• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Saudi Football Revolution

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
809als124zpb1.jpg

:lol: These guys are just vibing, playing borderline amateur football and earning millions with no effort.

That's ManΓ© celebrating a goal with Firmino btw. They play on opposite teams :lol:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I just can't see it taking off, Worldwide at least. They have spent Β£100's of millions already and I don't know one single person who cares remotely about the league never mind watches or follows it.

I know a lot of people who love their football and it has never come up once in casual conversation, not even briefly.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand πŸ–
Trusted ⭐

I just can't see it taking off, Worldwide at least. They have spent Β£100's of millions already and I don't know one single person who cares remotely about the league never mind watches or follows it.

I know a lot of people who love their football and it has never come up once in casual conversation, not even briefly.

To be fair, in spite of recruiting (for the most part) household names, the aim has always been to boost local viewership by turning the eyes of people like myself who watch the PL & Saudi second division (because my local club is there) to become more interested in the Saudi PL.

This goes double for other Arab countries where viewership has skyrocketed ever since Ronaldo's arrival alone.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Football died long time ago and if any country deserve blame for it it’s England. Take saudi out, English clubs have soo much compared to rest of Europe that it’s simply not sustainable. Outside of the pl and Saudi. Top 10 leagues in Europe has positive net spend last window. Everyone sold more than they bought while the PL spent 1.3 billion more than they sold for. You have Nottingham Forrest picking up PSV best player after they qualified for the CL like it’s nothing. We already have one super league in Europe and that’s the PL
Just read this & wanted to add some clarity.
England did not ruin football. England has the greatest football heritage on the planet.
Now you can say you think the prem league ruined football that's totally fine but it's not England.
The whole idea of the prem league was set up by some influential people with links to the game including David Dein.
Don't forget It became the biggest/best league in the World through its own merit & most importantly by private funding.
There was a time when the Italian & Spanish leagues were the best in the World. English clubs struggled to compete with there top teams financially.
Then the Premier League became the best. It was a great business decision but never forget it was a level playing field in free world economics.
I'm sure now Spain or Italy wish they had created the 'Premier League' & been on the top of the tree.

The Saudi thing however is totally different. No matter how they try to say otherwise It's government money that is paying for it.

Would you be happy if ur government was paying footballers shedloads of money to kick a ball around in front of a few hundred people?

Diesel

Well football officially changed. They created a system in which they can circumvent ffp right in ur face.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see headlines pop up of C.Ronaldo every week, usually about his latest goal. I think quite a few other big names have followed him to the Middle East but with Neymar’s injury, I hear absolutely nothing about any other player in that corner of the world unless it’s internationals week and the papers highlight Henderson back stabbing the rainbow community.

The money will turn more heads in the future but it doesn’t feel like fame will be anytime soon. Seems more like a Rest of World cultural/political revolution is needed for a Saudi football revolution to be achieved.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom