• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Pepesuave

So Deschamps is really gonna start Pavard over Saliba at CB? I shouldn't complain as an Arsenal fan but it is pretty hilarious at this point that Saliba is 4th choice CB behind Upamecano, Konate and Pavard 😀
Big Will has my permission to pull a Benny Blanco with Deschamps

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Saliba is miles better than Bum-pamecano but we're lucky Deschamps is an idiot, just like with White and Southgate.
Whilst having the best defence in the PL this season and probably a top 3 in Europe, our defenders individually are not liked by anyone apart from Arteta. White with Southgate, Saliba with Deschamps and maybe its changed recently for Gabriel, but he couldn't even get in the Brazil squad for the last WC.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Saliba is miles better than Bum-pamecano but we're lucky Deschamps is an idiot, just like with White and Southgate.
Whilst having the best defence in the PL this season and probably a top 3 in Europe, our defenders individually are not liked by anyone apart from Arteta. White with Southgate, Saliba with Deschamps and maybe its changed recently for Gabriel, but he couldn't even get in the Brazil squad for the last WC. Underrated defenders, their performance in the first half of season is a main reason why we can still challenge now; their contributions defensively and offensively were immense.

Henry boi

So Deschamps is really gonna start Pavard over Saliba at CB? I shouldn't complain as an Arsenal fan but it is pretty hilarious at this point that Saliba is 4th choice CB behind Upamecano, Konate and Pavard 😀
Big Will has my permission to pull a Benny Blanco with Deschamps
The guy is a *****

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I don't know why people on this forum have such a bad opinion of Konate and Upamecano, particularly the former since he did so well against our attackers in 1v1 situations. I'd love either of them here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saliba is undoubtedly one of the best CBs in the world, on a par with VVD. But glad Deschamps is blind with important matches coming up for us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We already had Upamecano's brother from another mother for years...

8kc2jy.jpg

...I absolutely do not want Dayot here!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't know why people on this forum have such a bad opinion of Konate and Upamecano, particularly the former since he did so well against our attackers in 1v1 situations. I'd love either of them here.
Konate is a very good player mostly, but has been injury-prone in his career.

But have you forgot that he got a second yellow card in a title fight match, in a 1vs1 situation against Havertz? Or how Havertz ran through in the Saka goal?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's good for us that he gets some rest, but I will never understand him not starting for France.

I can't understand how a manager can see Saliba, see what he's done for Arsenal and not think "Oh my God, I have to build my defence around him"

I know they have other huge defenders, but technically I don't think any of their other CBs touch him...his combo strengths are insane.

His only weakness is that he seems a quiet guy, doesn't seem an organiser and just seems a pure defender...but Konate seems quite vocal, pair them together.

It just feels like favouritism to me, that he's not playing...we all know Barcelona and Bayern would snap your hand off for a straight swap for him with Konde/Upamecano, and we all know there would be no chance in hell that Arsenal do that.

Think that speaks volumes about who's clearly the better player.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's good for us that he gets some rest, but I will never understand him not starting for France.

I can't understand how a manager can see Saliba, see what he's done for Arsenal and not think "Oh my God, I have to build my defence around him"

I know they have other huge defenders, but technically I don't think any of their other CBs touch him...his combo strengths are insane.

His only weakness is that he seems a quiet guy, doesn't seem an organiser and just seems a pure defender...but Konate seems quite vocal, pair them together.

It just feels like favouritism to me, that he's not playing...we all know Barcelona and Bayern would snap your hand off for a straight swap for him with Konde/Upamecano, and we all know there would be no chance in hell that Arsenal do that.

Think that speaks volumes about who's clearly the better player.
Yeah, he doesn't seem like a great manager. There are those Southgate vibes, where you have a great talented national team so it's almost impossible not to have success.

But my guess is that he gives the older players preference, who have been in the squad for longer. This is pretty usual. The difference in level is not very big, so those players have to first lose their position by playing badly. Unless he hates Saliba for some reason.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Upamecano is a clown of the highest order. Kiwior on his worst day is miles clear of him.

Batman

Deschamps being a fool is good for us. Saliba has played every minute in the league this season and we desperately need him to stay fit, particularly if there's anything in Gabby XL's injury. We should be grateful now because after Deschamps bottles the Euro and Zidane takes over, Saliba will likely get a proper look and play more for them.

Batman

The first Bayern game that I saw this season was their 2-2 (or 3-3) draw against Bayer Leverkusen. Victor Boniface bamboozled Upamecano the entire game! It was Drogba-Senderos level type abuse!
He's dreadful. He gets totally rag-dolled by any half decent attacker.

fute

Konate is legit.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Konate is a good player. He has had his fair share of bad games last season. Particularly remember Brentford away where he had a complete nightmare. This season he has been very good (apart from when he comes up against Havertz). Don't know why you think people have bad opinion about him as most people seem to rate him on here, even if obviously they don't rate him as high as Saliba.

As for Upamecano, you must not have seen him play a lot if you are surprised why people don't rate him. For an 'elite' defender he regularly puts in comically bad performances. I would probably take Holding back then take Upamecano, he is that bad.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
As for Upamecano, you must not have seen him play a lot if you are surprised why people don't rate him.
It's the opposite for him, if you watch him more than in just CL highlights you see why people still rate him. He dropped a lot of high profile clangers in recent months but there's a reason he was rated higher than Konaté when both were at Leipzig or that Bayern went for him and not the other Frenchman first.

Wouldn't want him here either but if he cut out the mistakes he'd be undisputed #1 in the world he's that good on his day.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It's the opposite for him, if you watch him more than in just CL highlights you see why people still rate him. He dropped a lot of high profile clangers in recent months but there's a reason he was rated higher than Konaté when both were at Leipzig or that Bayern went for him and not the other Frenchman first.

Wouldn't want him here either but if he cut out the mistakes he'd be undisputed #1 in the world he's that good on his day.
Yeah. He's a clearly talented and physically gifted CB. But those constant mustafi-esque performances have put me off him. Watching him in the CL quarter finals last season was quite painful. Seeing get abused by Haaland was a hardwatch. Meanwhile Haaland is Saliba's *****.

It's quite incredible really. He's quite big and good with the ball. I think his problem is mental. The Upamecano at Leipzig, I'll bite your hand off for. But he seems to wilt under pressure.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom