• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Not even close for me. Bergkamp's ability was a thing of beauty. He used to split defences and put players clean through on goal. Add to that his ridiculous skillset and the sort goals most players don't even score in training, and it's a no contest.

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Don't think you can compare Özil and Bergkamp. Different team, different time, different everything.

The thing that sets Bergkamp apart, though, is that he was not only an insanely good playmaker, but also a brilliant goalscorer, which Özil frankly isn't.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
I rate Özil as the best attacking midfielder in the world but he's not even close to Dennis Bergkamp's creative abilities and link-up play. I we had him in our team, Giroud would average 35 goals per season.

Oh what nonsense...

Best attacking midfielder not even close to Bergkamp...

Can't believe how underrated Mesut is...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not even close for me. Bergkamp's ability was a thing of beauty. He used to split defences and put players clean through on goal. Add to that his ridiculous skillset and the sort goals most players don't even score in training, and it's a no contest.
Huge fan of Bergkamp but try to remember its much easier to put Henry through on goal than Giroud. Playing style, quality of runs and all that. Özil had runners all around him at Real and boy did he put them clean through on goal. But whatever. I plead no contest to the goalscorer claim.

Oh_Snap

Don't think you can compare Özil and Bergkamp. Different team, different time, different everything.

The thing that sets Bergkamp apart, though, is that he was not only an insanely good playmaker, but also a brilliant goalscorer, which Özil frankly isn't.

And Bergkamp never matched Özils assist numbers (30 Assists in 315 Apps)...They would've complimented each other pretty well i guess.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
"Assists" are a negligible stat for me. I don't see what the point of it is and never gives you an overall picture of what went on.

How difficult is it to watch football, honestly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: :lol:

Even as Özil ultra, that was a good line.
I didn't even mean it as a put-down to old Mesut. It's kind of the way it is, and that's mostly because a lot of people have made it that way. I couldn't wait for the talk of stat records to just go away. I remember a time when nobody cared, and you just marvelled at what you saw with your eyes during a game. Moments that took your breath away. Different strokes for different folks I suppose!

razörist

I didn't even mean it as a put-down to old Mesut. It's kind of the way it is, and that's mostly because a lot of people have made it that way. I couldn't wait for the talk of stat records to just go away. I remember a time when nobody cared, and you just marvelled at what you saw with your eyes during a game. Moments that took your breath away. Different strokes for different folks I suppose!
Again nothing against Bergkamp but stats are there for the likes of you. You can't see Mesut's beauty so people try to convince you with stats. Mesut's stats are good, what you see with your eyes during a game is even better.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Again nothing against Bergkamp but stats are there for the likes of you. You can't see Mesut's beauty so people try to convince you with stats. Mesut's stats are good, what you see with your eyes during a game is even better.
Some like burgers, some like steak.

razörist

tumblr_n5mi7uNEQi1tbdwcto1_500.gif

Vision. Execution. Style.

Highbury Rock City

Bergkamp made you dream. Özil makes you go to stat sites.

A bit sad, but so true. I for one love to watch Özil, but all these amazing "passes completed" and "assists"-stats is nothing to actually scoring goals. It feels a bit like grasping for straws due to lack of a descent goalscorer like Bergkamp. With that said, you can't underestimate Özil's skill and contributions, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom