• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Re: Mesut Özil

He is like Nasri/Rosicky kind of playmaker.

If Wenger wants to play this kind of player in his midfield trio, he would have gone for Nasri. Özil is less of a defending midfielder anyway than Nasri, and Wenger won't play him there

Anzac

Established Member

If we got him he'd be an immediate replacement for / starter ahead of Rosicky/Nasri in the AM role, and depending on the shape AW goes with he could be an eventual replacement for AA's creative role with Nasri stepping up.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Armor for Sleep said:
He can play wide though can't he?
He don't have much pace to be honest. Equivalent to another Nasri playing on the wings

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Cant see him coming with Nasri Rosicky Walcott Vela etc.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've never scene him play, but if he is around 6ft with a great passing range, and not a ton of pace he sounds like a creative holding midfielder kind of like Xabi Alonso. I think we may be looking at him to fill the rotation we have in midfield because now we only have 3 players for 3 positions that we can rely on. Once you go beyond Cesc, Song, and Diaby we don't have much in midfield. He has to be better than Denilson.

DREVAK

Established Member

Uhh, what? How did you come to that conclusion? About him being a defensive midfielder. I mean from the premise that he's a good passer, isn't too fast and is six feet tall. That's just... nonsense. Or did I miss the point and it was just sarcasm & a sly dig at Denilson?

godfather

GunnerBP said:
I've never scene him play, but if he is around 6ft with a great passing range, and not a ton of pace he sounds like a creative holding midfielder kind of like Xabi Alonso. I think we may be looking at him to fill the rotation we have in midfield because now we only have 3 players for 3 positions that we can rely on. Once you go beyond Cesc, Song, and Diaby we don't have much in midfield. He has to be better than Denilson.

totally different kind of players, he is more like a joe cole

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I didn't mean to say that he was a defensive midfielder, but more so a deep lying creative player. A Pirlo, Xabi Alonso, Mikel Arteta, or Xavi type of player. That is the type of player he sounded like to me. I don't consider Denilson to be a defensive midfielder even though we play him there for some reason.

If Özil is more like a Joe Cole type of player than I don't think we would need him unless someone left. Next season we will have Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky, Walcott, and maybe Chamakh trying to play the two wide offensive positions. I can't see where Özil would fit in.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Nothing deep about the way Özil plays. He would probably need a dragging striker role assigned to him in order to be productive. Which is why I don't want him.

yakso

He is a fantastic prospect but aren't we already saturated with these AM types? I would rather we focus on getting other areas like forward, CB and GK.

GoonerAG

Arsenal Linked With Move for £12m Rated German International Assist Machine: Wenger Keen On Bundesliga Ace Mesut Özil

I know we all agree it's from that bollocks website caughtoffside but just thought I'd bump this. I wonder if this has any truth to it or if them part timers are putting 2 and 2 and coming up with 5 what with the rumours regarding Cesc and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom