• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmaduke

Yeah, because Giroud has always been loyal and didn't act like a diva whenever he was benched. He wasn't always the greatest, but he got the team out of crappy moments with late goals and has been here longer than Alexis, who seemed like he was using Arsenal as a stepping stone. Giroud would have retired from here, make no mistake about it.
Now we're left with toothless Welbeck on the bench whenever things aren't working with Auba
Completely agree with that. I wasn't factoring in loyalty, just on a pure player X to club X.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I wasn't factoring in loyalty, just on a pure player X to club X.
Well, with Alexis there wasn't much they could have done. I don't like it that he ended up at Manure, the club I hate the most, but he would have cherry picked what rival to go to in the summer, so at least we got something in return.
To get back at Giroud, I can't think of anyone as loyal as he was during the last 5 years or so. Not counting Walcott, who wasn't even looking to improve.
I remember he said that he could have went to Everton in the summer, but he chose to stay and fight for a place. Too bad that he didn't get a chance this season and they never tried to play him more to his strengths. He was good at holding the ball and cheeky passes to his teammates with his back to the goal, but he didn't get as many crosses in the box as a big man like him would have liked.

Marmaduke

I remember he said that he could have went to Everton in the summer, but he chose to stay and fight for a place. Too bad that he didn't get a chance this season and they never tried to play him more to his strengths.
That part about rejecting Everton breaks my heart. He really wanted to be here and be part of the team through thick and thin despite all the abuse he would get at times from some fans.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Is being not good enough for any top club being loyal now?
More like you have a guy who can score lots of goals with his head and you play the ball to him on the ground. Don't get it twisted. He was slow, no doubt about it, but they tried to play him in a possesion game, to which he adapted as much as possible, but this team doesn't cross enough to get the best out of someone like him. That is the manager's fault, not Giroud's.

IslingtonBornandbred

More like you have a guy who can score lots of goals with his head and you play the ball to him on the ground. Don't get it twisted. He was slow, no doubt about it, but they tried to play him in a possesion game, to which he adapted as much as possible, but this team doesn't cross enough to get the best out of someone like him. That is the manager's fault, not Giroud's.

Yeah, I think he's strong in the air, but he also has very good vision or intelligence. He sees things before they are happening, that's why he's so good in and around the box. Players like Wilshere, Özil and Cazorla could use him as a rebounder and he'd always give it back to them or play them through.

I can see him doing very well for Chelsea alongside Hazard.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Another reason why this move sucks is that Auba can't play in the Europa League and there's no backup for Laca. We all know that a top 4 finish isn't likely unless Liverpool and Spuds go on a losing streak and we win more in a row, which I don't see happening, at least not away.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Love you Oli! Thanks for always being commited to Arsenal and playing for the shirt! We will miss you! All the best to you and please do not score on us, thanks! <3

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Actually sad he’s left. Don’t even hold any ill will against him for going to Chelsea. Small club

This has affected me unlike Sanchez

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.arsenal.com/news/goodbye-and-thanks-olivier-giroud
Oli will be missed by everyone here at Arsenal and we wish him well.

Compare this to the (lack of) goodbye message on the site for Alexis :lol:

Gosh darn it, if that ain't a tear jerker then I don't know what is. A bit gut wrenching to see him in a Chelsea shirt, but I think we all know where his heart lies in London.

I see how this move benefits him in that he gets to stay in London, but it's still a bit curious, isn't it? He'll play more there than here I imagine, but still might be a bench player. He's also on the exact same length of contract he was on here. Seems a bit like changing locations but not situations?

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom