• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GKJyy3sXkAAFCcX

Garth Crooks 🤣

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would love to understand what Deschamps sees when he watches Saliba? I'm genuinely puzzled.
The French Football Federation are just as dumb from top to bottom as the FA. They just produce more and better talents who are able to overcome that stupidity. Remember they were employing that old man who apparently didn't think Zidane should be considered as a successor to Deschamps despite clearly being 10 times the manager and either the best or second best French footballer of all time depending upon who you prefer between him and Platini. If they can disrespect and fail to recognize his greatness, it doesn't surprise me that Deschamps says the dumb things he says about Saliba. He rates Upamaguire.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Did he do that to City while fasting for Ramadan? 😯

Fwiw I think this also might be part of the reason why there’s this weird friction between him and the French national set up which has very documented problems with Islamophobia.

Coz I have racked my brains and I cannot for the life of me think what else it could be.

Batman

Fwiw I think this also might be part of the reason why there’s this weird friction between him and the French national set up which has very documented problems with Islamophobia.

Coz I have racked my brains and I cannot for the life of me think what else it could be.
I'm pretty sure Konate is a Muslim and he seems to be in favor (though there is no doubt the FFF are extremely Islamophobic) so really no clue what the problem is. The Arteta doghouse is like Alcatraz and Saliba made it out of that to being the first name on the team sheet through the sheer force of his briliance and likeability, so I think it really is as simple as Deschamps being an asshole.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I'm pretty sure Konate is a Muslim and he seems to be in favor (though there is no doubt the FFF are extremely Islamophobic) so really no clue what the problem is. The Arteta doghouse is like Alcatraz and Saliba made it out of that to being the first name on the team sheet through the sheer force of his briliance and likeability, so I think it really is as simple as Deschamps being an asshole.

Ah yeah true. I’m back to square one then. It’s just baffling

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Was Saliba ever in Arteta's doghouse tho? Not even sure what you might be referring to 🤔

Batman

Was Saliba ever in Arteta's doghouse tho? Not even sure what you might be referring to 🤔
He definitely was. Recall him being sent out on loan twice despite vastly inferior players occupying his position, his number being given away to Ben White which is clear evidence that you are not rated or regarded and both Arteta and Saliba's stories that Arteta purposefully didn't speak to Saliba for the first week of preseason in the summer of 2022 in some sort of weirdo appraisal of his character. That's not something you do with a player who is one of your guys. There was clearly some kind of friction there that has obviously disappeared now.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He definitely was. Recall him being sent out on loan twice despite vastly inferior players occupying his position, his number being given away to Ben White which is clear evidence that you are not rated or regarded and both Arteta and Saliba's stories that Arteta purposefully didn't speak to Saliba for the first week of preseason in the summer of 2022 in some sort of weirdo appraisal of his character. That's not something you do with a player who is one of your guys. There was clearly some kind of friction there that has obviously disappeared now.

I just put that stuff down to Arteta being a bit of a weirdo tbh. Think you have to be a weirdo to succeed at this level, Klopp and Pep are also weirdos.

Just imagine going clubbing with those three FFS

Batman

I just put that stuff down to Arteta being a bit of a weirdo tbh. Think you have to be a weirdo to succeed at this level, Klopp and Pep are also weirdos.
Ok and his weirdo behavior towards Saliba in particular could be characterized as him being in the dog house. You don't give a guy's number away after not giving him the opportunity to prove himself to you and spend 50m on a player ostensibly in his position that you plan on utilizing. Even when he would occasionally be asked about Saliba while he was on loan, the question always seemed to irritate him and I haven't heard of him behaving this way in particular towards other players so while it's water under the bridge now, my point is that if he could get himself into Arteta's good books when so few manage to once out of them, Deschamps must really dislike him to ignore his talent and be so needlessly and publicly disrespectful about him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Ok and his weirdo behavior towards Saliba in particular could be characterized as him being in the dog house. You don't give a guy's number away after not giving him the opportunity to prove himself to you and spend 50m on a player ostensibly in his position that you plan on utilizing. Even when he would occasionally be asked about Saliba while he was on loan, the question always seemed to irritate him and I haven't heard of him behaving this way in particular towards other players so while it's water under the bridge now, my point is that if he could get himself into Arteta's good books when so few manage to once out of them, Deschamps must really dislike him to ignore his talent and be so needlessly and publicly disrespectful about him.

Yeah that's all fair enough, don't really have a point against it I just don't see it the same way as you I guess, you could well be right.

I kinda see Deschamps as a Southgate character, utterly clueless and has his "favourites" because he understands deep down he's out of his depth but won't admit this publicly...therefore sticks to his "safe players" as a sort of comfort blanket.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I kinda see Deschamps as a Southgate character, utterly clueless and has his "favourites" because he understands deep down he's out of his depth but won't admit this publicly...therefore sticks to his "safe players" as a sort of comfort blanket.

Not sure about this tbh. Spot on with Southgate I fullly think he has imposter syndrome but deschamps is just nuts

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom