• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Afro Mugo

Chido Obi scored 4 goals today for Denmark u17. Just watch the variety of the goals. He might just be the best forward we produce yet, if you consider his attributes. He's 15 years and 6'3" and amazing technical ability. What impresses me the most about him is actually how he strikes a ball. He produces a lot of power on his shots. Very keen to see him this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Chido Obi scored 4 goals today for Denmark u17. Just watch the variety of the goals. He might just be the best forward we produce yet, if you consider his attributes. He's 15 years and 6'3" and amazing technical ability. What impresses me the most about him is actually how he strikes a ball. He produces a lot of power on his shots. Very keen to see him this season.
Sheesh, these finishes :lol:. Especially that 3rd goal, ****ing hell.

He looks like the perfect CF.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Haha, I can assure you he has some very amazing finishes in his locker. I watched an U15 game last season, and he scored two rocket goals. Im really keen to watch him once he steps to u18s.
Me too. He genuinely has everything in his locker. Can see him moving up the pack pretty quickly, especially if we loan out as many as we suspect!

What the hell.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul

Quality goals that damn

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Have seen some more clips of Bless Akolbire and he looks a pretty strong player already. Tight-space dribbling, acceleration and seemingly has a good eye for goal. Looks a surefire starter next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U18s started with a 2-0 win over West Ham - the team who battered us in the FA Youth Cup Final!

We started with this lineup:

Cooper
Nichols Heaven Kacurri Brown
Akolbire Rosiak Copley
Ferdinand Oyetunde Kamara
So still pretty strong as it has a number of 2nd years. Oyetunde and Copley (1st years!) were the scorers. Oyetunde in particular looks quite exciting and he's already debuted for the U21s as a schoolboy. Copley was featured in the Hale End doc and has done well. Good first day for Wilshere this season, and it looks like he'll have a slightly stronger overall squad this season. The youth cup campaign this year could be a very interesting one.

U18s started with a 2-0 win over West Ham - the team who battered us in the FA Youth Cup Final!

We started with this lineup:

Cooper
Nichols Heaven Kacurri Brown
Akolbire Rosiak Copley
Ferdinand Oyetunde Kamara
So still pretty strong as it has a number of 2nd years. Oyetunde and Copley (1st years!) were the scorers. Oyetunde in particular looks quite exciting and he's already debuted for the U21s as a schoolboy. Copley was featured in the Hale End doc and has done well. Good first day for Wilshere this season, and it looks like he'll have a slightly stronger overall squad this season. The youth cup campaign this year could be a very interesting one.

Is West Ham still strong from last season? Many same players or have they moved players from last season to next level?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is West Ham still strong from last season? Many same players or have they moved players from last season to next level?
I would say they're entering a new cycle so not as strong at u18, but we also beat their U21s on Friday. Must be considered that we also had a ton of 2nd years playing, so these guys all have experience now. Only really new guys in that team would be guys like Heaven, Copley and Akolbire - and all 3 are considered to be strong 1st years. Oyetunde is a 1st year also but he has already played for the U18s a few times and even has an U21 game under his belt.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
U18s highlights | Arsenal 2-0 West Ham United

Watch at: Academy - Match Highlights

We look much stronger in these clips. Kamara and Oyetunde look dangerous and along with Ferdinand will cause problems at this level. Heaven played CB which was interesting but there was a moment where he got turned by a tricky forward. I'd like to see him as the deeper midfielder when Rosiak inevitably moved up to the u21s.

Bless Akolbire (the number 8) is the one who stood out the most in these highlights. Some very neat dribbling, excellent passing and tenacity to win the ball back. I see a lot of potential in him.

Afro Mugo

I
U18s highlights | Arsenal 2-0 West Ham United

Watch at: Academy - Match Highlights

We look much stronger in these clips. Kamara and Oyetunde look dangerous and along with Ferdinand will cause problems at this level. Heaven played CB which was interesting but there was a moment where he got turned by a tricky forward. I'd like to see him as the deeper midfielder when Rosiak inevitably moved up to the u21s.

Bless Akolbire (the number 8) is the one who stood out the most in these highlights. Some very neat dribbling, excellent passing and tenacity to win the ball back. I see a lot of potential in him.
I was really impressed with Akolbire. He looked very combative and his dribbling and passes were very clean. At a time when CMs are on very high demand , it's good we have players who play like him in the academy. Also Brown looks to have bulked up and I'm interested in seeing more of him in that inverted LB role. He was highly rated as a CB in younger age groups but his progress has been slower due to his physical development; add his leadership skills to that. He's captained his age group since around u13 though interesting that Ferdinand had the arm band. I guess they want to also hone others' leadership as well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I

I was really impressed with Akolbire. He looked very combative and his dribbling and passes were very clean. At a time when CMs are on very high demand , it's good we have players who play like him in the academy. Also Brown looks to have bulked up and I'm interested in seeing more of him in that inverted LB role. He was highly rated as a CB in younger age groups but his progress has been slower due to his physical development; add his leadership skills to that. He's captained his age group since around u13 though interesting that Ferdinand had the arm band. I guess they want to also hone others' leadership as well.
Yeah the current stable of midfielders in this scholarship intake is top gravy. Imagine a midfield 3 of Lewis-Skelly, Heaven and Akolbire (insert Nwaneri anywhere here!). I'm interested by Brown at LB aswell, definitely makes us quite solid down that side, although I rate the other LB that came up aswell (Camron Ismail I think his name is).

I really like Akolbire though, he looks very effective, and I'd like to see Heaven in midfield aswell.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah the current stable of midfielders in this scholarship intake is top gravy. Imagine a midfield 3 of Lewis-Skelly, Heaven and Akolbire (insert Nwaneri anywhere here!). I'm interested by Brown at LB aswell, definitely makes us quite solid down that side, although I rate the other LB that came up aswell (Camron Ismail I think his name is).

I really like Akolbire though, he looks very effective, and I'd like to see Heaven in midfield aswell.
This year's u18 class is very exciting it has to be said (if we include MLS & Nwaneri), and next year's sounds promising too

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul

Who's got the most talent?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Who's got the most talent?
Ethan Nwaneri. Pure technique and poise married with physical robustness. It's sooner rather than later with him.

Myles Lewis-Skelly I'd put right next to him in terms of raw ability. He's not as refined but he has massive character and can change the tide of a game by himself.

Behind them I'd put Akolbire and Heaven. Heaven has the height, defensive quality and powe but I like what I've seen of Akolbire more. Strong defensively, carries in small and open spaces, and a very neat passer of the ball.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Ethan Nwaneri. Pure technique and poise married with physical robustness. It's sooner rather than later with him.

Myles Lewis-Skelly I'd put right next to him in terms of raw ability. He's not as refined but he has massive character and can change the tide of a game by himself.

Behind them I'd put Akolbire and Heaven. Heaven has the height, defensive quality and powe but I like what I've seen of Akolbire more. Strong defensively, carries in small and open spaces, and a very neat passer of the ball.

Something i've seen with Nwaneri that I think is really rare is how he never looks down on the ball, he can scan the pitch for several seconds without losing control of the ball, that's just elite elite stuff at that age. Those who have played football know how difficult this is.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom