• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Anelka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend#1

Established Member
Anelka's off the ball movement is absolutely superb.. Something we need.

Torres has got it in abundance too.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Anelka is pure class. I feel as a footballer hes just as talented as Henry,

He made a big mistake leaving Arsenal. The boy could have been one of the best all time centre forwards.

If we get him he would be the extra bit of quality i feel we are missing upfront.

belgianfan

Legend#1 said:

yup anelka still class bit if you want of the ball movement we should get huntelaar, the man's a genius at knowing where to be at the right time. He has banged in lots of goals in a few seasons now. He's really the new van nistelrooy.

dos1986

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:

He made a big mistake leaving Arsenal. The boy could have been one of the best all time centre forwards.

uhhh Was.....

The over hyping of Anelka here is a joke....

You would think he was banging them in over the last few years and leaving every Centre Back on his Arse,with the talk here....

Anelka has lost a noticeable amount of Pace,since he was at his peak (20)

Like when was the last time,he tore a defence apart with his so called "electric pace"?(no he didnt score that goal at the weekend because of his electric pace,the defender kept with him,and then he let rip with a fierce shot before the defender caught him....like he did against Kolo....)

I dont see the big deal with Anelka,first of he's a ******,who's 28 (29 in March) who's goal scoring rate has only been ok over the last few years,his pace is good but only about Ade's level,he's not this powerful runner anymore that can beat any defender in a 10 yard dash....

If we signed Anelka he would have to be first choice,as we all know he wont be happy for long on the bench....

Arsène doesnt sign players past there physical peak and Anelka is past his peak.....He will only get worse..

Arsène doesnt do such transfers

Lord Dula

Established Member
belgianfan said:
Legend#1 said:

yup anelka still class bit if you want of the ball movement we should get huntelaar, the man's a genius at knowing where to be at the right time. He has banged in lots of goals in a few seasons now. He's really the new van nistelrooy.

Eduardo has good movement off the ball.

We dont need another striker. RvP, Ade, Eduardo, Nik and Theo is enough.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well , w'eve already bought Eduardo who has good of the ball movement ,even Ade had great of the ball movement.
Arsène has already spent on strikers and he is not going to change his mind. IF he wanted Anelka he would have bought him by now.

Nutsy

Established Member
jay-d said:
Well it seems Man U may be in for him.

How desperate Man Utd really? FFs, so, apparently the highly rated Tevez is no longer good enough after they spent the ridiculous cash on him? Ha.

I'm inclined to believe that Arsène may be done in the Transfer market on striker options aswell. Possible that he buy some one in Midfield, hopefully a winger that we've been crying out for. There's still no doubt our squad is still thin in that issue.

Viper

Established Member
dos1986 said:
>YounGunner< said:

uhhh Was.....

The over hyping of Anelka here is a joke....

You would think he was banging them in over the last few years and leaving every Centre Back on his Arse,with the talk here....

Anelka has lost a noticeable amount of Pace,since he was at his peak (20)

Like when was the last time,he tore a defence apart with his so called "electric pace"?(no he didnt score that goal at the weekend because of his electric pace,the defender kept with him,and then he let rip with a fierce shot before the defender caught him....like he did against Kolo....)

I dont see the big deal with Anelka,first of he's a ******,who's 28 (29 in March) who's goal scoring rate has only been ok over the last few years,his pace is good but only about Ade's level,he's not this powerful runner anymore that can beat any defender in a 10 yard dash....

If we signed Anelka he would have to be first choice,as we all know he wont be happy for long on the bench....

Arsène doesnt sign players past there physical peak and Anelka is past his peak.....He will only get worse..

Arsène doesnt do such transfers
Watch his goal against Newcastle. Pace, off the ball movement and quality finishing.

And he did beat Toure to score against us. What the **** are you expecting, Anelka to be as quick as Gael Clichy? Anelka is faster than 90% of current Premiership defenders; and thats a fact.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
urh, i don't think 90% is fair. at most 50%.

anelka is already 28. i won't risk signing him.

dos1986

Established Member
Viper said:

And he did beat Toure to score against us..

Like I said,he took a step and got a shot in quickly before Toure caught him.....It was his quick feet and skill that got that goal not pace...

What the f**k are you expecting, Anelka to be as quick as Gael Clichy?.

Isnt the idea,to replace Henry's pace?

Anelka is about as quick as 05/06 Henry......plus he's getting old

Anelka is faster than 90% of current Premiership defenders; and thats a fact.

Based on what?

Anelka is not quicker than "the top 7's quickest defenders"

Rio,Toure,King.Yobo,Carvalho (maybe),Alex,Richards all have the pace to match Anelka....

dutchMasta

FFS, no it's not about replacing Henry's pace. Anelka will bring physical presence, good finishing, great ball-holding ability and experience. He's got enough pace to beat a defender. Who cares how he beats his man, as long as he does it. He beat Toure through quick feet and trickery, isn't that enough!? He's got about as much pace as Drogba, and I'm happy with that.

illmatik

Established Member
He's not coming to Arsenal, there hasn't been a sufficient link since Wenger said he's not going to sign him

dos1986

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=389360

anelka bolton 'exit possible'

and thats before the end of this window so it looks like the window is far from over

We.Liverpool and Chelsea wont sign him....Fergie will stay with what he's got imo....So that leaves Everton,Man City or Pompey....

Bojinov is out for 5 months...So I can see City sign him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom