• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Anelka

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
Maybe after that crunching tackle on Patrick Vieira that led to our first goal against Juve in the CL some are calling him Le Boss....

Some people have been even been calling him Robert 'The Enforcer' Pires!

Jaded

http://fr.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=562367.html

Rough translation:

The English club Arsenal is interested in the Malian international attacker of FC Sevilla (1st div. Spanish), Frederic Kanouté, one learned Wednesday from the entourage from the club. According to the results obtained at the time of the first matches of the Championship which must begin on August 11, Gunners, also in string for the preliminary turn of the League of the champions (to go 14 August 15, return 28-29), could decide to recruit Kanouté. From now on private of its French high-speed motorboat Thierry Henry, transferred to the FC Barcelona, Arsenal knows several uncertainties concerning its line of attack, which also lost the Spaniard Jose Antonio Reyes, party in Athletico Madrid. Eduardo da Silva, the young person (20 years) Croatian recruit of Brazilian origin bought at ransom price (24 M EURO), is still not authorized to play, because its contract was suspended by the British authorities, for lack of work permit. As for the Togolese Emmanuel Adebayor, it is currently decreased physically and remains dubious for the beginning of season. In addition to Kanouté, which evolved already /moved in First League, in West Ham between 1999 and 2003, and Tottenham of 2003 to 2005, the name of Nicolas Anelka (Bolton) was strongly evoked these last days to join the London club and to find the managor Arsène Wenger there.

I don't know where to put this, since its only one source available so far; a new thread might be pushing it. No news at all coming from capital of Spain nor Catalan based press when it comes to Arsenal transfer (except the long and continuous discussion about Henry and Reyes transfer).

qs

Established Member
kooldawg said:
Isn't he a Spuds reject??

He didn't do well at Sp*rs but he's been pretty fecking good for Seville.

Wouldn't really be bothered with him though.

Nutsy

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
otfgoon said:
I thought Arsène was le boss?

He is.

Never ever heard of Bobby being called "Le Boss"

Huh.. Same here, Since when We call Bobby Le Boss, And another variation of Arsène is Le Prof no?

and @ Kanoute, he can't even make it in Sp*rs - What makes you think we'd be interested? It's a given that he couldn't adapt to English Football and with Sp*rs. Ofcourse he tend to be better at Sevilla. Almost a lot of players after the EPL tend to do their best in the La Liga................

Big_Cake

Please not Kanoute Arsène...Anelka played regularly will garuntee you 20goals a season, Kanoots wouldn't. End of.

qs

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
Please not Kanoute Arsène...Anelka played regularly will garuntee you 20goals a season, Kanoots wouldn't. End of.

How do you figure that? He hasn't managed 20 league goals once in his entire career.

Only once has he managed to break 20 incl all comps and he only managed a dozen last season.

Bergy_1995

Kanoute would be an interesting choice. He's a very talented striker and wouldn't have a problem finding the net. A much superior option to Bendtner anyhow.

Wenger needs another option upfront no matter who it is. We're lacking one more, most definitely. i don't think Bendtner would be able to successfully step in if the likes of Van Persie got injured. He's far from the finished article. We need another finished article.

Anelka would be ideal but Wenger's stance on him appears to suggest he doesn't want him.

Who knows though eh?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
couldn't see it happening.

but i often thought kanoute did decently in premierleague.

Bobo D. Clown

Gunners_Nadz said:
Legend#1 said:
otfgoon said:
I thought Arsène was le boss?

He is.

Never ever heard of Bobby being called "Le Boss"

Huh.. Same here, Since when We call Bobby Le Boss, And another variation of Arsène is Le Prof no?

If you read back over thegame's post i think he thought the story was about Arsène but it was about Bobby and when Legend pointed it out he was joking when he said: "yeah some people call Bobby 'Le Boss' too..."

Kanoute would be a waste of money. I'd take Old Man Oba over him. And that story saying we were held to ransom of 24mil over Eduardo (and that he's 20?) is obviously the work of a complete hack.

thegame24

Established Member
When did i say anything about Pires being Le Boss?

Damn this place

and for the record, there are some people that call bobby le boss, go on you tube and type pires le boss.

Bobo D. Clown

My apologies, i got you and Emir8_Soldier confused, don't know how that could have happened....

and whoever made that video and called Pires 'Le Boss' is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom