• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid Club de Futbol

KY

Established Member
Not really a link but thought would be an interesting topic to discuss.
<a class="postlink" href="http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6104812,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football365.com/story/0,17033,86 ... 12,00.html</a>

Who on the fringes of the Madrid team would make a good signing?

I wouldn't mind resigning Diarra (although he was such a b***h the last time). Metzelder wouldn't be bad and he would fit into arsenals profile! permanently crocked! Benzema would be interesting either but we dont seem to need another striker. Even Granero would be an interesting midfield option.

And on the off chance, Kaka would be a GREAT signing. He's not been shining for Real and been on the fringes of the first team lately...(mostly because of injury but hey! 8)) )

KY

Established Member
Oh, and I forgot about the other Diarra, Mahamadou, who would be a pretty great midfield enforcer for us if he gets over his injury problems. :)

Raider

Established Member
Metzelder will leave his club Real Madrid after his contract runs out on 30 June 2010.

Lovely.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I would spent 50m on Kaka and Benzema, maybe add another 10 for Diarra.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Metzelder would be good to replace gallas of he goes. I'd still want to bring in cahill tho.

Bet we get dudek

goonercannons

There are a few reports that Guti is likely to leave. I wouldn't mind him on the bench as hes spains fourth talented CM after Xavi, Cesc and Iniesta. He has been realy good coming off the bench saw him comming on at the classico a provided a great through ball for Van der Vaart to mess up which could of changed the match. Also wouldn't be bad as a back up for cesc.

KY

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Wenger has stated before that he likes guti. Years back mind

He'll be a liability though despite his creativity. Doesn't track back or do any defensive work. Can't be any more than an impact sub which I don't think he'll settle for. He's also another prima donna...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Van Der Vaart, Gago, Drenthe. Any of them would be great for our team.

Van Der Vaart would be a first teamer (probably sending Nasri on the bench) as he is having great performances during Kaka absence and I believe Gago would complement Cesc's play superbly.

Drenthe is good as squad player, but Metzelder is too injury prone and you cannot rely on him to have any influence.

If Wenger signs one of VDV or Gago, I'll be very happy with that.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Van Der Vaart would have no place in our team. Plus he's been great in recent months so I doubt they'll offload.

Guti is a c**t in all honesty. He'd get eaten alive in the PL.

yakso

KY said:
est said:
Raider said:
Madrid aren't fools.
:lol:

80 million for ronaldo, 50 for kaka and 30 for benzema for one trophyless season begs to differ...

:lol:

Selling Sneijder and Robben for peanuts and watch their team reach the semi-final of the CL and RM crashing out at the first knock-out round begs to differ as well.

KingReyes

Established Member
The first player that comes to mind is Lassana Diarra. Why did we let go of him in the first place? Another poor decision by Wenger

patrick42uk

Established Member
fabo said:
Van Der Vaart would have no place in our team. Plus he's been great in recent months so I doubt they'll offload.

Guti is a c**t in all honesty. He'd get eaten alive in the PL.

Is that because you dont feel VDV is good enough to get in our team or because we have too many midfielders? I'd hope the latter isnt an excuse anymore. If theres someone better than what we have available, then make room.

Lazaq

KingReyes said:
The first player that comes to mind is Lassana Diarra. Why did we let go of him in the first place? Another poor decision by Wenger
I don't think he was sold willingly though, was he?. Wenger bought him because Chelsea was giving us a deal too good to refuse. And when Flamini had the season of a lifetime (probably), Diarra moaned his way out of the club. He desperately wanted playing time because of the WC - that's why he left Chelsea - and was probably being too much of a pain in the ass for Wenger to be able to keep him. I don't believe he'd been sold if Flamini hadn't made himself undroppable.

est

He was an impatient ****. Flamini was first choice and Diarra wanted to play. Arsène should have waited for Flamini to sign an extention before letting Lassana go, though.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom