• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Nottingham Forest 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, May 20 | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But you do understand what Im saying about Liverpool and City's influence on the statistics right? Their fights for the league over the last season have been around 95 points. Its them that have been the outliers in terms of points put on the board and increasing the difference between the so called haves and have nots.

The qualification points for 4th has largely remained the same over the last 28 years, averaging from around 65 - 71 points. I've measured every 7 years since 1995 (when we became a 20 team league). This suggests that the effort required to qualify is still the same, despite the increases in revenues and subsequent quality of the top teams. It also suggests that the so called smaller teams are able to raise their strength and competitiveness to compete more now.

The financial strength of the PL as a whole is also an indicator of a stronger league. Looking at managers for example, we have top quality managers who are and have been at mid table teams. The likes of Emery, Conte, Loptegui, Marsh, Ancelotti, Bielsa, Mourinho, Frank, Silva, Moyes, are further indication of the level of quality and increased difficulty across the PL.
The graph I've just shown you though shows a trend over time for the top 6. The graph before that showed the trend for the top 4. You counter all that evidence by just looking at a single position bro.

In general the league is much easier these days for the teams at the top. It's got nothing to do with the upturn of Liverpool. The rich are getting richer and rest of the league is not keeping up. By 2019 the top 6 had revenues of £500m, the other 14 clubs together only £180m. But crucially if you compare profits, the top 6 made £7m but the bottom 14 made a £188m loss. Every year the gap is opening wider in money and performance between the the teams at the top and the rest.

Even if the teams at the top have club problems, they only drop a few places,but if the others have problems they can easily be relegated, eg Everton and Leicester.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I want them to give us something against wolves show some effort the last tow games was sad to watch absolutely zero effort shown i still cant believe what i was watching yesterday 80% possession of sideways passing no one player tried to create something they all mentally checked out

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think we should also give credit to Forest, what they did was basic but effective. Simply put they kept their shape forced Saka to have the ball out wide where he couldn't do much and didn't allow him space and crowded the middle so gaps wouldn't appear. The most important part of it was the fact that we were constantly trying to bait them to press us hence why you saw White or Jorginho or Partey almost waiting a lot of the time before passing trying to get them to press us and gaps would appear but they kept their shape and remained disciplined. It made our system so redundant with the 3 atb, Partey inverted and Jorginho there was well.

Also showed the need for more of a presence at CF, because we tried to just play into Jesus a few times but the ball wouldn't stick. Ødegaard was the only one capable of receiving the ball in tight situations and even he was careless at times. It was probably the one game where we needed a more conventional RB supporting Saka, keep Ødegaard more central and stop having him on Saka's toes the whole time.

Legend14

Established Member
Forgettable, and fairly meaningless match. A return to horseshoe football.

We’ll have some time to study all of the game film for the year and come up with better strategic options to go along with additional top talent.

Lets win the last one.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
M
I want them to give us something against wolves show some effort the last tow games was sad to watch absolutely zero effort shown i still cant believe what i was watching yesterday 80% possession of sideways passing no one player tried to create something they all mentally checked out
I have seen the actual embodiment of zero effort and that was Emmanuel Adebayor standing pretty much motionless throughout the entirety of a game.

The impotent side-to-side stuff brought back some bad memories though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

i totally forget about this during the game because i couldn't care but yeah that penalty. but VAR saw us we just not even caring players apart from G,jesus didn't go at the referee so they moved on.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

i totally forget about this during the game because i couldn't care but yeah that penalty. but VAR saw us we just not even caring players apart from G,jesus didn't go at the referee so they moved on.

Nobody care. We didnt lose because of the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom