• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

outlaw_member

Established Member
That would apply to every single player that doesn't ply his trade for the big teams. Don't assume that just because he didn't make it at AC Milan, that he doesn't have the capabilities. Milan are notorious for not trusting young players, even Vieira and Lehmann were quickly ousted out at the Rossoneri. He's already become a starter for the French National Team, whilst putting in some excellent performances.

DaGunners

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I prefer the pace to be upfront, rather than in midfield. I think you should have as much creativity in the midfield as you could possibly get, and than have two out and out strikers, rather than a link up one. Arshavin can also provide that, but I prefer Gourcuff because of the previously mentioned reasons.
I prefer creativity out wide too, but the player needs to be quick enough to run with the ball effectively. Throwing Gourcuff on the wing would be like putting Cesc out there...

Proof

Established Member
Gurgen said:
thegame24 said:
lol love the french commentators living up to the stereo typical "awa haw haw" lol

They're 10 times better than the boring English commentators. In France you can enjoy most matches just because of the commentary.
It also has to do with the melodiousness of the language. I'm also a French language fan.

patrick42uk

Established Member
This makes absolutely no contribution to this thread whatsoever but that goal reminds me of quite a few i scored in my playground football days. Those were the days......

True Gooner

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
This makes absolutely no contribution to this thread whatsoever but that goal reminds me of quite a few i scored in my playground football days. Those were the days......

I've scored goals like that too in my dreams 8))

I've never seen Gourcuff play, but if he scores goals like that on a consistent basis I hope we're looking at him.

Cruisio

Established Member
I love how people are saying here that he's too slow for us yet several people want us to sign Arteta. Unbelieveable

dos1986

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

Which is why this thread is ****.

You can see goals like that every sunday, Gourcuff almost scuffed the zidane twist, he was as suprised as anyone to find the ball where it landed.Very Diaby esc imo.

He was God awful at Milan, fat, uninterested, Senderos pace, need I go on?

Henry, Vieira and so on were never that bad, they just weren't refined.

We already have a messer in Diaby, so I say no.

entropy13

Established Member
dos1986 said:
patrick42uk said:

Which is why this thread is s**t.

You can see goals like that every sunday, Gourcuff almost scuffed the zidane twist, he was as suprised as anyone to find the ball where it landed.Very Diaby esc imo.

He was God awful at Milan, fat, uninterested, Senderos pace, need I go on?

Henry, Vieira and so on were never that bad, they just weren't refined.

We already have a messer in Diaby, so I say no.

Put it this way dos. It's the start of 07-08. Besides Kaka and Gilardino, you are the only player younger than 28. Pato has agreed to come but will only come in January. So that makes 4 young players, and the other 14 or so are older than 28. You're always on the bench, and you're almost always not chosen, and those older, and heck even slower than you are always chosen "because of experience." Would you still be interested in giving it all, playing smart, when you barely have 5 minutes when you do make a sub appearance?

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't know why your bothering Entropy. The guy has no clue what Gourcuff was upto in Milan, but he will pretend he knows anyway.

dos1986

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I don't know why your bothering Entropy. The guy has no clue what Gourcuff was upto in Milan, but he will pretend he knows anyway.

What was he up to then boss?

Come on!!!

No google time, I know your online.

nazo

Established Member
dos1986 said:
outlaw_member said:

What was he up to then boss?

Come on!!!

No google time, I know your online.

He was a wasted talent that's for sure.
Milan bought him and barely used him for obvious reasons. When they did use him, he was actually seen as a future Kaka replacement by many Milan fans and pundits.

I remember him being lauded as a future super star in France before leaving to Milan, and we were even interested in him (and have still been for the past 3 seasons at least). The guy is a great footballer and much better than Diaby (or what you described).

dos1986

Established Member
Excuse's not answers!

Gourcuff bombed because he didnt have the stomach, he was a stone overweight lol.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't know why I reply to him, even though he's on my foe list. I guess, I could do with a laugh from time to time.

Classy_Gunner

Just because he scored a great goal it doesnt mean that he is a fantastic player .

At Chelsea earlier on in the season he was ivisbible and showed no class at all to compete against a good English side .He is a good player but not so fantastic that we should get him .If he was good enough AC would of kept him instead of letting him go on loan. Titus Bramble scored a very good goal against Chelsea in his Newcastle days but he still is absolutley crap.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom