enough if we'd like to challenge for the title again.

Edit: Then again, how many times did United win the title with Park Ji-Sung (who always seemed to score against us)? :D
Tbf, if he lived up to the levels Arteta has, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Wouldn't Vidal;), coquelin, Arteta, flamster and ki be a couple of players too many? Ramsey can play there too.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's a good player but he's not taking us up a level, thought we were past signings like this, Ki is the type of player you sign if you're Sp**s or Liverpool.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like him, he is a good player. It didn't seem out of place when he was linked with Dortmund. Wenger already said he only wants to add players that will elevate us now. We are not having any departures (not including loanees) so our squad really doesn't need him.

This rumour seems very made up

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pretty much what everyone else said. Underrated player but still not good enough to start here. This should be a summer for starting eleven players only.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Look at how many midfielders we have:

Coquelin, Flamini, Arteta, Diaby, Ramsey,
Cazorla, Wilshere, Ox, Özil, Rosicky

There's talk of Rosicky and Flamini staying with question marks over Arteta and Diaby.

We need to hope Wenger gets rid of three of those above or we're not signing any midfielder, scary thought.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look at how many midfielders we have:

CM: Coquelin, Flamini, Arteta, Diaby
CM: Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ox
AM: Özil, Rosicky

There's talk of Rosicky and Flamini staying with question marks over Arteta and Diaby.

We need to hope Wenger gets rid of three of those above or we're not signing any midfielder, scary thought.
Seriously i don't want Flamini or Diaby to stay their contract ends this summer and we must not renew their contract. Rosicky signed 1 new year contract according to Arsène.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Seriously i don't want Flamini or Diaby to stay their contract ends this summer and we must not renew their contract. Rosicky signed 1 new year contract according to Arsène.

Flamini has said today he has another year left on his contract.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom