• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Learning experience for him it shows why France not starting him yet he not quite ready for bigger stages in tow games against Porto he made more mistakes than whole league season

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Saliba was very poor today, as poor as he was vs Lens Away and Porto Away.

Kiwior was more re-assured than Saliba.

He'll learn from this and better quickly as we are now in the Quarters.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Learning experience for him it shows why France not starting him yet he not quite ready for bigger stages in tow games against Porto he made more mistakes than whole league season
The guy plays against City and Liverpool like it's nothing, I'm sure he could play for France against the mighty Slovakia or whatever.

NT are a joke, I'm happy he doesn't play it that much

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The guy plays against City and Liverpool like it's nothing, I'm sure he could play for France against the mighty Slovakia or whatever.

NT are a joke, I'm happy he doesn't play it that much
Yes but I think he need to be patient it's good for us tho last thing he need is useless friendly games

IrishGooner93

Had a few more wobbly moments this season than last I think. And whilst he's more silkier than Gabriel actually think the latter has probably been more consistently solid defensively this year.
Still though to be this good at 22 is insane. Hopefully experience will calm his nerves

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Poor early today but thought he settled down later in the match. He'll be fine. In 3 weeks when he's pocketed Haaland for the 3rd time in 7 months, nobody will remember the rough moments today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought he was fine, tbh...of course there would be some shaky moments, like the rest of the team he is young... some of you play too much Football Manager, in the real world pressure is a thing that can't be replicated by a video game...no one is always a 10/10, sometimes a solid 6/7 and grinding out an important win is more than fine ffs 😅

Gdeep's best point on here was how impressive it is for young CBs to do well, so difficult for a young player in that position as you are trying to stop everything...Arsène talked about it too, and they are two of the GOAT football minds so you listen when they speak!

Pepe was great tonight, but at Saliba's age he got absolutely run around by King Thierry in our beating of Porto in 2006...it happens to young defenders.

And it's not like they even created much, he sniffed out a lot of attacks too even with a few errors...top player.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Ship his a** back to France!!!!!

But all joking aside, it wasn't a great night for the brother was it....

That said I can hardly be overly critical when he's been mostly superb this season and has formed what I believe is the strongest CB pairing in the league with Magalhaes.

Still tho, I don't wanna be seeing performances like this on a regular.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Great seeing how much this guy loves the club. Wonder how close we were to really losing him, thank you Tomi for your injury. Anyway, thought the last two legs Saliba looked out his depth but that's expected, when this guys had two or 3 deep CL runs he won't be phased.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There was very little defending he needed to do so his performance is being judged on his passing, which was a bit off.

Seeing similar things with Rice, both players need to be Pirlo-like ballers and nobody cares what their primary role is, at least until they are missing and we are conceding goals for fun

CannonBals

Great seeing how much this guy loves the club. Wonder how close we were to really losing him, thank you Tomi for your injury. Anyway, thought the last two legs Saliba looked out his depth but that's expected, when this guys had two or 3 deep CL runs he won't be phased.

I always was under the impression he will be here till he is 25-26 and then move to Madrid/PSG.
I knew he was a childhood Arsenal fan but that doesn't mean much these days. But after seeing his celebrations I am not that sure anyone. He may stay even longer.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Literally did the same stuff for St Etienne and Marseille :lol:

He's known for his passionate celebrations, which many wrongfully read too much into.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom