• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Nottingham Forest 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, May 20 | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We need 4/5 signings at least, if we want to compete at the top top level.

Replicate Zinchenko and Saliba from deep.
Have more ball retention and creativity in the middle. (TP5 and Ødegaard).
A big striker.

Can’t lie, I’ve been very respectful this season as there’s nothing I could say to criticise the manager but there has to come a time when the focus is on him. I’m not even trying to cause a stir (before any of his beloved stans come after me) as we’ve done well this season but the warning signs are there for all to see.

All good signing those players but when the manager is naive, lacks tactical flexibility and cojones to make big calls then we will continue to remain in these type of situations.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I predicted all 3 promoted teams to survive this season early on. Frustrating that it happened against us though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

When people start talking about passing as an attribute for goalkeepers just makes my eyes roll really.

"Defensive centre forwards" pushed me to the edge, "ball playing keepers" knocked me of it ffs!

blaze_of_glory

Let’s be really to keep our place in the top 2 we will need both of those guys and then also another Ødegaard level player.
Yeah been saying a while we need someone who can fill in for him, he's our most integral piece. If he gets injured I don't know what we do at this point.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think it matters who plays, we just aren't strong enough to deal mentally with City in a title fight...Saliba would have seen us concede less, but I feel we still would have lost the title as we just lack that little something as a team.

Manager and players still a little way from the top sides.

I agree, even if we had no injuries City still would have won it. But looking at the season as a whole a big reason why we kicked on was Zinchenko and Saliba.

ptrcopp

I’m not convinced Arteta has the tools yet to adjust when his Plan A isn’t working. It’s almost like he’s spent the entire week in training solely focused on getting his starters to rehearse their movements.

What’s frustrating is that different players don’t come into the same system. I’m think ESR would offer something different to Xhaka for example. We should swap like for like every time until it’s too late for any change to make a difference.

Personnel also didn’t make sense today. Fine try Partey as the inside RB but Kiwi made no sense when Tierney has played the attacking left sided CB for us before and every time he plays for Scotland

ptrcopp

Wayyyy to timid in the final third . Great at pressing and tracking back , but they aren't brave or imaginative in attack

I’d be fine with this - it happens at times in the season - if we just controlled the tempo and flow of the game but we aren’t doing that either

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can’t lie, I’ve been very respectful this season as there’s nothing I could say to criticise the manager but there has to come a time when the focus is on him. I’m not even trying to cause a stir (before any of his beloved stans come after me) as we’ve done well this season but the warning signs there for all to see.

All good signing those players but when the manager is naive, lacks tactical flexibility and cojones to make big calls then we will continue to remain in these type of situations.
You are correct its not hiding the fact there no plan B in his system. He just one system manager if it doesn't work we'll be midtable team he need to fix this signing will help but he also need to have multi systems to work on not only Zinchenko inverted high line defence and that's it

gamechannel

Only Artetasexuals would say this squad isn't good enough when almost all of it is made up of Arteta signings/extensions! Ridiculous way to deflect blame from total capitulation in the last 7-8 games.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And a striker that can be expected to score close to 1 in 2. If we don't get that we'll finish no better than 4th.

2nd 3rd 4th is all much of a muchness. City are so far ahead of the pool of teams behind them. We just have to keep adding too young players to the squad and wait for them to get old/Pep to leave.

bergholt

Such a thin squad. We need to replace a few starters and almost all the backups to have any chance of improving further.

bergholt

Only Artetasexuals would say this squad isn't good enough when almost all of it is made up of Arteta signings/extensions! Ridiculous way to deflect blame from total capitulation in the last 7-8 games.

Couldn’t the signings/extensions have been mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom