• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Is it just me or are Chelsea really short of defenders? They have Terry, Cahill, Azpi, Ivanovic and Zouma.

It's funny they're going to start the season with less defenders than ourselves last season and probably escape from it unscathed.

Jaywood Mac

Is it just me or are Chelsea really short of defenders? They have Terry, Cahill, Azpi, Ivanovic and Zouma.

It's funny they're going to start the season with less defenders than ourselves last season and probably escape from it unscathed.
Mourinho was talking about it yesterday saying he feels if he gets in a left back and another centre back his squad is complete. So guess he means that new left back Baba and John Stones perhaps.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
A muppet blast from the past:

Yann M’Vila, once linked with clubs such as #MUFC & #AFC, is now set to sign a 1 year deal with #SAFC, according to Le Parisien.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Think they're close to signing Baba Rahman, who's a powerful, pacey left back. He should provide adequate cover/competition for Azpilicueta. They're also looking to sign Stones which'd be a top signing for them. It's not like a Mourinho team to be short on numbers defensively. Found it interesting that they had to revert to 3 at the back against us yesterday, as a consequence we created a couple of opportunities.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You would think if we're not signing a striker or midfielder we would at least try to improve the left back situation.

This is crazy.

GDeep™

League is very weak

They're getting Rahman and Stones for pushing 50M in the next couple of weeks, most likely.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Welbeck hasn't scored anywhere near as many goals at Rhodes! Obviously two different levels but I'd say Rhodes is comfortably a better finisher than Welbeck, that lad knows where the goal is.
Different caliber between the championship and premier league. Has Rhodes ever played in the Premier League, seems like he is a perennial Championship player

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Different caliber between the championship and premier league. Has Rhodes ever played in the Premier League, seems like he is a perennial Championship player

I'd be willing to bet Rhodes would score more PL goals than Welbeck. He's a natural finisher, has instinct that cannot be taught. Welbeck hasn't got it in the locker.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They're getting Rahman and Stones for pushing 50M in the next couple of weeks, most likely.
I've always wondered how Chelsea identify what they need to strengthen and then sign them with minimal fuss. Am I missing some magical step because we seem unable to do the same?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I've always wondered how Chelsea identify what they need to strengthen and then sign them with minimal fuss. Am I missing some magical step because we seem unable to do the same?

Chelsea pay inflated fees/wages to get the deal done I guess.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's probably easier to go out and find a back-up quality LB and CB than a world class striker.

Gregor Clegane

Chelsea have signed Costa and Falcao in consecutive windows to be fair. Both brilliant players if they can put their injuries behind them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
LoL Sami Khedira is out for 2 months thanks god we didn't sign him.

Yeah, people were divided on here, some thought he was worth a gamble while others who thought it wasn't worth it with his injury history.

I didn't want him, great player but risky as we've now seen.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Chelsea have signed Costa and Falcao in consecutive windows to be fair. Both brilliant players if they can put their injuries behind them.
Falcao WAS a brilliant player. If and that's a big if, he can get back to pre-injury, Atletico Madrid form, then he's a great signing. Chelsea have recent history of signing some real duds upfront for huge money.

Shevchenko, Crespo, Torres et al

GDeep™

League is very weak
I still think Falcao kills most premier league teams as he'll have enough chances put on a plate for him.

You pick his games obviously, start him against Watford at home and give Costa a rest, play him against Bournemouth, against the weak teams in the CL group.

Bring him on late in games when chasing a goal, you know if the ball drops to his feet in the box he'll finish.

Used correctly, you get something out of him. Probably finished as a "main man" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

tumbleweed GIF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom