• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The most overrated players.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Sakho, Lloris, Bellerin, Xabi Alonso (slightly over the years, he can be a defensive liability), Douglas Costa, not sure if Ramsey is still rated, Danny Rose.

Sure there are more.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Alonso was never THAT great in England for me. Fabregas was alot better in the same period.

BBF

I always felt like Barzagli was the brains behind their defence. Proper old school defender, and yet you have Fifa players going on about how Thiago Silva's been the best CB in the world for years etc etc.

David Smith

Established Member
Vidic, lucky to have Ferdinand beside him to carry him and a world class goalkeeper behind him. His "passion" and toughness makes people think he was actually world class defender. He was lucky United had Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Ronaldo and Van Persie throughout his time there so they could be ruthless going forward.

Also got exposed by Torres, Adebayor, Agbonlahor, Drogba and several others on more than one occasion.

:lol: I always looked at it the other way round. I saw Ferdinand as the one always being overrated and I thought he was lucky to have Vidic carry him.

dysphoria

Established Member
****ing almost every "big" name is overrated because of these fifa ****s and youtubers, people brandish the 'world class' tag like if they know what that really means, if everyone **** was world class, we'd have teams going unbeaten every other season.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Vidic was still a very good defender--nobody's saying he was a fraud. Just probably 70% of what he was made out to be imo. It's not a dig--it was still a great partnership.
Vidic at his peak was one of best defenders I've seen in the epl. He didn't have near the longevity of Ferdinand, he started off a bit of a mess and didn't last near as long, but at his best I'd have him over Rio any day. Torres aside, the lad was unbreakable for a couple seasons.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom