• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: Gameweek 4

juice man

Can't make his mind up
:lol: Erm... I think it says they earned the right to spend what they did, thus 'cheque book manager' is just a plain obtuse thing to level at Klopp.
But why does the source of the money (i.e., player sales vs. an oil sheikh) make a difference in that argument?

Manberg

Predator
Not managing to sell our want-away players and for good money but instead keeping them and letting them go on a free or on their last year is something I really hate about our previous management. Hopefully new management can rectify that problem.

Klopp has done Liverpool really well. They'd be in mid-table if it wasn't for him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Isn’t the same true of us now, we’re only hoping to get somewhere now we’ve actually shelled out on loads of players.

Think you’re being harsh on the red men, Kloppo has done an amazing job. All without going into the red.

Klopp is amazing, best manager in the world without a doubt, I'm not saying anything else. Liverpool have done a great job.

However fact remains that they have spent good amount of money and FSG have injected 100M.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
But why does the source of the money (i.e., player sales vs. an oil sheikh) make a difference in that argument?

Pep already had great players when he came to City.He spent big on the players he needed and improved some of them.How many players Klopp chnaged since he came to Liverpool ? Almost whole squad.

Iceman10

Established Member
I personally don't blame Klopp for spending money, same way I don't blame Pep for spending money. It's a competitive sport at the end of the day. But to suggest that spending huge amounts of money hasn't gotten Liverpool to where they are now would be absolutely ridiculous and just denying reality. Without breaking records for a CB and a goalkeeper their defence would still be an utter mess, that's before even going into 50 million Fabinho who's helped in that regard or the money spent on their attacking options.

They've done exceptionally well in the transfer market and should be given a lot of credit.

This is all slightly hard to break down because what would have been the equivalent transfer fees for Bergkamp, Henry, Wiltord in today's money? Now I don't want to go there with a silly comparison with Wenger, because he was on a different planet at his peak with Petit, Anelka, and quite a few others, but if we look at typical squad costs in football today I don't believe 300m is considered that untypical.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is all slightly hard to break down because what would have been the equivalent transfer fees for Bergkamp, Henry, Wiltord in today's money? Now I don't want to go there with a silly comparison with Wenger, because he was on a different planet at his peak with Petit, Anelka, and quite a few others, but if we look at typical squad costs in football today I don't believe 300m is considered that untypical.

Yeah, that's fair. I wouldn't for the like of me pretend that Wenger never spent anything. Even for back then paying the amount of money for Henry after being average at Juve was a huge risk.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
On the other hand,Stoke is last in Championship

giphy.gif

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I can't support City anymore to win the title, with all their oil money. That's the reason other clubs can't challenge for the title anymore.

3 in a row would be horrible for the league. I don't want Liverpool to win games too, but if they play another fantastic season, they fully deserve it.

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
You know nothing about your own club.

390M (pounds, that is). In 3 summers.

+ 110M the season he took over from October(the likes of Firmino).

Ridiculous money.
Oh so now we are going to include the 80 mil the club spent before he even came in? 32 mil of that was on Benteke ffs. Klopp would have never gone for him had he been in charge. Since he came in we have spent 360 mil, so yeah I stand corrected. Still nowhere near the 400 mil you predicted.
Everton, Arsenal and United have spent more, and they are nowhere near us. Arsenal and United especially, had better squads then we did as well when Klopp took over. Our manager has done a stunning job.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Pep already had great players when he came to City.He spent big on the players he needed and improved some of them.How many players Klopp chnaged since he came to Liverpool ? Almost whole squad.
So what? That still doesn't change the fact both clubs have significantly to build they squad they want.

I'm really not trying to knock Klopp or Liverpool. They've done fantastic work to get where they are. But spending big money has been a huge part of their success as well, there's no denying that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This narrative kinda makes Pep look brilliant tho if he managed to improve a lot of the players that were already at City...

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Because he used the team he had in front of him to do it. He effectively moved players around on a board and created a better team. He made big decisions and got them right.
Yeah, thats fine. Its fantastic business and decision making by the club to raise the funds. There's no denying that. All I'm saying is that the capital invested in new players has been significant and has played a big part in their success.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh so now we are going to include the 80 mil the club spent before he even came in? 32 mil of that was on Benteke ffs. Klopp would have never gone for him had he been in charge. Since he came in we have spent 360 mil, so yeah I stand corrected. Still nowhere near the 400 mil you predicted.
Everton, Arsenal and United have spent more, and they are nowhere near us. Arsenal and United especially, had better squads then we did as well when Klopp took over. Our manager has done a stunning job.

What a joke you are, ****ting on Benteke, when you got 30M(?) for him from Palace, yet you gloat about you spending less than those teams.

Couldn't make it up :rofl: :Celebration:

Also I included the likes of Firmino in that 400M estimate. It was merely a look at how much you paid for your current players. Firmino has only been at Liverpool 2 months longer than Klopp ffs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Burnley need to get relegated bad football manager and club refusing to buy talented players from aboard manager moan about other teams diving when his players play dirty. Just f**k off to championship

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
So what? That still doesn't change the fact both clubs have significantly to build they squad they want.

I'm really not trying to knock Klopp or Liverpool. They've done fantastic work to get where they are. But spending big money has been a huge part of their success as well, there's no denying that.

And which big club don't spend big money nowdays ? If they wants results,they need to spend.But if you look history of both managers,you will see that Pep came to top teams and made some changes.Barca was in peak under him and Bayern was not so great in Europe.

While Klopp did much more in his clubs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No club apart from City can spend 60M on a fullback who’s a rotation player.

Rodri and Bernardo Silva are two of the best midfielders in the world and they’re not even certain to start every week.

Pep for me is the overrated manager, the depth they have is so ridiculous winning the league should be par for the course.

He’s been humiliated three years in a row in one off games in the CL. I figured him out after Utd stopped them winning the league in the derby a couple of years back. Average tactician.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
This narrative kinda makes Pep look brilliant tho if he managed to improve a lot of the players that were already at City...

Do you also think that Matip,Robertson,Alexandre Arnold and almost whole Liverpool's midfield would be so good under some other manager ?

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom