• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Saudi Football Revolution

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Also his contract at Liverpool was up in 2025. I very much doubt they would have extended it and kept him around, so he’d probably end up in a mid-table or cannon fodder relegation team scrapping it out every weekend.

He basically confirmed that they wouldn't and told him he was not going to play.

Then he was like play for midtable or try something completely new and he picked the latter.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There is a strong bias in the media in the west that's all I get from this palaver. I think some of his words made it worse, but he shouldn't have had to explain himself in the first place. It's very tekky.

It’s very weird. I noticed there wasn’t really that much outcry from when Steven Gerrard moved there as they probably know he’s washed as a manager or not much is being said about Newcastle’s owners right now.

Just an assumption but I think it’s Henderson still being selected in the England team whilst playing over there which is burning them, I could be way off the mark.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

It’s very weird. I noticed there wasn’t really that much outcry from when Steven Gerrard moved there as they probably know he’s washed as a manager or not much is being said about Newcastle’s owners right now.

Just an assumption but I think it’s Henderson still being selected in the England team whilst playing over there which is burning them, I could be way off the mark.

I think it's mostly because Henderson did speak up for certain leftist agendas (all good saying I'm not a politician now). If it was clear he was about his bread from day then he might have gone in peace.

We won't know until another English international goes over there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He basically confirmed that they wouldn't and told him he was not going to play.

Then he was like play for midtable or try something completely new and he picked the latter.

Makes sense. I’d definitely choose the latter too or just retire at the top similar to Zidane.

Players like Rio Ferdinand, John Terry etc who made the move from the top to a mid table/relegation scrap didn’t really stick around there for too long before calling it quits. No need to tarnish your legacy.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Has anyone been following this league and the games? Are they televised regularly, etc etc?

I feel like Lionel Messi made the best decision possible here. He's the most famous person on earth, went to the US, and still lives in anonymity while potentially blowing MLS up into a legitimate league for us when Apple buys ESPN. I'd vote for him for president if he were eligible to run. :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Henderson still had riches that would last many lifetimes. I understand his reasoning for moving, more wants more and all that, I just think there is a certain point of richness where it for me becomes disgusting. But then again I’m a leftie and will probably die poor in a sack of potatoes
Don't know about sack of potatoes but how are you a leftie. You're conflating all Saudi clubs with their government but wouldn't do the same for any European club whose governments have committed loads of atrocities themselves

Then the dodgy comments about Africans looking the same etc, you're as leftist as the racist clubs you keep twerking for

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Don't know about sack of potatoes but how are you a leftie. You're conflating all Saudi clubs with their government but wouldn't do the same for any European club whose governments have committed loads of atrocities themselves

Then the dodgy comments about Africans looking the same etc, you're as leftist as the racist clubs you keep twerking for

No I know that there are only four state backed Saudi clubs. elfeqati, nassr, hilal and ahli

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

At the end of the day, football has become business. We can marvel at the beautiful game, but it is largely driven by the finances. We might decry this, but our club is near the top of the pinnacle, and we cannot hide from that fact either.

The Saudis are obviously using sport to their political advantage, and money talks. As most other things, your views on this will depend on whether you are a cultural relativist or otherwise.

For my part, UEFA should fight the corner of European football, and that means protecting the European leagues. That is to the benefit of European fans and clubs, and there is no way that should be sold down the river.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

At the end of the day, football has become business. We can marvel at the beautiful game, but it is largely driven by the finances. We might decry this, but our club is near the top of the pinnacle, and we cannot hide from that fact either.

The Saudis are obviously using sport to their political advantage, and money talks. As most other things, your views on this will depend on whether you are a cultural relativist or otherwise.

For my part, UEFA should fight the corner of European football, and that means protecting the European leagues. That is to the benefit of European fans and clubs, and there is no way that should be sold down the river.
Protectionism is anti capitalism. Uefa will do what makes best business and its to embrace the Saudis. Let’s be honest. European football has gone stale and it’s the same teams late stage in the CL every year. The Saudis this year has brought a lot of excitement to football

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Picking a country at random is racism?
We got our own stormfront in Sweden in flashback. Where you can use the n word and spout anything racist without a problem. I was in Sweden earlier this year and Sweden has really changed. I remember when SD was joke and now legit party that will soon run the country

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
We got our own stormfront in Sweden in flashback. Where you can use the n word and spout anything racist without a problem. I was in Sweden earlier this year and Sweden has really changed. I remember when SD was joke and now legit party that will soon run the country

Yeah SDs rise is very uncomfortable, no doubt. And this is without them succeeding in making them selves “cleaner” to the public, every other week you hear about one of the higher ups in that party doing something racist it feels.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Protectionism is anti capitalism. Uefa will do what makes best business and its to embrace the Saudis. Let’s be honest. European football has gone stale and it’s the same teams late stage in the CL every year. The Saudis this year has brought a lot of excitement to football
Did they? I don't think anyone cares all that much about the Saudi league. Watching CR7 be gifted 2 phantom penalties a match isn't entertaining or exciting. There's years of tape of Kane at Sp*rs if I want to watch something like that. I don't really care one way or the other about them throwing money around, that's their right.

I do care about football as an institution and there is no doubt that football will be hurt if UEFA get in bed with them because it naturally has to be the death of FFP. You can't have Saudi Clubs (or any club for that matter) throwing billions at players with no revenue and maintain FFP. If UEFA decide to go down that route, we may as well just have had Florentino's Super League because that's the natural progression. It's the death of the football pyramid as we know it once that happens and if you think people are bored with the same teams late in the CL every year, wait until it's the 4 richest Saudi Clubs, Chelsea, United, City and PSG every single year because that's what will happen if they go down this path.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Did they? I don't think anyone cares all that much about the Saudi league. Watching CR7 be gifted 2 phantom penalties a match isn't entertaining or exciting. There's years of tape of Kane at Sp*rs if I want to watch something like that. I don't really care one way or the other about them throwing money around, that's their right.

I do care about football as an institution and there is no doubt that football will be hurt if UEFA get in bed with them because it naturally has to be the death of FFP. You can't have Saudi Clubs (or any club for that matter) throwing billions at players with no revenue and maintain FFP. If UEFA decide to go down that route, we may as well just have had Florentino's Super League because that's the natural progression. It's the death of the football pyramid as we know it once that happens and if you think people are bored with the same teams late in the CL every year, wait until it's the 4 richest Saudi Clubs, Chelsea, United, City and PSG every single year because that's what will happen if they go down this path.

Football died long time ago and if any country deserve blame for it it’s England. Take saudi out, English clubs have soo much compared to rest of Europe that it’s simply not sustainable. Outside of the pl and Saudi. Top 10 leagues in Europe has positive net spend last window. Everyone sold more than they bought while the PL spent 1.3 billion more than they sold for. You have Nottingham Forrest picking up PSV best player after they qualified for the CL like it’s nothing. We already have one super league in Europe and that’s the PL

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Football died long time ago and if any country deserve blame for it it’s England. Take saudi out, English clubs have soo much compared to rest of Europe that it’s simply not sustainable. Outside of the pl and Saudi. Top 10 leagues in Europe has positive net spend last window. Everyone sold more than they bought while the PL spent 1.3 billion more than they sold for. You have Nottingham Forrest picking up PSV best player after they qualified for the CL like it’s nothing. We already have one super league in Europe and that’s the PL
Right but if you let the Saudis into the CL you would have to get rid of FFP. This isn't about it being Saudi. It would be the same if the Chinese had kept up their spending or if all of a sudden MLS had millions for transfer fees. The point is that it is still possible for teams like Luton to rise to the PL level and drastically change their fortunes. What would happen to European football if they let the Saudi league into the CL would destroy it entirely because they would have to scrap FFP. There's no point in the Saudi league without FFP and if you get rid of it then the game that's on life support is totally dead.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom