• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze80

Established Member
appiah's done. obviously the clubs know something that the public doesn't. Sp**s thought it preferable to spend 15m on palacios than bring in appiah on a free. every other club in the world has passed on him as well - he's clearly not fit.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, but i see Palacios as more of a wide player (even though he has played central in the past) and Appiah more of a DCM or box-to-box player..

although, if his knee is still f*ed, then yeah, he's done..

KY

Established Member
Always thought Palacios as a creative wide player too but at wigan he's been mostly played as a box to box central midfielder.

Appiah's knee? was it a problem before? Why did fenerbahce released him anyways? i don't think it was becaue his contract was up was it?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, saw something about it..

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7569241.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 569241.stm</a>

hackajack

Established Member
KY said:
Always thought Palacios as a creative wide player too but at wigan he's been mostly played as a box to box central midfielder.
He was on trial at Arsenal as a fullback. Maybe kudos to Bruce.

kamikaze80

Established Member
he seems pretty versatile, doesnt he? he couldve been a heckuva squad player for us. think about it, we couldve signed palacios for peanuts and sold eboue.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
he seems pretty versatile, doesnt he? he couldve been a heckuva squad player for us. think about it, we couldve signed palacios for peanuts and sold eboue.

Indeed. Wenger is really confusing sometimes.

Biggus

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:

To Tottenham.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Biggus said:
kamikaze80 said:
To Tottenham.
i like the way you operate. you and i should be running the club.

[not really]

Anzac

Established Member
Pleased as h*ll that we got a class player to add creativity & vitality to our attack. A bit disappointed it took so long & would have preferred him earlier. I know he wouldn't have started our matches during Jan, but he'd be almost ready to have more of an impact now instead of waiting another 2-3 matches for match fitness.

I also feel like the job was only half done in regards to our midfield - no solutions to the issues that have plagued us to date.

Captain

Established Member
We now have five top class players in the first team. Two who are potentially top class and one other who is not quite top class because he is so unreliable. A couple of promising youngsters after that.

The defensive side of the game is still a bit ropey when you think that the first choice goalkeeper and CB partnership could be improved greatly but things are looking alot better with just signing of Arshavin and returns from injury.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I can already imagine the dislike Palacios would get on this board. He's a jack of all trades, and a master of none, some will say.

Zico

Established Member
Captain said:
We now have five top class players in the first team. Two who are potentially top class and one other who is not quite top class because he is so unreliable. A couple of promising youngsters after that.

I would actually say you are underestimating the number of quality players we have:

Defense: Clichy, Gallas, Sagna
Midfield: Fabregas, Nasri
Attack: Arshavin, van Persie

Looks like 7 to me. And then guys like Eduardo and Adebayor can also do a job.

Biggus

Established Member
Captain said:

The defensive side of the game is still a bit ropey when you think that the first choice goalkeeper and CB partnership could be improved greatly but things are looking alot better with just signing of Arshavin and returns from injury.

Ahem, we're still all fur coat and no panties.

Anzac

Established Member
KY said:
Anzac said:
Biggus said:
Ahem, we're still all fur coat and no panties.

just the way I like 'em then.......... :wink:

Unless "we're" is a guy... or do you go for that kinda stuff?

:shock: h*ll no - but then again I guess some of our lot like to prance around like a bunch of tarts - you know - seemingly all for the money & not for the passion........ :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom