• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Good bye Giroud :(

Thanks for everything. Best of luck with your Chelsea and International career.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I see how this move benefits him in that he gets to stay in London, but it's still a bit curious, isn't it? He'll play more there than here I imagine, but still might be a bench player. He's also on the exact same length of contract he was on here. Seems a bit like changing locations but not situations?
Tough to play here with PEA and Lacazette ahead of him, but I think most international strikers like Giroud would back themselves to bench Morata (even though I like him).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tough to play here with PEA and Lacazette ahead of him, but I think most international strikers like Giroud would back themselves to bench Morata (even though I like him).

Yeah I see that, I even see Conte playing both of them. But this move very much feels like it needed to happen now in order for him to play in the first XI at the World Cup. On that front, i'm not so sure. I know he didn't want to go to Dortmund, but in purely footballing terms that would have been better for him: undisputed first choice CF at a big club.

Anyway, as long as he's happy with it then all the best to him. I don't want to watch him scoring goals for Chelsea, but I do want to watch him score goals for France. So hopefully we'll see that.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

^ Agreed @American_Gooner

Ah man this is sad lol

Wasn’t quite what we wanted but way better than we (including me) gave him credit for. Defo taken for granted at times. Hope it works out for him man.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Damn, proper sad at this.

Not even his biggest fan but him and Walcott have been a huge part of this club in the last decade. Honestly felt worse seeing them in other team's shirts than Alexis in United's. Sad stuff.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Really sad news. I though he would retire with Arsenal. Always gave it his best and did the best he could despite the team not playing to his strengths. The fact that we sold him cheaper than Theo is shameful!

I can see him doing well for Chelsea. Seeing him and Cesc play against Arsenal at the Emirates will be very depressing. Good luck to the Big man :(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
DU4d8i-VMAAf1Qe.jpg

Played a big role in ending the trophy drought, can't forget that

ClubLevel

Gutted we have lost him. In all honesty I would rather keep him than Lacazette. Say what you want about his quality, he always gave 100%. More than can be said for 80% of the squad we have had the misfortune of seeing the last 10 years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"Thanks for memories Oli, especially that wicked scorpion kick! When England fail to get out of the group stage, I'll be singing 'La Marseillaise" in the summer."

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good Luck, big guy.

Both need(ed) specific tactics to make them work properly.

Reactions: A_G

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He's never quite been good enough to start consistently but he's a good player and a good servant here. Obviously been frustrating at times but I wish him well.

Conte obviously wants a big target man based on the players he's been targeting so I can see Giroud potentially doing well there.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Good luck big man.
500.jpg

Loved his professionalism, selfless service to the team, sublime one-touch assists and brilliant goals.

****, it feels so sad to see him gone. Took away all the excitement from the great 2 news from today.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I would be a lot more angry about this if I hadn't been buttered up by the Auba signing and Özil contract extension.

It does, however, prove that we are still a club that puts financial results before a quality team. Keeping Giroud and adding Aubameyang would have meant that we had a very wide array of striking skills amongst our ranks (I'd rate Giroud as one of the best 3 target men in European football.. although it isn't a loaded pool).

Alas, in order to buy it seems Kroenke will still force us to sell and thus, a dampener has been put on an otherwise fantastic day.

blaze_of_glory

I'd say make a statue, but what is the point when the man is already so statuesque? The mason would only tarnish such timeless perfection. In this case, eternity is but a fleeting glimpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom