• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Afro Mugo

Is our u-18 getting younger? Anyone know the average age this season?

Im reading about 15 and 13 years olds.
We have been playing very young teams . I think partly it's as a result of Brexit meaning all PL clubs are chasing the same players locally now that we can't sign any top EU talents until 18 so we have to push a lot of our big talents early enough for them to sign their scholars else they'll look for opportunities elsewhere. Also, I think it's a new policy that came with Per. The top players are increasingly playing above their age groups while they slow developers are maintained at their level.and given time.

Topside

See today's under 18 game at Brighton was postponed due to the driver taking the wrong turning and couldn't arrive on time for the noon ko :eyess:

KrptKid

I'm telling you all as a psychologist, I'm not gonna be able to psychologize all of these boys at Hale End. Some of them are going to sleep, FOR GOOD!!!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

:lol: didn't even remember this was happening but not surprised. There's good talent here and there in the front 6 but playing a DM at right back, a CM at CB and a RB at LB isn't the best strategy.

Surely it’s good to play kids all over the place for their development and results don’t matter as long as they have fun and learning new things

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Jack Wilshere got the job because he is a friend to the academy chief. We need to recruit better managers on all levels.
Not really no. He got the job because he's "been there, done that" at Hale End and won the youth cup at that level.

He's graduated through all levels of youth team football so knows what it takes and what is required to make it and will be highly influential for the younger players.

Double FA Cup Winner, PFA young player of the year winner, and he acheived runners up in last year's FA Youth Cup. Not bad for a "rookie" eh... :lol:

He understands the club ethos and standards that need to be set so as far as I'm concerned he certainly deserves the opportunity.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not really no. He got the job because he's "been there, done that" at Hale End and won the youth cup at that level.

He's graduated through all levels of youth team football so knows what it takes and what is required to make it and will be highly influential for the younger players.

Double FA Cup Winner, PFA young player of the year winner, and he acheived runners up in last year's FA Youth Cup. Not bad for a "rookie" eh... :lol:

He understands the club ethos and standards that need to be set so as far as I'm concerned he certainly deserves the opportunity.
Yes as a player. Not every player is good coach

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Yes as a player. Not every player is good coach
He reached runners up in the FA Youth Cup last season in his first ever season coaching which isn't bad to be fair. They'll improve and it will be a learning curve for them.

Afro Mugo

Slightly in Wilshere's defence for a second, going into this game he was on a decent unbeaten run despite having injuries in the squad and call ups to u21s.
It was a freak result to be fair. I remember in his documentary they were talking about how sometimes players dropping down (from u21 to u18)can be a double edged sword, i think that second half the team lacked cohesion.. Ethan and MLS dropping down meant Jack had to move around the likes of Rosiak and Nichols to fit in all his best players and they lacked a lot of cohesion. Funnily enough I think without Ethan and MLS they may have gotten a better result. You could see from the players that they were waiting for the two to produce some magic and with MLS playing as a 6 he couldn't make his trademark runs as Liverpool pressed really well and he had to remain disciplined.

Afro Mugo

He reached runners up in the FA Youth Cup last season in his first ever season coaching which isn't bad to be fair. They'll improve and it will be a learning curve for them.
Also he's in the quarter finals of the u18 pl cup and it'll be interesting to see how we play against high flying Man United who've only lost once this season , and it was against Swindon in the youth cup.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom