• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we're talking about FM, we might as well go for my team that decimated everyone ;)

Cech
Bellerin
Koscienly
Rugani
Monreal

Wilshere
Martinez
Gotze

Aleixs
Greizmann
Fekir

Sweggeh

We are a 75 point team. That is our limit. We need some serious quality to push us up into 85+ point territory.

Benzema £30m
Yarmolenko/Isco for the RW £30m-£40m
Gundogan £20m (last year of his contract)
Stones £40m (play with Kos, Chambers full time RB)

Alot of people will be like "woah, thats too much and too unrealistic". This is similar to what Chelsea did the summer before they won the title when they brought in Matic, Costa, Fabregas, Filipe Luis and Courtois over one summer. And City when they brought in Aguero, Silva, Toure, etc.

This is what it takes. But we already know we won't get it done.

NJRider

Think we missed a trick not getting in Manolas. We were meant to have bid for him and he chose Roma because he was guaranteed to play but the guy can be an absolute rock and is still only 24 (time to iron out the weaknesses that are there).

NJRider

If we're talking about FM, we might as well go for my team that decimated everyone ;)

Cech
Bellerin
Koscienly
Rugani
Monreal

Wilshere
Martinez
Gotze

Aleixs
Greizmann
Fekir

Worst thing is this isn't totally unrealistic.
If you swap Özil for Gotze and maybe only target one of Fekir/Griezmann and this could be done in one transfer window.

A J.Martinez, Fekir and Rugani window isn't out of the question transfer fee or wages wise

Proof

Established Member
We have a £200m transfer kitty:

IN:
Neymar £175m
Yaya Toure £25m

OUT:
Flamini
Rosicky

- Cech -
- Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal -
- Yaya Toure - Coquelin -
- Özil -
- Alexis - Giroud - Neymar

Sweggeh

Gundogan only has a year left on his contract and would be perfect to play CM next to Coquelin. We do not have anyone who can link play even close to as well as this guy. Benzema will probably be offloaded too, and although I do not like the legal issues hanging over his head, beggars can't be choosers at this point. He is the only world class striker we have even a sliver of a chance at signing.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We have a £200m transfer kitty:

IN:
Neymar £175m
Yaya Toure £25m

OUT:
Flamini
Rosicky

- Cech -
- Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal -
- Yaya Toure - Coquelin -
- Özil -
- Alexis - Giroud - Neymar

The thought of having Alexis Sanchez, Neymar, and Mesut Özil all in the same team but still playing with Giroud upfront hurts my heart.

Proof

Established Member
:lol:

If we are going to sign Neymar I would manage to go through another season with Giroud as the 1st choice striker.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I really like Jorginho, he's grown on me a lot as I've gotten to watch more Napoli. Higuain is doing amazingly well and Insigne is having his best season, but if I could take a player from Napoli, it would be Jorginho.

He's not the biggest, but he does what we bought Elneny for much better than Elneny IMO. He's a strong tackler despite his size, and his passing, positioning and tactical understanding is sky high. In all the top 5 leagues, only Verratti and Motta make more passes per 90. He's averaging something like 110 passes at least.

I bang on about having some power in our team, but someone with his ability is invaluable IMO.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I really like Jorginho, he's grown on me a lot as I've gotten to watch more Napoli. Higuain is doing amazingly well and Insigne is having his best season, but if I could take a player from Napoli, it would be Jorginho.

He's not the biggest, but he does what we bought Elneny for much better than Elneny IMO. He's a strong tackler despite his size, and his passing, positioning and tactical understanding is sky high. In all the top 5 leagues, only Verratti and Motta make more passes per 90. He's averaging something like 110 passes at least.

I bang on about having some power in our team, but someone with his ability is invaluable IMO.
This is where the Elneny buy is so frustrating. As much as its true that he hasn't gotten a chance to prove himself, which I'll give before judging him, he doesn't strike me as a player that will set our midfield alight much. If that is indeed true, Wenger has stopped us from investing into better players in that position, like Jorginho, and we are stuck back on square 1 to a certain extent.

I just don't see Wenger buying a midfielder now, which is a shame because there are some tasty options out there. At least our midfield has decent options now with Flamini's replacement, leading us to be able to focus on CB and striker.

emilursin

Jese Rodriguez,,, wouldn't break the bank,,, typical wenger signing.... can play across the front 3,,, fast and technical.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom