• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Chido Obi (extraordinary schoolboy striker) also scored a Hattrick in this match, while Louis Zecevic-John (another schoolboy) scored his 1st goal at this level after getting an assist in the match last week.

Lots of talk about Wilshere's results but these are schoolboys and 1st years he's playing with mostly.

But yeah, nuts to have a 13 year old starting - haven't done that since Nwaneri.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Ethan Nwaneri. Pure technique and poise married with physical robustness. It's sooner rather than later with him.

Myles Lewis-Skelly I'd put right next to him in terms of raw ability. He's not as refined but he has massive character and can change the tide of a game by himself.

Behind them I'd put Akolbire and Heaven. Heaven has the height, defensive quality and powe but I like what I've seen of Akolbire more. Strong defensively, carries in small and open spaces, and a very neat passer of the ball.
Do you think Lewis-Skelly may have to adjust his game a bit to make it?

He is quite dribble-heavy at the moment which is a great part of his game, but can also open up him to turnovers. Really like him as a player but wonder if the club might get him to rein it in a bit. His passing both short, long and through the lines is sublime.

Maybe we should try and get him to work a bit on becoming a high volume passer with the ability to beat players when the opportunity is there

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Do you think Lewis-Skelly may have to adjust his game a bit to make it?

He is quite dribble-heavy at the moment which is a great part of his game, but can also open up him to turnovers. Really like him as a player but wonder if the club might get him to rein it in a bit. His passing both short, long and through the lines is sublime.

Maybe we should try and get him to work a bit on becoming a high volume passer with the ability to beat players when the opportunity is there
Skelly is not as smooth or composed as Nwaneri, but he seems to have all the raw talent needed to become a great player. Only thing really missing is height. He has the strength, balance, power, speed, agility, technique, vision and even mentality. Just needs to put it all together. Especially more consistent passing range. It's really 50/50 with him. But in terms of raw talent I'll say him and Nwaneri are def the most gifted I have seen since young Wilshere.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The guy look taller than most players and he only 13 lol he look already got past 6 feets

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Chido Obi (extraordinary schoolboy striker) also scored a Hattrick in this match, while Louis Zecevic-John (another schoolboy) scored his 1st goal at this level after getting an assist in the match last week.

Lots of talk about Wilshere's results but these are schoolboys and 1st years he's playing with mostly.

But yeah, nuts to have a 13 year old starting - haven't done that since Nwaneri.
These kind of things are nonsense. To have 13 year old play in the u18 screams pr move and build up hype about the kid.

Afro Mugo

These kind of things are nonsense. To have 13 year old play in the u18 screams pr move and build up hype about the kid.
I get where you are coming from but he's actually really good. As someone mentioned , he looks like a 15/16 year old, and he recently just returned from an u15s tournament in France where the u15s lost to Marseille on penalties but we beat the likes of Lens and St Etienne. He was named player of the tournament so I think it was just a reward. Also, academy football is currently very competitive. A lot of money is being poured to these players to lure them away so this is Arsenal's way of trying to keep the best of them. Though ironically he is also a Left Footed CM/CAM 😭😭

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I get where you are coming from but he's actually really good. As someone mentioned , he looks like a 15/16 year old, and he recently just returned from an u15s tournament in France where the u15s lost to Marseille on penalties but we beat the likes of Lens and St Etienne. He was named player of the tournament so I think it was just a reward. Also, academy football is currently very competitive. A lot of money is being poured to these players to lure them away so this is Arsenal's way of trying to keep the best of them. Though ironically he is also a Left Footed CM/CAM 😭😭
As good as he is, there is big difference physically between 13 and 18 year olds. He can get hurt

Afro Mugo

As good as he is, there is big difference physically between 13 and 18 year olds. He can get hurt
I get what you are saying but take the case of Ethan, at 16 , he looked physically capable of dealing with men , more than eg. Fabio Vieira. Same case with Lukaku, Rooney at 16. I doubt the kid will play much for u18s as he mostly plays with the u15s, and the academy are in a better position to analyse his physique anyway.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I get what you are saying but take the case of Ethan, at 16 , he looked physically capable of dealing with men , more than eg. Fabio Vieira. Same case with Lukaku, Rooney at 16. I doubt the kid will play much for u18s as he mostly plays with the u15s, and the academy are in a better position to analyse his physique anyway.
There is huge difference between 13 and 16. We seen 16 year olds play with men. 13 is still a child

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Interesting highlights. Obi looks like this level is gonna get way too easy for him in a short time. He's just so much bigger and quicker than the defenders he's facing. Heaven looked a lot more secure in this game, probably the level of opposition but he seems to be beginning to acclimatise. The team looks a lot taller and more physical now aswell with the current players.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Good win for 10 men Arsenal against Leicester (Obi sent off for high boot, probably correctly). 2 bit ref then sent off Benjamin for two yellows - one shooting after being given offside and one 'delaying the restart with his celebration' after scoring the winner in the last minute off the bench...bugger me, these officials don't help themselves

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good win for 10 men Arsenal against Leicester (Obi sent off for high boot, probably correctly). 2 bit ref then sent off Benjamin for two yellows - one shooting after being given offside and one 'delaying the restart with his celebration' after scoring the winner in the last minute off the bench...bugger me, these officials don't help themselves

Kamarni Ryan finally getting a break. He's looked talented with the little we've seen of him.

Afro Mugo

13 year old Max Dowman gets his first start today. Don't want to bring unnecessary hype but he is ridiculously good. I got a look at him recently against Norwich u15s and it wasn't even fair for the rest of them. We are looking at a Nwaneri level talent. Apparently each tournament they've played over the past year he's been player of the tournament despite him being 2/3 years younger than the rest. Hope he remains cool and calm over the next few years.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is our u-18 getting younger? Anyone know the average age this season?

Im reading about 15 and 13 years olds.
It's definitely a very young team this year. Max Dowman is a big deal aswell, played well above his age group for a while at 13.

13 year old Max Dowman gets his first start today. Don't want to bring unnecessary hype but he is ridiculously good. I got a look at him recently against Norwich u15s and it wasn't even fair for the rest of them. We are looking at a Nwaneri level talent. Apparently each tournament they've played over the past year he's been player of the tournament despite him being 2/3 years younger than the rest. Hope he remains cool and calm over the next few years.
Crazy. Need to have a good look at him, have seen virtually nothing but heard amazing things.

Afro Mugo

It's definitely a very young team this year. Max Dowman is a big deal aswell, played well above his age group for a while at 13.

Crazy. Need to have a good look at him, have seen virtually nothing but heard amazing things.
There's literally no clips you'll find probably until he's older and plays more at u16 and u18 level but he's really good. It's one of the few times I've watched a game and a younger kid stands out in the way he did.. very good technique and close control and glides really well across the pitch.. the game was too easy for him and I can see why he's playing at u16 and u18 level. He played the full 90 minutes today .

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom