• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 0 - 2 Liverpool | Wednesday 16th March | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't really understand football tactics but both our midfielders already basically play as 10s now right? But then also our striker is gonna track back and join the midfield so now we basically have 4 midfielders , so who do we expect to get the goals? Martinelli/ESR and Saka? I doubt they're gonna score regularly. I feel like people just make excuses for Lacazette tbh.

Currently that is the tactic tho. It's designed to get Martinelli and Saka into scoring positions. They're basically our Mane and Salah.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Its Wednesday people have work tomorrow but yes the support today was nowhere near like it was against man city
Still pisses me off in games when half the stadium empties around 85th minute and we still have **** to play for. Just don't go then. Give your ticket to people who stay until the very end.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Whose he going to sell to get the money for 5 players?

Just off the top of my head we will likely sell all of Bellerin, Torreira, Maitland-Niles. With deals already done for Guendouzi and Mavropanos. We also stand to lose Nketiah, Lacazette and Elneny. Xhaka could very well leave us too. Plus our biggest earner in Auba is off the books. There has to be a lot of financial room for signings. That doesn’t mean I see 5 players coming necessarily. But we need more quality at CF, CM and maybe RB. So at the least 3 top players have to come in.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Of course people are gonna like younger homegrown players getting us back into Champions League over washed up Chelsea players slogging it to 8th place. Not everyone is gonna prefer French dancing boys over Hale End talent.
Lol has nothing to do with what I said, you brought up Lacazette to me out of nowhere and I had to tell you that’s not my boy.

Playing a tired guy because of his good behaviour is a disgrace within itself but there’s Arteta thread for that discussion.

This was a nothing match to me anyways not worth analysing deeply, it was a free hit.

rockofcashel

Lacas free kick reaction was terrible too.. I was literally screaming at the telly, give it quick, Liverpool had switched off.. but so had Laca 😒

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Currently that is the tactic tho. It's designed to get Martinelli and Saka into scoring positions. They're basically our Mane and Salah.
But with Liverpool all 3 of their forwards get involved, not like Firminho or Jota or whoever they're playing is nowhere near the box when they attack. I don't get the idea that's it's ok for our number 9 not to get into goal scoring positions because they track back.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just off the top of my head we will likely sell all of Bellerin, Torreira, Maitland-Niles. With deals already done for Guendouzi and Mavropanos. We also stand to lose Nketiah, Lacazette and Elneny. Xhaka could very well leave us too. Plus our biggest earner in Auba is off the books. There has to be a lot of financial room for signings. That doesn’t mean I see 5 players coming necessarily. But we need more quality at CF, CM and maybe RB. So at the least 3 top players have to come in.
Got a feeling you’ll be lucky to get one Ben White for that lot.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

But with Liverpool all 3 of their forwards get involved, not like Firminho or Jota or whoever they're playing is nowhere near the box when they attack. I don't get the idea that's it's ok for our number 9 not to get into goal scoring positions because they track back.

There's a lot which separates us from Liverpool. Their FB's also produce quality, and their midfielders makes runs into the box given the opportunity. I don't get all of it, it's just what I've been observing this past while, Lacazette just doesn't play like a CF at all. It's barely even false 9 at this stage, it's literally just a 10. Maybe the tactic would altered if we had of got someone like Vlahovic but this is just what I'm seeing.

BigPoppaPump

Couldn't watch the game last night, just seen it on record bro. During the toxic last couple of years of Arsène, fans were flecked with spittle as they raged about our record against top sides. But something tells me Arteta won't have that problem. Probably all about a process or something.
Under Arsène is was because he's an awful past it manager and is Robert Mugabe, when it's Arteta it becomes a free hit.

BigPoppaPump

There's a lot which separates us from Liverpool. Their FB's also produce quality, and their midfielders makes runs into the box given the opportunity. I don't get all of it, it's just what I've been observing this past while, Lacazette just doesn't play like a CF at all. It's barely even false 9 at this stage, it's literally just a 10. Maybe the tactic would altered if we had of got someone like Vlahovic but this is just what I'm seeing.
But that's what I'm saying, he's supposed to both where he gets involved in midfield and has to play as a 9 when needed too. He just doesn't have the pace, fitness or athleticism to do these things. Lacazette is one of the worst players i've seen at Arsenal when it comes to stamina so he will struggle doing this role. Also top class CBs have nothing to worry about with him and they know it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We have 18players now and might lose two more in the summer.
We're playing international next year.
So 5in is about right
We have a squad of 21 and have loaned out 10. That’s 31 on the books. Arteta‘s been given £220m in the last two windows. KSE can’t keep that up, for sure. So to get 5 players we’ll have to stop giving players away and start doing some decent transfer sales.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't really understand football tactics but both our midfielders already basically play as 10s now right? But then also our striker is gonna track back and join the midfield so now we basically have 4 midfielders , so who do we expect to get the goals? Martinelli/ESR and Saka? I doubt they're gonna score regularly. I feel like people just make excuses for Lacazette tbh.
If Arteta’s not giving him that role why is he so deep all the time. I think he asks Laca to drop into midfield when we’re defending. Last night he was on the edge of our box a couple of times. But he hasn’t got the legs to get up with Martinelli when he breaks. This is the reason our pass maps have been U shaped for so long. A new striker won’t fix this.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I love how early Klopp makes changes when things aren't going exactly how he'd like. Even after Jota scores he still takes him off as planned along with Diaz because he demanded more from his attack. He doesn't wait and wait, he's no problem admitting he got his XI wrong and will change it up. Basically he didn't wait for his side to go behind before making changes. He had them planned at 0-0 and still followed through after the goal.
Klopp is the real deal, switching players and tactics continually. And his teams aren’t so rushed these days. Arteta has one system and has bought a set of players to suit it. He’s a one trick pony.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Frustrating not to get the 3 points as we were the better team throughout that match.

Martinelli was excellent, made so many good runs. The run Martinelli made early second half in which went past several pool players was too draw and as my Liverpool mate said "That deserved a goal".

Partey was excellent, even better than his City peformance which is his best peformance for us so far.

Cedric - Brilliant peformance in the first half but not so much in the second half.

Ødegaard - Fitest and hardest working player in the team with tireless pressing.

White and Xhaka also played very well.

Our only two players that underperformed were Saka who was was very poor and Ramsdale who should of saved the two goals. That said these two along with Ødegaard have been our best players this season.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Arsenal finally lose a game again. @Makingtrax with 12 posts on the last 3 pages of yesterday's match day thread... :drool: Never change my friend! That axe will always be there to grind! ;)
Cheers bro. I was working last night and only caught the game this morning, as you’ll see. But don’t let that get in the way of your agenda. Lol.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's the big games that show what we truly lack when we attack. Liverpool were so scared of Martinelli. They doubled up on him with Fabinho and TAA every time he got the ball in the second half. So if two players go to him right on the touchline, where is the space?

The problem is that Xhaka and Lacazette literally don't exploit space. The pass Martinelli made to Laca from the free kick just shows how he is always on his heels in and around the box.

We desperately need an 8 and a striker.
Bolded and underlined. This is the next stage of our evolution. Look at the run from Mane that drags Ben White inside and Cedric being drawn out to Robertson - you can see Jota looking over his shoulder before Thiago even receives the ball, anticipating what the defenders will do.

jgEAVRt.gif

BIoodBrother

We have a squad of 21 and have loaned out 10. That’s 31 on the books. Arteta‘s been given £220m in the last two windows. KSE can’t keep that up, for sure. So to get 5 players we’ll have to stop giving players away and start doing some decent transfer sales.
How many new players do you think we will buy?

I expect two new 2ST, 1CM, 1RB, 1LCB and Saliba Bellerin Guendouzi (done) and Torreira to be sold, likely Xhaka too so maybe even two CM/B2B.
If Saliba stays no LCB.
RB also unlikelier now with Cedric doing alright recently. US GK already bought so Leno leaves.
So between 3and6 new faces if you dont count Salibas

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Wow screw my head in please, I missed the game due to work unfortunately but just seen the highlights, how the hec did we not get a point off that game? That was so disappointing to watch them but not realise we scored a goal & I had 2 mates Liverpool supporters to stir me up after haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom