• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil has been way too criticised by some aspects of the media, mainly because I think many were expecting a Cesc action type player, Özil was never that.

He's getting more plaudits now though.

US_Gooner

Established Member
I like him as a player and wanted him here that summer. I think much of the blame for Di Maria's failure to thrive is LVG's to claim.

That and the English game is rough compared to the continent; some players can cope and some can't.

Gregor Clegane

Di Maria's career perfectly epitomised by this gif..

gvw0rNq.gif

How can you recover from that flop..

This is ironic because he looks like this is what would happen to him in a stiff breeze even without the parachute.

Gregor Clegane

Harsh, he came into a totally different league and country than he's been used to, and on top of that he came into a poor Utd team.

Jury is out rather than him being a flop.

I disagree. Let's not forget that he hit the ground running when teams gave him too much respect, and was carrying them at one point and was their best player. But then teams began to realise that if you deny him time and space then he offers next to nothing. Since then he's only looked good against the odd team that have parked the bus, or that have been dominated by United allowing them to create overloads and enabling him to find the time and space he needs to shine.

However most teams will deny him time and space, in fact any team that has any sense will do so, so he's not cut out for the EPL. He's better suited to teams that are rarely tested, in their domestic league or in Europe, like Real Madrid or PSG.

This_is_The_Year

I like him as a player and wanted him here that summer. I think much of the blame for Di Maria's failure to thrive is LVG's to claim.

That and the English game is rough compared to the continent; some players can cope and some can't.

his one and only "wonder season" for Madrid wasnt that much better

he made a goal or an assist for united in the league every 117 minutes ( for a dysfunctional united team)

in his best ever season for Madrid he made a goal or an assist in the league every 107 minutes (for a madrid team on fire)

he was overrated to start with and underrated and poorly used for United

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Middlesbrough going to bid 14M for Jordan Rhodes.

Yet people complain about Danny at 16M.

Welbeck hasn't scored anywhere near as many goals at Rhodes! Obviously two different levels but I'd say Rhodes is comfortably a better finisher than Welbeck, that lad knows where the goal is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't think Di Maria is a flop at all, he had a great run in his best position before Van Gaal needlessly tinkered with the side.

It's not like he was some foreign chancer who came from some shandy strength league, he put in huge performances for Real Madrid.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He'll be seen as a flop because of his price-tag. People tend not to care about looking into reasons as to why it didn't work out, imo it had a lot to do with how LVG wanted to use him, it just didn't suite Angel who needs to be given freedom on the pitch and not a lot of positional responsibility.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Honestly I think he was just too weak for the league, every little challenge seemed like it could destroy him. Never got comfortable with the physicality of the league.

Glad he's leaving them though, beside being a top player it's going to provide nice comedy value at the expense of the mancs when he's tearing Ligue 1 and CL up.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We've just gotta hope they don't replace him with some absolute worldy. Pedro will do just fine. Then please stay away from the striker market united. A winger and a CB should be enough for you thanks.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I think he was just too weak for the league, every little challenge seemed like it could destroy him. Never got comfortable with the physicality of the league.

Glad he's leaving them though, beside being a top player it's going to provide nice comedy value at the expense of the mancs when he's tearing Ligue 1 and CL up.

Yeah but it's common knowledge that most players need time to adapt to the league. Wenger himself says it all the time. I also think it's a fallacy that the English league is more physical than Spain.

There are a lot more teams that play eleven hatchet men against Real and Barca than you think. Apart from possibly the top 7, the style of play is pretty basic.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
LVG lost all my sympathies in such a short time since coming to England.
Did not see that happening at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom