• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid Club de Futbol

Glovegun

Established Member
Diarra's a little ****. No thanks.

Cant say Ive seen Metzelder play much football recently to be honest. Im sure hes good but he'll be thirty in the summer and I doubt he'll want to come here just for a one-year deal.

I like the look of Ezequial Garay though. One of those hard Argentine b******s.

fabo

6.51 / 10
patrick42uk said:
Is that because you dont feel VDV is good enough to get in our team or because we have too many midfielders? I'd hope the latter isnt an excuse anymore. If theres someone better than what we have available, then make room.

He's quality but Cesc is better.

Surely not suitable for the 3rd CM position or a wing forward role?

KY

Established Member
VDV is good but he's a bit of a conundrum. He was awesome when he was the fulcrum of the Hamburg team as well as the Real team now when Kaka is out. But stick him on the wing as Real did when Kaka is fit and he's absolute pants. He needs the license to roam and do what he wants. Otherwise he's just as useless as Rosicky or Hleb.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
We should have signed VDV before this season. We would have done a great deal like Inter with Sneijder and Bayern with Robben. Now Madrid will keep him or make him very expensive.

abz_14

No one here likes the look of Higuain then? Think he would be a welcome addition to the squad to be fair, especially if the rumours of Eduardo leaving are true! Could be the fox in the box we have needed for so long!!

At a push though, I think VdV would leave given the chance to move to a team which would allow him to be a starter. Especially if he looks at his countrymen (Sneijder and Robben) and thier successes in their new teams.

I think a 40 million bid for Kaka would be enough to see him want to leave. It is so obvious to see he doesnt like playing second fiddle to Ronaldo-he wants to be the star attraction in the team! Saying that, Manchester City are probably the only team willing to pay his wages and his transfer fee!

KY

Established Member
Higuain is to Real what Zlatan is to Barcelona. He's been knocking them in this season like a cheap whore...

No way is he considered a cast off

Anzac

Established Member
Could be even more interesting if they decided to offload Benzema.............

...............and I notice also that the budget has increased to 60m............

abz_14

Lord Dula said:
No way they will seel Higuain

To be fair, Perez would hate to know that one of the better players in Reals team was bought by his number one rival. I am sure Perez is only waiting for Higuain to make a mistake and use that as a means to sell him.

Still though, a 20 million offer might just tempt them-especially if rumours of a transfer for David Villa are true. I mean how many 20million plus strikers can you have in a team!!!

fabo

6.51 / 10
I can definitely see Higuain going to City next season.

He's had a great year but wants a pay-rise to be up with the likes of Ronaldo and Kaka and apparently there's some tension there.

Anzac

Established Member
abz_14 said:
Lord Dula said:

To be fair, Perez would hate to know that one of the better players in Reals team was bought by his number one rival. I am sure Perez is only waiting for Higuain to make a mistake and use that as a means to sell him.

Still though, a 20 million offer might just tempt them-especially if rumours of a transfer for David Villa are true. I mean how many 20million plus strikers can you have in a team!!!

If Real make a bid / sign any of Villa / Rooney I'd make a quick off for either Higuain or Benzema - likewise if they wanted to offload Kaka / VDV or Gago.

Bugger it - if we got some genuine quality I'd be tempted to change formation to accomadate them into the team.

wellington

Anzac said:
abz_14 said:
Lord Dula said:

If Real make a bid / sign any of Villa / Rooney I'd make a quick off for either Higuain or Benzema - likewise if they wanted to offload Kaka / VDV or Gago.

Bugger it - if we got some genuine quality I'd be tempted to change formation to accomadate them into the team.
That's the most likely scenario I reckon: - Real sign Villa, and we pick up Benzema, who will be looking for a top club, but one where he will be first choice. And obviously, good cultural fit.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
wellington said:
Anzac said:
abz_14 said:

That's the most likely scenario I reckon: - Real sign Villa, and we pick up Benzema, who will be looking for a top club, but one where he will be first choice. And obviously, good cultural fit.

No way we will get Benzema. Real will want to get at least 30m from him. He is more likely to end up at ManU/ManCity or shamelessly go back to Lyon on loan, than come to us. If Vidic or Rooney go to Madrid, he may be used as part of an exchange deal.

Although we're holding hopes that there will be big players coming in this summer, I am very suspect that Wenger will change his approach to bringing new players. He will use his usual excuses of "preventing the development of his young players".

We will probably get aoneCB and a keeper. A defensive mid is a distant possibility. This with Chamakh already in the bag.

wellington

albakos said:
No way we will get Benzema. Real will want to get at least 30m from him. He is more likely to end up at ManU/ManCity or shamelessly go back to Lyon on loan, than come to us. If Vidic or Rooney go to Madrid, he may be used as part of an exchange deal.
Although we're holding hopes that there will be big players coming in this summer, I am very suspect that Wenger will change his approach to bringing new players. He will use his usual excuses of "preventing the development of his young players".
We will probably get aoneCB and a keeper. A defensive mid is a distant possibility. This with Chamakh already in the bag.
I agree. I mean most likely scenario for us to get a Real player.

thegame24

Established Member
ugh I hate that get in the way of development excuse, if you are good enough you make it.

Benzema, Higuain, Kaka and Diarra are the ones who can get in the team. I wish.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
thegame24 said:
ugh I hate that get in the way of development excuse, if you are good enough you make it.

Benzema, Higuain, Kaka and Diarra are the ones who can get in the team. I wish.

Relax.

Maybe you're looking at your Cesc avatar a bit too much and getting pumped up :D

Wenger will use that excuse once again. I lost any hope of Wenger signing major players, when he declined bring new players after 2007/08 players.
We were so close to getting the title and in that summer he let in three experienced midfielders leave without proper replacement.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Getting either Mamadou Diarra or Gago would be great. Metzelder is interesting, but he hasn't played a match in months. How reliable of a signing could he be? Either Benzema or Higuain would great, but I would put that at very unlikely. Signing Dudek to be the backup for Szczesny next season would be interesting though.

Also I don't think Arsène will use the excuse about not signing players because it stands in the way of other players development this off season. Throughout the entire season we obviously were lacking in squad depth, and the young players that needed to step up did not. We obviously need more players just for depth, but we also need them to compete for a starting spot because some young players did not take their chances when they were given to them.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom