• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 30th October | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
So the players were affected by the protests, only at away games, were we have only a few thousand fans at each game.

But the home games weren't affected, despite us having around 50,000 each game...how does that make sense :lol:

The protests were a stain on our club, Arsène shouldn't have went out that way...but I really doubt it affected the players, especially when they were playing football.

The team just wasn't as good as it used to be, we had a Europa level squad, so finished in the Europa places.

Our drop off away from home in those 2 seasons was because...under Arsène, we were a team that liked to dominate the ball...that's harder to do away than at home...so by having lesser players, we couldn't play the way we wanted away in those games, so we lost more of them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The protests had been going on longer, than Arsène's last 2 seasons too.

AFTV started to get really popular around 2013-2015, I think...that was in the middle of us winning 2 FA Cups and getting Top Four in those 2 seasons...we just had a better team then, so it didn't matter.

You could probably go back to about 2009, when "Arsène Out" was becoming a thing...man still delivered Champions League up until 2017, how is that explained?

If the protests against him were the main reason, we should have dropped down the table much sooner than we did...eventually, the lack of any support from the board, is what ended Arsène here.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We all watched and witnessed what went on in the stadium, on social media and in AM post '16. There's no distorting it. Just you trying to find justification for it when there wasn't any.
No, what I find dishonest is how you distort Wenger's last seasons. You come back to the 2015/16 season where we finished 2nd but always leave out the actual trajectory over the final seasons which was 2nd, 5th and 6th. If you look at it like that you can understand more of the fan reactions. But you don't want to do that. You are just trying to score cheap points for your point of view.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No, what I find dishonest is how you distort Wenger's last seasons. You come back to the 2015/16 season where we finished 2nd but always leave out the actual trajectory over the final seasons which was 2nd, 5th and 6th. If you look at it like that you can understand more of the fan reactions. But you don't want to do that. You are just trying to score cheap points for your point of view.
Nah, 2015/16 was Wenger’s last season. Unless you’re another trying to pretend that all that fan pressure to force him out between 2016-18 had no effect on him or the team, in which case that’s just crazy ridiculous.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So who was that tall fellow with a French accent in our dugout?
It was a guy folding under abuse and psychological pressure. Maybe you just can’t empathise. I know some people just can’t put themselves in other people’s shoes when they see them suffering.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How about having some respect for Wenger for a change? Saying that Wenger folded under the pressure is pretty pathetic!
:lol::lol::lol:
Been accused of some things on here, but that’s the first time somebody said I should have more respect for Wenger. LMAO. That’s a turn up.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

:lol::lol::lol:
Been accused of some things on here, but that’s the first time somebody said I should have more respect for Wenger. LMAO. That’s a turn up.
What you feel for Wenger doesn't seem to be respect, but some strange fetishism. No use continuing as you are grasping at straws to make your points. Let's just move on. Let's debate Emi in the match day thread instead! He is leaking goals today again and I am loving it. Just staying true to my empathic self! ;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What you feel for Wenger doesn't seem to be respect, but some strange fetishism. No use continuing as you are grasping at straws to make your points. Let's just move on. Let's debate Emi in the match day thread instead! He is leaking goals today again and I am loving it. Just staying true to my empathic self! ;)
:fibs:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Didn’t you know, it’s disrespecting Wenger to say he was affected by all that abuse. Lol. And they say attitudes to mental health have changed.
You did not phrase it like that though, you wrote and I quote: "It was a guy folding under abuse and psychological pressure." You are either quite sneaky in how you write and argue or just sloppy. I'll be nice today and say it is the latter.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Didn’t you know, it’s disrespecting Wenger to say he was affected by all that abuse. Lol. And they say attitudes to mental health have changed.

I mean he literally came out and said it affected him. He said he'd never forget the way he was treated and people still believe it didn't affect him? He's still human at the end of the day, even us AKBs don't think he's beyond letting things like that get to him even tho we're accused of basically deifying him.

It's complete denial to think otherwise, maybe it stems from a bit of guilt?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Look at these consecutive posts after the match has long ended.. :lol: :facepalm:

IstraBalagina

It was a guy folding under abuse and psychological pressure. Maybe you just can’t empathise. I know some people just can’t put themselves in other people’s shoes when they see them suffering.
And who caused that? If he was so good according to you why did he let that happen?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I mean he literally came out and said it affected him. He said he'd never forget the way he was treated and people still believe it didn't affect him? He's still human at the end of the day, even us AKBs don't think he's beyond letting things like that get to him even tho we're accused of basically deifying him.

It's complete denial to think otherwise, maybe it stems from a bit of guilt?
Or a lot of guilt! :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You said: "It was a guy folding under abuse and psychological pressure."

I could never say anything like this about Wenger. The man never folded under abuse and pressure.

Just own what you said, or say you misphrased or something man.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I can, and did and believe it. He was a genius but at the end of the day, he's just a human being.
Oh man, you just don't get it.

It's totally different to say he was affected, than to say he folded under pressure.

You're totally wrong to say so. Wenger never folded. NEVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom