• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 30th October | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wenger looked like an absolutely broken man towards the end of his Arsenal career. All but the most heartless of savages will of had a lot a sympathy for him.

Contrast to how he looks now: Happy, relaxed, glowing with health, enjoying his new job and of course fabulously wealthy. Pleased for him and very well earned. He has left the past behind and perhaps we should all follow his example.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He has left the past behind and perhaps we should all follow his example.
Good advice especially for Makingtrax. I usually have him on ignore as he never talks about anything else than Wenger (or squad cost).

Probably thinks he is the only one who loves Wenger, or deserves to do so, while saying he folded under pressure.

Which is a total lie and disrespect.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The protests had been going on longer, than Arsène's last 2 seasons too.

AFTV started to get really popular around 2013-2015, I think...that was in the middle of us winning 2 FA Cups and getting Top Four in those 2 seasons...we just had a better team then, so it didn't matter.

You could probably go back to about 2009, when "Arsène Out" was becoming a thing...man still delivered Champions League up until 2017, how is that explained?

If the protests against him were the main reason, we should have dropped down the table much sooner than we did...eventually, the lack of any support from the board, is what ended Arsène here.
DT brags about how he took his banner to the FA Cup final. :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I will never emotionally recover from knowing that gimp has seen Arsenal win more trophies, than I have seen.

Life just isn't fair, man :lol:
Better not knowing what gimps have done, don't you agree?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I watched the match yesterday and the first 24 minutes were very good. After that, Leicester were in our faces. Better finishing or a non inspired Ramsdsle and this would have been a loss. We didn't dominate (36 percent possession) and failed to control the match but still had moments where we looked good. Apart from goals scored Leicester were better in every other stat that mattered. This is the most balanced the first 11 has looked but something is still not right. We may be too defensive or systematic but we've had chances to boost our GD and just sat back. This is clearly now a coaching issue and I hope Arteta can make some adjustments to see us play better for longer. The youngest squad in the league should be up to this task. I'm delighted with the win but I still don't have pre match hope or know what to expect. Let's just keep on improving results and performance wise.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wenger looked like an absolutely broken man towards the end of his Arsenal career.
I really disagree!

Yes, he was feeling the pressure and struggling to achieve the results he wanted and we expected of him, but I never ever felt he "folded" or gave up or was "broken". Don't think that is in the man. I find saying that really disrespectful. Like he is some weak kneed sissy! Think this is underestimating the man tremedously. He would still be fighting on to this day if the club and owner would have let him. I am 100% sure about that!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

PS. I would take Wenger beside me in a fight 100x over before I would take guys like Mourinho e.g. Wenger was always polite and soft spoken, but the man had and has fight in him."Folded" and "broken"? It really pisses me off to read stuff like that! On an Arsenal forum! :mad:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really disagree!

Yes, he was feeling the pressure and struggling to achieve the results he wanted and we expected of him, but I never ever felt he "folded" or gave up or was "broken". Don't think that is in the man. I find saying that really disrespectful. Like he is some weak kneed sissy! Think this is underestimating the man tremedously. He would still be fighting on to this day if the club and owner would have let him. I am 100% sure about that!
His connection with some fans and resolve to continue with the status quo was broken, not the man himself. You can't continue without support and compared to Arteta, he got very little to none. The hurt he felt was visible and tangible so I don't find the use of the word "broken" offensive. Like you say, I would want him by my side in any battle. He had/has the heart of a lion and the Raul era felt as brutal as a pride takeover. It's important to remember the standards he set and how poorly he was treated personally. I'm sorry for myself as I don't deserve this. 😔

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I watched the match yesterday and the first 24 minutes were very good. After that, Leicester were in our faces. Better finishing or a non inspired Ramsdsle and this would have been a loss. We didn't dominate (36 percent possession) and failed to control the match but still had moments where we looked good. Apart from goals scored Leicester were better in every other stat that mattered. This is the most balanced the first 11 has looked but something is still not right. We may be too defensive or systematic but we've had chances to boost our GD and just sat back. This is clearly now a coaching issue and I hope Arteta can make some adjustments to see us play better for longer. The youngest squad in the league should be up to this task. I'm delighted with the win but I still don't have pre match hope or know what to expect. Let's just keep on improving results and performance wise.
To be honest the current run is somewhat enjoyable but reminds me a little of the long unbeaten streak at the start of emerys reign where we had a few good wins intermixed with quite a few games where our stats showed we were beaten everywhere apart from the scoreboard. Not convinced we have turned the corner just yet; we are definitely not demonstrating an ability to control matches against most mid table opponents.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
PS. I would take Wenger beside me in a fight 100x over before I would take guys like Mourinho e.g. Wenger was always polite and soft spoken, but the man had and has fight in him."Folded" and "broken"? It really pisses me off to read stuff like that! On an Arsenal forum! :mad:
Personally thought he occasionally looked really unwell sitting on the bench mate. I was a bit concerned for his health. Over the years, I have seen many peoples job take their toll and have an adverse affect on them and they were a completely different person after they left.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good advice especially for Makingtrax. I usually have him on ignore as he never talks about anything else than Wenger (or squad cost).

Probably thinks he is the only one who loves Wenger, or deserves to do so, while saying he folded under pressure.

Which is a total lie and disrespect.
More of your personal comments. You're an aggressive poster but as usual totally wrong.

Ironically it was against Leicester that the 2016 campaign to remove him started early on 20th August with vile chants by our away fans after coming second the previous season, which was beyond reprehensible.

Of course Wenger was a broken man, any fool could see that. Nobody and I repeat nobody could put up with that kind of abuse over a sustained period and not be badly affected. And as a manager he folded. By his own admission he wasn't sleeping and his marriage had just broken up the previous year. He became reactive in his approach, even defensive in some games, something he'd never have done earlier in his career. It led to more losses and it took him out of the top 4 after 20 years.

You've been very critical of Wenger on here in particular his loses to the big 6 clubs. This 'disrespect' angle is laughable and you've just jumped on it as an opportunity to be a ***** again.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This forum is littered with your anti Wenger posts since 2015. This new angle to pretend ii's disrespectful to say Arsène was badly affected by the abuse is all very clever but it's not fooling anybody. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Personally thought he occasionally looked really unwell sitting on the bench mate. I was a bit concerned for his health. Over the years, I have seen many peoples job take their toll and have an adverse affect on them and they were a completely different person after they left.
Got new respect for you. Of course he was unwell. He struggled through it, but he he should never have done. It was his biggest failing in my view, not knowing when to quit when the onrushing tide was against him. It ruined his marriage and his legacy as a 20 year top 4 manager on a low budget. Such a shame.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This forum is littered with your anti Wenger posts since 2015. This new angle to pretend ii's disrespectful to say Arsène was badly affected by the abuse is all very clever but it's not fooling anybody. :lol:

You cannot help yourself can you? This is the second rephrasing of your original post which I reacted to. You wrote that Wenger “folded”, which means he gave up. This is what I reacted to. You have done this before. Just accept the criticism and move on.

Regarding me being anti-Wenger is correct. It wasn't from 2015 but came a bit later. I wanted him out as a manager though and I still think that was the right thing to happen. I wish it had happened earlier than it actually did, so we could have got our hands on Klopp. He would have been perfect for us as he can work with less resources and knows how to improve players.

Being critical to Wenger and wanting him out isn’t disrespectful. He was also very well paid also so it’s not like he is sleeping under a bridge now. With that type of pay comes the acceptance that things can get rather rough. Overall I think he was treated well enough and if it is indeed as you wrote that Wenger folded, then I have misjudged the man.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Overall I think he was treated well enough
Well on that we'll disagree. Which brings us full circle to where all this started. It was the Leicester match in August 2016 that started the vile chants and strong campaign to remove him. All that after coming 2nd in the league. There was nothing 'well treated' about it. It was abuse without foundation. Pure and simple.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't disagree, but there is a difference between being under pressure and stress, and it taking a toll on you, to being broken and folding under it. This is where I think the disagreement, at least on my side, is.

To criticise someone, to call them stubborn, wrong etc. isn't disrespectful. What I find disrespectful though is sycophantic praising of the man. I find it nauseating to be frank.

Final point: I don't ignore work stress. It drove my own father to drink and made him lose his position in the end. I and my current manager are both under stress from work right now as we cannot deliver the right results. We both have acknowledged that we don't sleep at night. I am up at 3-4 am in the mornings working. So I have a lot of sympathy for people who suffer under work related stress.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Very true. I remember Houllier sat on the bench seemingly talking to himself and then rushed off to hospital. I'm just glad the old man is okay.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Very true. I remember Houllier sat on the bench seemingly talking to himself and then rushed off to hospital. I'm just glad the old man is okay.
Yeah, that was terrible. He looked in poor shape though. Arsène was getting up at 5.30am to exercise in order to try and relieve the stress. He didn’t deserve that treatment, and his detractors trying to say he was resilient enough to take it are adding insult to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom