• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arsenal are in talks with Werder Bremen over youngster Mesut Özil.

Bild says the Gunners have made good progress in negotiations for the 20 year-old midfielder.

Arsenal are ahead of Manchester City and Juventus for Özil.

Gurgen

Established Member
Re: Mesut Özil

Quality player, but does Wenger think we get points for having the most #10's at the club?

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Has an unbelievable left foot and is a player I have always rated. From what I have seen of him he could be a very useful player for us and it would certainly mean the end of Diaby on the left.

I my memory serves, we were linked to him before his move to Bremen which is why I began following him in the first place. He has something that we have craved which is pace and trickery out wide, he can back that up by putting in decent quality crosses as well. Bild from the little I know of German culture is a pretty respectable source or am I wrong?

Anyway, if this is for real and assuming we keep everyone then all we will need is a central midfielder and a center back. We could do without Özil because I feel we have enough quality there but we do lack depth so he would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

DaGunners

Established Member

He's a nice little player, but Bremen will do everything they can to keep him after they lost Diego. He's a better option than Theo wide, but not Nasri. Of course, I'd much rather we bought Hazard :wink:

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Hazard is no where near Özil's level of productivity just yet in my opinion, he could definitely surpass him one day as I feel he has more natural talent but as for the here and now, Özil is the superior player.

kamikaze80

Established Member

Gurgen said:
Quality player, but does Wenger think we get points for having the most #10's at the club?
agreed. i think this is agent talk to get a pay rise. Özil will be getting a bigger role with diego gone.

DaGunners

Established Member

He's a shady little farker too. One good season in Germany and at the pres conference before the UEFA Cup Final he was talking about all the offers he had and that after the season he and his agent/club would look at them. The manager was sitting right there too!!!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I didn't like what I seen of him though. He is a little too soft and lack of physical ability as well

nazo

Established Member

Clrnc said:
I didn't like what I seen of him though. He is a little too soft and lack of physical ability as well

Same here.
I doubt Bremen will sell him after Diego leaves anyways, but still, he's a good player.

(i've only seen him a few times btw)

Anzac

Established Member

Not convinced we need a wide player capable of crossing the ball - not with our current strike options.

godfather

whached him play against Spain U21 today.
I think he WILL be a special player in the future. So I don't mind if we can get him before his price goes up in the next 2 years.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I think Marin is a better player than him

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Mesut Özil

GUNS WANT Özil IF FAB MOVES ON
ABOVE: Özil could be in line to replace Fab
7th November 2009
By Sami Mokbel

ARSENAL are planning for life without skipper Cesc Fabregas by lining up a £15m swoop for Germany playmaker Mesut Özil.

But the Gunners have been told they will have to wait until the summer to snare the Werder Bremen midfielder.

Fab underlined his commitment to the Gunners’ cause by making it eight goals for the season in the 4-1 demolition of AZ Alkmaar on Wednesday.

But the Spanish ace continues to be heavily linked with a return to boyhood club Barcelona at the end of the season.

Gunners boss Arsène Wenger wants highly- rated Özil to replace Fabregas’ creative spark should the 22-year-old go.

Özil’s contract expires at the end of next season and Werder want him to sign an extension.

But talks have been put on hold until next year, casting doubt over the his Bundesliga future.

It is understood the 21-year-old, who is also being tracked by Manchester United and Liverpool, is open to a move to England and will assess his options.

Wenger was eager to steal a march on his top-flight rivals by moving for the German star in January.

He fears that a successful World Cup for Özil, who is rated the third best player in Germany behind Bayern Munich pair Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, will see his price tag rocket.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/107190/Guns-want-Özil-if-Fab-moves-on-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... moves-on-/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Germany+v+England+UEFA+European+U21+Championships+IMR11dpnhFHl.jpg

Anzac

Established Member

Interesting, but unlikely = AW still has Nasri, Ramsey, Wilshere & possibly Rosicky to play the creative role.

Illusion

Established Member

I think he will probably be bought by someone this summer, but I don't think it will be us.

He's quite good in FM2010 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom