• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takehiro Tomiyasu: Takehiro Today, Injured Tomorrow

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tomi, ESR, Partey, Jesus, Zinchenko. How many proven injury prone players do you want in the squad?
It's just not possible to get rid of all the injury-prone players etc. in one window, or even a few. And Arsenal doesn't want to sell them before giving them a chance, and that chance includes that their value would become high enough again to sell them for what their level is really worth.

My assumption is that Partey and ESR will be sold next summer. Or maybe Nelson instead of ESR if they want to give him one more year to up his value. Nelson has been a bit injury-prone too. Or both if they go ruthless.

It would mean that only Jesus, Zinchenko and Tomiyasu are injury-prone. In a 24-25 player squad it's totally fine. All of them would be in a lesser role next season, which can ease the work load. Timber is back next season, and was supposed to help this season already, so there will be more defensive depth if they buy even one more defender.

drippin

It can be both.
AM:

crushed noo GIF

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel like even if the club thinks he’s past the worst there’s no guarantee with his type of injuries.

Not that long ago where Ramsey would come back, look good then go out again for a month or two with a muscle injury.

Just think he’s another one of those guys where he’s too good to simply cut loose but not consistently fit enough to play when you need him.

Mraven

Feel like even if the club thinks he’s past the worst there’s no guarantee with his type of injuries.

Not that long ago where Ramsey would come back, look good then go out again for a month or two with a muscle injury.

Just think he’s another one of those guys where he’s too good to simply cut loose but not consistently fit enough to play when you need him.

Now that Kiwior is performing he’s not gonna be in the starting lineup, and with Timber he will be even further down the queue.

He’s more like an injury prone Elnenny on 100k pr week

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Now that Kiwior is performing he’s not gonna be in the starting lineup, and with Timber he will be even further down the queue.

He’s more like an injury prone Elnenny on 100k pr week

And then if Kiwior gets injured or suspended you can guarantee Tomiyasu will go down.

Tnegs

I would wager that there is a considerable commercial factor in this renewal. Asia fans tend to support teams that have players from their country in them. For example guess which PL team in the most popular in S.Korea? Hint : they are **** and they have a severe allergy to winning trophies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would wager that there is a considerable commercial factor in this renewal. Asia fans tend to support teams that have players from their country in them. For example guess which PL team in the most popular in S.Korea? Hint : they are **** and they have a severe allergy to winning trophies.
It makes me feel physically sick to say but Tomi is nowhere near the marketing profile of Son, so I'm not sure how many Arsenal kits he's moving in Japan. I don't think there's some kind of swell in Japanese viewership and support on Tomi's behalf. He's too quiet and shy for that. Someone like Mitoma might maybe move the needle to that extent but the Son example is incomparable IMO. Here in Gotham I would say that if I see someone wearing a Spud kit, at least 60% of the time they're Korean and have Son on the back. I've never seen anyone with a Tomiyasu kit and if I see someone of Asian descent in our kit, they've got Saka or Ødegaard on the back.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
A sellable asset for sure for sure

Although I’d prefer if we kept the squad as it is minus partey through the summer

rotateta

I may cut and paste my previous message about two of tomi's injuries being as a result of being rushed back too soon, not by us but by Japan!

Understandable really when he is such a key player for them in two key tournaments. Asia cup will always be mid season but world cup being mid season an anomaly.

See how he does when fit again and for ourselves to manage his return to full minutes.

You cannot write off a player of his quality and versatility so quickly, we are a much weaker squad without him.

fute

It makes me feel physically sick to say but Tomi is nowhere near the marketing profile of Son, so I'm not sure how many Arsenal kits he's moving in Japan. I don't think there's some kind of swell in Japanese viewership and support on Tomi's behalf. He's too quiet and shy for that. Someone like Mitoma might maybe move the needle to that extent but the Son example is incomparable IMO. Here in Gotham I would say that if I see someone wearing a Spud kit, at least 60% of the time they're Korean and have Son on the back. I've never seen anyone with a Tomiyasu kit and if I see someone of Asian descent in our kit, they've got Saka or Ødegaard on the back.

Son is a good player (Yeah, I know, blasphemy lol).

If Tomi played regularly like Endo for Pool ( captain of the Japan team), then maybe, but would still be a big stretch to have the appeal of Son and his years of playing in the PL.

Tomi's extension might be more pragmatic. He is a reserve, spot starter. Players cost money, even players just to sit the bench. City does it, but they have 100+ charges. They know what they are getting with Tomi and he is effective whenever he is healthy.

drippin

Tomi not been called for Japan next international games.

Likely we told them he not fit yet.
Aren't they friendlies anyway?

I assume the Japan national team also at this point realizes that it's better for them to get Tomiyasu fit, rather than injured constantly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aren't they friendlies anyway?

I assume the Japan national team also at this point realizes that it's better for them to get Tomiyasu fit, rather than injured constantly.
no japan will play world cup qualifiers but they shouldn't have problems anyway their squad is stacked

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom