• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Simone Zaza

RandyMarsh

Established Member
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-transfer-rumour-mill-arsenal-22m-simone-zaza

Gotta laugh really. We make our initial moves for this guy on Deadline Day, after the Italian window has closed.. then decide oh well we'll try again in January!

How about making a move for him a week before DD so you don't have to then wait 4 months until you can make your second move! Especially knowing Welbeck's injury. Leaving it until the last minute to go for this guy is just so incompetent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-transfer-rumour-mill-arsenal-22m-simone-zaza

Gotta laugh really. We make our initial moves for this guy on Deadline Day, after the Italian window has closed.. then decide oh well we'll try again in January!

How about making a move for him a week before DD so you don't have to then wait 4 months until you can make your second move! Especially knowing Welbeck's injury. Leaving it until the last minute to go for this guy is just so incompetent.
yep so many mistakes sadly. Yes Juve have many strikers at their club Mandzukic Morata and Dybala but they not gonna sell us Zaza in last day of the market we should have moved to him early.

Malky

Established Member
Not better than Giroud?

Watch him receive the ball with his back to goal, turn, evade s defender, shoot and score:

When was the last time we saw Giroud do that. Have we ever?

Also, look at the pace on the man!

Sorry, Juve fan, but I disagree with you. I've seen Zaza play, and he is fast, strong and instinctive. He has tons of potential as a top striker.
Has Zaza as much potential as Morata though? I personally think we should of thrown a big amount at them (for Morata) before his release clause kicks in next summer and Real take him back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Has Zaza as much potential as Morata though? I personally think we should of thrown a big amount at them (for Morata) before his release clause kicks in next summer and Real take him back.

Been mentioned a few times, signing Morata before his clause kicks in, but surely Real must have protected themselves in such a scenario? First refusal for example.

bianconero

Not better than Giroud?

Watch him receive the ball with his back to goal, turn, evade s defender, shoot and score:

When was the last time we saw Giroud do that. Have we ever?

Also, look at the pace on the man!

Sorry, Juve fan, but I disagree with you. I've seen Zaza play, and he is fast, strong and instinctive. He has tons of potential as a top striker.

youtube will make every striker world class....i watched zaza last season not on youtube, he maybe scored 4-5 goals from jan till end of season...

US_Gooner

Established Member
Been mentioned a few times, signing Morata before his clause kicks in, but surely Real must have protected themselves in such a scenario? First refusal for example.
Given the circumstances, it might have been useful to force their hand in that move, if they have one.

Hegemony

Anyone here who would've been happy with this signing? I would have been a bit confused, he's not the elusive 'top top' quality signing we craved. An unknown lad from Serie A, who didn't deliver as good numbers as Giroud, and has been described by a Juventus fan as not as good as Giroud.
Admit it, guys. Everyone would of slagged off Arsenal if we had signed this guy. Not what we needed.

blaze_of_glory

I think this was a last minute thing due to Welbeck needing his operation. Insurance in case other forwards go down. May well have just sat on the bench and then had to have been shipped out in the next couple of years. Who can really know though.

Definitely runs counter the whole "only top signings" narrative though if Wenger really wanted him for the long term.

nicky47

Established Member
Anyone here who would've been happy with this signing? I would have been a bit confused, he's not the elusive 'top top' quality signing we craved. An unknown lad from Serie A, who didn't deliver as good numbers as Giroud, and has been described by a Juventus fan as not as good as Giroud.
Admit it, guys. Everyone would of slagged off Arsenal if we had signed this guy. Not what we needed.
Some people were cocking their noses up at the likes of Higuain and Abuameyang at the start of the window! In the end people seemed happy with almost anyone... To be fair, I think people just wanted some competition upfront knowing that now Welbeck is out for some time.

Hegemony

Some people were cocking their noses up at the likes of Higuain and Abuameyang at the start of the window! In the end people seemed happy with almost anyone... To be fair, I think people just wanted some competition upfront knowing that now Welbeck is out for some time.

Fair point. No doubt before Welbeck's injury we were weak upfront. Now we've got even less options. A striker is definitely needed

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am sure we asked for a loan deal nothing more..
And I dont believe it was on a deadline say we decided 'oh, lets get him'.
Its media that brainwashes us fans and makes us hate everyone at a club. So stupid

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dimarzio is very reliable though, doesn't BS.

I think we waited on a domino effect and ended up looking like mugs. So we scrambled for Zaza and failed.

Makes you question Wenger and his top top quality nonsense if this is the magical striker that a whole summer of scouting and working 24/7 found. We didn't even get him in the end anyway *laughing emoticon*.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

He's not too **** to be honest, but he's not exactly a huge upgrade on Giroud.

There's a lack of quality strikers in the market at the moment. You probably did the wiser thing by waiting it out as frustrating as it sounds rather than blowing 36m on a random kid from Monaco.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom