• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday 23rd December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Liverpool-Arsenal.png

Screenshot-20231219-092754.png

Screenshot-20231219-092809.png

Screenshot-20231219-092831.png

Screenshot-20231219-092913.png

Screenshot-20231219-093004.png

Screenshot-20231219-092930.png

Screenshot-20231219-093024.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

GoonerJay24

Still feel we lack confidence to impose and play our football at Anfield. We use to with Wengers teams but Arteta struggles with this.

I'd take a draw. The team needs to be defensively compact and disciplined throughout; deny them space in behind where they're most dangerous.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It wasn't Arteta last season, we all know who it was.
Some might even argue that this quarrel with TAA cost us title, had we won there everything would be different mentally.
We can only speculate.
or Saka's pen miss @ west ham, or the VAR where they forgot to draw the lines, or Tomi slip when we were playing well at home to City or the Saliba Injury.....

HattoriHanzo

or Saka's pen miss @ west ham, or the VAR where they forgot to draw the lines, or Tomi slip when we were playing well at home to City or the Saliba Injury.....
Nothing can compare with win at Anfield, especially in circumstances like last season.
Easter, first at table 9 matches before the end, perfect 40 minutes, 2:0 lead.
And then Xhaka steps in and we disappear last 50 minutes.
Ramsdale saved us 1 point then.
Had we won there, our mentality would be at stratospheric levels.

When was last time Arsenal win there?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
We're long due a win at Anfield. Used to be we couldn't lose there, think like six years at Anfield without a loss in the league (or any other competition if it weren't for Kuyt's ref cousin).

Polar opposite since Klopp took over but I don't rate them that highly this season plus that revolting gimp Firmino is gone.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It wasn't Arteta last season, we all know who it was.
Some might even argue that this quarrel with TAA cost us title, had we won there everything would be different mentally.
We can only speculate.
I'm speaking more generally. Arteta has a penchant for that kinda stuff.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Salah the obvious worry in this one with Diaz looking a bit out of form and Nunez is usually average. They won't have MacAllister and Gravenberch will they? We should dominate midfield if that's the case. Endo has looked ****e and Trent isn't really a midfielder.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Nothing can compare with win at Anfield, especially in circumstances like last season.
Easter, first at table 9 matches before the end, perfect 40 minutes, 2:0 lead.
And then Xhaka steps in and we disappear last 50 minutes
Ramsdale saved us 1 point then.
Had we won there, our mentality would be at stratospheric levels.

When was last time Arsenal win there?
Fair points, but we just don't know as you say. City went on a mind-boggling run, Gündogan's form in the run-in was as hot as the sun. Saliba was a monumental loss, I think that's where it was lost.

Fabregasm

We got previously screwed once when Arteta riled up Anfield by clashing with Klopp and last season was infamous Xhaka stupid challenge. Need to keep this controlled and not challenge the atmosphere to give them any lift

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Their United game was one of the dumbest games of football I've seen for ages. If it's anything like that Arteta's head will explode, he loves control too much for that nonsense.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Liverpool fans aren't as positive about their match vs. us as they used to be. Reckon we can go there and win.

As of right now they are better than us imo. The gap might not be that big but they are playing better football. Obviously a lot can change until the end of the season though. We still don’t really know what our best midfield is etc.
But it shouldn’t be hard to admit they are good and playing good football too.
Best team in the league at the moment - no doubt. Would be nice for us to be top at christmas, but I just dont see us beating Arsenal on saturday
I wouldnt go that far, our forwards are still so hit and miss, a bit like yours yesterday. Rest of the team is clicking, but like you we dont seem to know when its the right time to pull the trigger.
Arsenal have to win it this year. To fall off a cliff like they did last year, they’ve been given a wonderful set of circumstances for a second crack at it with City being off the pace. They’re favourites if their squad can juggle two competitions in March and their keepers don’t start throwing them in.
They'll be confident coming into this game. They dont have the same free flowing attack but we have gaps to exploit and they seem to have matured defensively, Rice has taken them up a level or two in that sense and last time I looked he hadn't even picked up a single booking.

I hope them not just sitting back will benefit us but right now we look so clueless in attack.
I'd like to hold my hands up and say I was wrong about Rice costing them 3x what he should've. Arsenal now look like they have the best defence in the league thanks to having a monster sat in front of their back four. Fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom