• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Konate is a good player. He has had his fair share of bad games last season. Particularly remember Brentford away where he had a complete nightmare. This season he has been very good (apart from when he comes up against Havertz). Don't know why you think people have bad opinion about him as most people seem to rate him on here, even if obviously they don't rate him as high as Saliba.

As for Upamecano, you must not have seen him play a lot if you are surprised why people don't rate him. For an 'elite' defender he regularly puts in comically bad performances. I would probably take Holding back then take Upamecano, he is that bad.
Saliba getting destroyed on this forum for some performances where his passing was a bit off or he didn't clear the ball properly and forum experts will say how Deschamp is right about not playing him and then you see this video but no sign of forum experts to explain it.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It's the opposite for him, if you watch him more than in just CL highlights you see why people still rate him. He dropped a lot of high profile clangers in recent months but there's a reason he was rated higher than Konaté when both were at Leipzig or that Bayern went for him and not the other Frenchman first.

Wouldn't want him here either but if he cut out the mistakes he'd be undisputed #1 in the world he's that good on his day.
I used to like him at Leipzig, he was showing so much promise but since then he has shown the worst trait in a CB...rashness. that has made him a walking time bomb.

It negates all his incredible physical qualities. Yes on his day he can look majestic but as the last line of defence that isn't much use if you then follow it up sliding uncontrollably into each duel regardless if the situation calls for it or not. Not to mention being this jittery is bound to have an effect on the whole defence and GK. It just creates panic all around.

Buhry

Established Member

Saliba getting destroyed on this forum for some performances where his passing was a bit off or he didn't clear the ball properly and forum experts will say how Deschamp is right about not playing him and then you see this video but no sign of forum experts to explain it.
His slide tackle timing looks completely off, meanwhile I'm not sure i've seen saliba miss a slide tackle. His timing is impeccable

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Saliba has just played all possible EPL minutes this season, in the best defence in the best league in the world.

Deschamps: "gOoD sEaSoN"

Guy is taking voluntary hits from himself, and shooting himself in the foot at the same time.

cat kitty GIF

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Doesn't help when Saliba wasn't at his best in both Porto games recently or vs Lens away (French team), remember Desailly who is close friends with Deschamps doesn't rate Saliba that highly too and watched the Porto game live with Wenger in Qatar (BeinSport). McCoist purposely stuck on Saliba for too many high profile errors he was making home and away (Saliba other than Stamford Bridge and that Diaz goal at the Emirates have been error proof in the league but in Europe he's not at his sharpest).

Deschamps and Desaillly were also former Marseille players (legends of the club) and might've been also pissed off with Saliba not joining them lol:lol::lol:

Gabriel has been our best defender in Europe and in the prem this season, followed by Rice.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Patience. Fupamaguire will do something dumb, and Konate can't stay fit. Saliba will take his rightful place.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't help when Saliba wasn't at his best in both Porto games recently or vs Lens away (French team), remember Desailly who is close friends with Deschamps doesn't rate Saliba that highly too and watched the Porto game live with Wenger in Qatar (BeinSport). McCoist purposely stuck on Saliba for too many high profile errors he was making home and away (Saliba other than Stamford Bridge and that Diaz goal at the Emirates have been error proof in the league but in Europe he's not at his sharpest).

Deschamps and Desaillly were also former Marseille players (legends of the club) and might've been also pissed off with Saliba not joining them lol:lol::lol:

Gabriel has been our best defender in Europe and in the prem this season, followed by Rice.

They are also ex Chelsea players which I think is driving some of this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It’s like everyone is out to sabotage us. First the Ben White stuff, now Deschumps saying Saliba isn’t good enough. Hopefully it doesn’t get inside Salibas head.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
So he doesn't like Saliba but decided to play him in the game just before our game of the season, guess Deschamps just hates Arsenal

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom