• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Sevilla (H)

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
F-cYeulWwAAuCnp

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lamela for me.

Was just useless, I laughed everytime he was on the ball...he tried to hack Martinelli at one point but was too crap to even do that 😅

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Martinelli embarrassed the man who was marking him. Made it look like an older brother teasing his little brother. Bet he was pleased when Martinelli was subbed off

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Martinelli embarrassed the man who was marking him. Made it look like an older brother teasing his little brother. Bet he was pleased when Martinelli was subbed off

They wanted to sub 37 year old Jesus Navas on at halftime, but Mr Navas was like "Nah, I am going nowhere fam" 🤣

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Jokes aside @Trilly is just a bit like an overbearing father when it comes to some of our players. They come up to him for validation like a dog waggaing their tail and he’s like “You want props for that? did you see what Rashford did yeah?” etc

It all comes from a good place. Makes him an easy target around here but he’s salvaged a living out of catching strays.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Saka but if Havertz committed to a single run in the box Martinelli would have had an assist or two and been MOTM. He roasted his FB. A very poor Sevilla, we had a few nice moments but i am not convinced. Although we got a very winnable group

Topside

Martinelli for me.

Destroyed the full back, no lube first minute onwards shafting, inside outside had him in every position possible struggling.

Saka also was very good, ref's have to do more to protect him 5 fouls on him early in the game. Three from one player, two from the other it has become a tactic lot of teams are using. Strong ref nips it in the bud early by a booking or two.

SupersoakerArsene

Saka for me. Last pass from Martinelli was actually not good at all yesterday. Not enough people in a good position in the box, but still. He demolished the kid on RB, but couldn't get a proper assist with his actions.

Saka had a goal and assist. Motm for me. Nelli & Rice good 2nd (shared). Third is Jorgi & Saliba.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I’d usually give it the man with the output in a game like this, but Martinelli was immense.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Saka was actually not just a output in this match (like in some other matches this season...), he played really well, I was giving it to Martinelli actually (even with the lack of a final touch, he was just destroying the Sevilla right side on his own...), Jorginho the third, but after his like dribbling goal, Saka's was the one for me.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What’s @Trilly ’s problem with Martinelli?
I can understand why some people are voting Saka, but Martinelli was starboy tonight for me.
No problem with him, just massively overrated by the fanbase (see how he was getting praised for tormenting his fullback even though he didn't actually do anything productive as a consequence) and the beneficiary of a system that enables the LW.

Similar to how good Jota was for Liverpool, then they signed Luis Diaz and realised that sometimes the system maketh the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom